It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravitational Anomoly in Sri Lanka

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Awww, if only it was an electro-magnetic anomaly rather than gravitational, then I could have pretended the "Island" in Lost was based on a real Island

That would rock!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by Elienne
I recall that Arthur C. Clarke moved there along time ago. He wrote , among many topics, about lines from the Earth going up to a space station and a capsule would ascend on those lines up to the space station. A particular spot with known low gravity would be a logical spot for something like that!

aw you nearly beat me to it

it was "The Fountains of Paradise"

and IIRC the Space Elevator was located there for that very reason

so how long has this gravitational anomaly been known about?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yep it's absolutely beautiful and an amazing country. I spent a month there last year from the middle of Dec. until the middle of Jan 2011. I stayed in Colombo, but traveled to Kandy and some other local areas and even got to climb Sri Pada (also known as Adam's Peak). But, it's also a culture shock. ALOT different from the U.S. but the natives are awesome! I would love to go back for an extended stay. Even my kids miss it. And they have 75-80 degree weather all year long and humid, but also have a rainy season with some thunderstorms that will scare you to death. The thunder sounds like bombs going off in your house.

In regards to this discussion, all I can say is the gravity didn't seem any different there than it does here so as far as humans go, it's not enough of a difference for the average human to notice.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If one looks at Mars i think the answer is pretty simple about the anomalies.
The surface of mars shows the result of collisions with large commetary or astroid bodies in the past.
The whole planet bulges on the opposite side to these large maga craters (2000 mi),,,,,
Earth to was hit by a few of the cosmic eggs far back in time.
The biggest ones would bore into the core of the planet or nearly so.....Newtons equations and theres a distinct difference in the distribution of core- material from the penetrating asteroid.....which causes this anomaly, and it stands to reason that there would be a counter anomaly found at its antipodes.....perhaps the opposite ie increased gravity from the displaced core material(nickle iron).
In looking at the mars example we see the Great rift, and the bulge of one side, the missing material at the northern hemisphere right oppisite the great craters on the other side.
Mars must have even greater gravity anonalies the we do.........

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hmm antipod of anomaly is near eastern island....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by CLPrime

So................ sounds like a start-up endeavor!! Some pretty simple math would turn into some pretty simple marketing, and a huge windfall for Sri Lanka and the guys that market it on their behalf! Plus, I hear Sri Lanka is beautiful! I wouldn't mind moving there and becoming their minister of Space Marketing.

I was born there and it is indeed a magical country. Steeped in history and culture. I wont get into the details but there are quite a few anomalies, one such mystery is a place in the jungle where nothing grows its an area devoid of vegetation and with higher than normal levels of back ground radiation, The local Myth is that during the war with Rama ancient weapons of mass destruction were used. True or not i dont know but when i go back there in Dec this year i plan to do a jungle expedition to find out.

In regards to why they havent loaned out the country to launch shuttle into space, that could possible have something to do with the 30 year brutal civil way they were fighting up until 2 or 3 years ago. But from all reports everything is sorted out now and the economy is on the mend so any budding entrepreneurs by all means get on to it. It is a paradise and i cant wait to get back there.

As for the gravitational deviation this is the first i have heard of it and i dont think arthur c clark knew about.
edit on 9-1-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I`m a Srilankan , and living in colombo .. this is pretty interesting, I never knew such a thing about my country.. but its truly an amaizing country. I`m so happy to hear that you guys have visited Srilanka
. Hope you all had a really good time.. For sure you should be here again,

But I actually don`t think it would be a that good idea to start space exploration industry here
, as it might cause so many trouble here . We have a very wonderful surrounding here, really dont want to make any damages to it .

Yes , guys there are so many things hidden in this country, but noone`s noticing it much as you think. Even the scripts says that we had space crafts in the past, even still people believe that, may be they knew something about the gravitational anolomy even before that. Really existing history. I would love to do some exploration here

now they have found the worlds largest blue whales are living in srilanka, and the best part is they dont even migrate to any other place
.. perhaps , they might be loving this country

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakl1
I`m a Srilankan , and living in colombo .. this is pretty interesting, I never knew such a thing about my country.. but its truly an amaizing country. I`m so happy to hear that you guys have visited Srilanka
. Hope you all had a really good time.. For sure you should be here again,

But I actually don`t think it would be a that good idea to start space exploration industry here
, as it might cause so many trouble here . We have a very wonderful surrounding here, really dont want to make any damages to it .

Yes , guys there are so many things hidden in this country, but noone`s noticing it much as you think. Even the scripts says that we had space crafts in the past, even still people believe that, may be they knew something about the gravitational anolomy even before that. Really existing history. I would love to do some exploration here

now they have found the worlds largest blue whales are living in srilanka, and the best part is they dont even migrate to any other place
.. perhaps , they might be loving this country

yeah i saw a documentary on that. apparently they are feeding off krill deep in the ocean just off the south coast.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

I recall that Arthur C. Clarke moved there along time ago. He wrote , among many topics, about lines from the Earth going up to a space station and a capsule would ascend on those lines up to the space station. A particular spot with known low gravity would be a logical spot for something like that!

I was just thinking the same thing. Also, there is a book by David Hatcher Childress ~ Anti Gravity And The World Grid... Ah, here it is.

www.4shared.com... html

It covered Anti-gravity from Coral Castle to Cern, to antique reports of Tibetans blowing horns and banging drums to levitate boulders to the top of cliffs - complete with diagrams of the musicians placement for the purpose.

At any rate I immediately thought of these two authors when I saw this.

S+F OP

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Awww, if only it was an electro-magnetic anomaly rather than gravitational, then I could have pretended the "Island" in Lost was based on a real Island

An electro-magnetic anomaly would be a gravitational anomaly! Cause to effect.

So there ya go.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Could you explain how an EM anomaly would be a gravitational anomaly?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join