It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was JFK the last true president of the United states

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I find it very difficult to see how anyone can misinterpet this speech.

I have selected as the title of my remarks tonight "The President and the Press." Some may suggest that this would be more naturally worded "The President Versus the Press." But those are not my sentiments tonight.

Owing to his call for more secrecy from the press.

I want to talk about our common responsibilities in the face of a common danger. The events of recent weeks may have helped to illuminate that challenge for some...

He is refering to the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

...but the dimensions of its threat have loomed large on the horizon for many years. Whatever our hopes may be for the future--for reducing this threat or living with it--there is no escaping either the gravity or the totality of its challenge to our survival and to our security--a challenge that confronts us in unaccustomed ways in every sphere of human activity.

He is refering to Communism, particularly in the Western Hemisphere. You need to bear in mind that this was the height of the Cold War.

This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

The bolded part is completely self-explanatory.

But I do ask every publisher, every editor, and every newsman in the nation to reexamine his own standards, and to recognize the nature of our country's peril. In time of war, the government and the press have customarily joined in an effort based largely on self-discipline, to prevent unauthorized disclosures to the enemy. In time of "clear and present danger," the courts have held that even the privileged rights of the First Amendment must yield to the public's need for national security.

A clear and unambiguous appeal to the press for more secrecy in concerns of national security.

Today no war has been declared--and however fierce the struggle may be, it may never be declared in the traditional fashion. Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe. The survival of our friends is in danger. And yet no war has been declared, no borders have been crossed by marching troops, no missiles have been fired.

The bolded part is a direct reference to the Soviet Union and its allies.

If the press is awaiting a declaration of war before it imposes the self-discipline of combat conditions, then I can only say that no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of "clear and present danger," then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent.

Another clear call for more secrecy from the press.

It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions--by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper. For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Again, it is very obvious he is refering to the Soviet Union, its oppresive regime and how they handled their client states and allies.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match.

Here is the clincher so to speak. If he is refering to 'secrect societies' then why does he specifically mention the Cold War? There is no confusing the intent and topic of this speech.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I find it very difficult to see how anyone can misinterpet this speech.

It's unfortunate really, I really do think some are just so desperate to find a conspiracy where there isn't one, they go to extremes like believing this speech is about some secret society somewhere as opposed to what it's clearly about.. which I highlighted in this post here, as well as you yourself highlighting in the post above this one.

Sure, there are certain parts of this over all case where a conspiracy is very obvious, but this speech just isn't part of one. Once we listen to the full speech, which I can only assume some are not aware of or choose not to watch, it all becomes so blatantly obvious it really is hard to see how some can still cling to the secret society conclusion. Some just can't seem to ever let go of the conspiracy angle no matter what..

Anyway, nice post AugustusMasonicus, you helped clear a lot up there.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The last great president was Andrew Jackson. All those who followed him are complicit in the conspiracy to allow private banks to control monetary policy. Here is a link to his farewell speech; it is truly relevant to today's world.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

This romanticizing of the Kennedy family is laughable. The Kennedy family is the ultimate example of cronyism & nepotism, and this country would be better off without them.

When I read Kennedy's speech about combating communism, I had to look twice to make sure those weren't GWB's or BHO's words regarding terrorism. JFK was a masterful fear monger just like those who followed.
edit on 12-1-2012 by TheReligiousHoax because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

He could easily have been talking about the tri lateral commission and the CFR. Just because today it's out in the open doesn't mean it always was. Rhodes too. He must have known that the military was full of CFR operatives and also members of Skull and Bones frequently go on to become CFR.

Don't forget that the press has been embedded with CFR.
edit on 12-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Wow, from these statements it does seem as if he is admonishing the press and chiding them for revealing too much information which could be used by spies, as we know KGB had spies here and from what I understand, they dressed and talked just like Americans.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

JFK, indeed USA's last true president, stands for most everything the ATS should

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hi,

Sadly the world was not ready mentally for JFK.

THEN was NOT the time for the FIRST "TRUE" REVOLUTIONARY PRESIDENT.

SUCH A REVOLUTIONARY "DREAM" PRESIDENT HAD TO BE "YEARNED" FOR...

HENCE THE PLANNED KILLING OF JFK (& John Lennon).

AFTER DECADES OF WANT...NOW is TRULY the TIME!

AFTER THE "9/11, 7/7, GULF OIL, FUKUSHIMA" INSIDE JOBS...

The world is now READY for the NEEDED - PLANNED BY THE ILLUMINATI FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS -

THE FIRST "TRUE" REVOLUTIONARY "HONEST" PRESIDENT OF THE USA...

RON PAUL...

SUCH A PRESIDENT'S POLICIES ARE SO REVOLUTIONARY (will our HOLLOW EARTH be DISCLOSED? www.abovetopsecret.com... ) THAT WHEN IMPLEMENTED THEY WILL LITERALLY TURN THE PLANET ON ITS HEAD! IT TRULY WILL BE A "NEW WORLD ORDER"... SUCH A PRESIDENT WILL BE ELECTED. IF NOT RON PAUL THEN WHO? (WILL IT BE MH?)

Secret Service destroyed files, FBI and CIA still withhold

JFK assassination files, except for a few that--for reasons of national security or protecting informants--could remain secret until the year 2017. The Review Board released approximately 4.5 million pages, though many have only become easily searchable by researchers in recent years and some are still not easy to search. The released files sometimes refer to other groups of records that have still not been released. Also, the new information in the newly declassified files often puts older information in a new light and raises new questions--the biggest of which are why at least one agency destroyed certain files after the JFK Act was passed and how many files remain unreleased.

edit on 23-1-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

That is the youtube, conspiratard version of his speech. Try listening, or reading, the unedited version.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join