It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RuPaul (not Ron Paul) on the Presidential Campaign Trail!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A bit of levity (but true) for the campaign.

So... as the story goes, the last time Ron Paul ran, someone put up an image saying "RuPaul for President" (you can see the original urban prank here) It actually "caught on" for a bit, and there's all sorts of memoribilia/pictures from that episode that you can still find on line.

Sometime yesterday, RuPaul showed up on the New Hampshire campaign trail circuit in full campaign mode and with a slogan -- "I AM NOT RON PAUL AND I AM NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT" This is part of the hype for his show "RuPaul's Drag Race" and segments of the tour will be on that show.

The only time I ever saw him was in the movie, "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar" -- so the photos of him "in campaign mode" with his little hat and black suit look very very odd to me.

His fans knew he was going to be there, but (hilariously) not everyone did. The article continues

Earlier in the morning, a C-SPAN crew rolled up next to the diner in a deluxe campaign bus with the hope of talking to some Regular Americans. When all they could find were freaky and fabulous ones, C-SPAN split.

While I'm sure they are trying to present a certain image of "we're talking to credible Americans" when they give a broadcast, the fact is that these freaky and fabulous people DO actually vote, just like everyone else. It would have been interesting to see who the crowd favored.

His exit line was gleefully on target:

"You betta vote!" he whooped at the cheering crowd. "Remember, this country was founded by a bunch of men wearing wigs!"

"And heels!" a voice hollers from the scrum.

Yep. This election needs a bit of serious levity instead of the unintentional humor of the gaffes.

The article is a fun read.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I read it, laughed, and the first thought I had....
Flag-it

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That was great. Loved the word association video.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I read the transcript of the "word association" video (didn't see it) and giggled as I read it to my husband. Now I'm going to have to go watch the video -- RuPaul is so archly playful.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

[img]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/j9Q7ke8.2O_E7r4V_9U8Fw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/media.zenfs.com...[/ img]

Word!!!
Work it girl!!!

lol [s]he's a better choice than most of the candidates
edit on 8-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join