It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is quite strange.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... s/article-2083895/BA-passenger-jet-makes-emergency-landing-pilots-pass-controls.html

Please let me know what you think of this is it a cabin DE-pressurizing or something more serious like an attempted terrorist attack this is the first time i have come across something like this. Just curious to what ideas you have thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Stranger yet, your link took me the the Dailymail site, but said the page I was looking for either doesn't exist, or is no longer available.
Will check back in a few minutes to see if it's working.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Party, party, party.

Pilots, sheesh.

8 hours bottle to throttle guys.
edit on 8-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 8-1-2012 by kawika because: add video

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
BA passenger jet makes emergency landing after both pilots 'pass out' at the controls
Captain and first officer report feeling 'light-headed' as craft reaches 20,000 feet
Passengers hear 'panicked' captain call for help from senior cabin
They are supplied with oxygen masks and request emergency return to Heathrow

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

pilots ALMOST 'passed out' at the controls

Dailymail-are-the-ones-with...HYPOXIA
Pressurisation-problems-most-likely
edit on 8-1-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Odd. Not working for me either.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

That's the one bud.
edit on 8-1-2012 by ROYALMARINE1987 because: information was already there.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here we go. All better now.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
BA passenger jet makes emergency landing after both pilots 'pass out' at the controls
Captain and first officer report feeling 'light-headed' as craft reaches 20,000 feet
Passengers hear 'panicked' captain call for help from senior cabin
They are supplied with oxygen masks and request emergency return to Heathrow
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 8:49 PM on 8th January 2012
Comments (0)

A British Airways jet was forced to make an emergency landing after both pilots almost 'passed out' at the controls.
The Captain and first officer both reported feeling light headed as the aircraft, which had taken off from Heathrow, was climbing at 20,000 feet.
As the drama unfolded passengers heard a 'panicked' captain call for a senior member of the cabin crew to come to their aid.

Drama at 20,000 feet: Both the Captain and first officer reported feeling dizzy during the ascent (file photo)
They were then supplied with oxygen masks as they continued the stricken flight and requested an emergency return to Heathrow.
Fortunately the plane, an Airbus A321, landed safely but when paramedics arrived the pilots both said they had felt as though they were about to pass out.
The incident, which is now being investigated by the Air Accident Investigation Branch, was also reported by a passenger on the flight on a professional pilots website.

More...
Seven passengers injured as severe turbulence rocks superjet from London to Sydney
Miracle as 22-year-old rookie female pilot dodges cars to makes emergency landing on busy downtown street
He described how the captain of the flight, from London to Glasgow last month, sounded panicked and how cabin attendants looked worried at the turn of events.
'I was on the London to Glasgow flight yesterday, departed Heathrow at 4 pm-ish got airborne, at approx 20 mins into flight a very abrupt and panicked message came over the PA from the pilot,' he said.
He goes on to say that there were a number of 'worried faces' among the flight attendants who he saw with a oxygen cylinders and said the plane was soon heading back to Heathrow 'at great speed'.

The passengers were greeted at Terminal 5 shortly after take-off by paramedics and fire crews

The plane, an Airbus A321, was heading to Glasgow when both pilots reported feeling unwell
Cabin crew then announced they were experiecing technical difficulties but the passenger added they were greeted by fire crews, paramedics and engineers on landing.
'Still being fed the tech fault line but the first on board were paramedics??
'It later transpires that both pilots became lightheaded/dizzy/unwell at the same time, in my book that's serious,' he said.
Air accident investigators will now be examining what caused the pilots to become ill at the same time during the flight.
A spokesman for BA confirmed that both pilots had become 'unwell' and followed procedures by donning oxygen masks and returning to Heathrow.
'The pilots reported feeling light headed so, as a precaution and following normal procedure, put on their oxygen masks,' she said.
'Our pilots are highly trained to deal with such circumstances. The aircraft landed safely and customers continued their journey after a short delay.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is not good, I wonder what the
cause was. Glad that it turned out
well, I am sure the plane was full
of people.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yeah full of people it is really strange and whats even more strange it didn't get much publicity.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

actually cancel that if you look on the bbc news its right there.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
About a year ago I think there was an incident where both pilot and co-pilot fell asleep.

They overshot the destination by hundreds of miles.

Overwork?

Sleeping pilots story
edit on 8-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Upon researching into this i believe it is possible that they have flew straight into a chemical trail.

new topics

top topics

join