It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Locks Down 45,000 Accounts To Stop 'Worm' Spreading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Facebook could be doing this
to stop some info geting out.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Wow this is going to be a real shock for some people, they might have to actually talk to people for real for a change. Who knows even work productivity might go up a bit

This network keeps families and friends spread out in contact, so, they're talking to real people. Perhaps some of their favorites.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Those Facebook games are nearly all a waste of time. Of course, the first thing people think in this thread are "OMG, ALL MY FRIENDS AND PICS D:" when there is still the issue of where such hackster activities will stop, and where they might go next. It could be your livejournal or yearbook account, and we all know what kind of information goes on there.

It may even be government agencies getting hacked. This is simply another step along that path.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Lolwhut? Facebook has never been TRULY interested in our safety and security. All they want is to keep people from getting offended so the site won't get shut down, because their REAL interest is making money from it. Even the stupid phone registration is just so they can find more ways of getting ads to you, or more of your information to sell to companies.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

edit on 9-1-2012 by Ops4Ops because: replied tomyself on accident

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OHHHHH I never thought of that? Now that is thinking outside the box! ha ha ha jk I think that is taking farmtowning to a whole new realm and creating alot more work for yourself. reply to post by cerebralassassins

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am glad you got a chuckle. However I am fairly new to ATS and am just know learning about SOPA and what it means. Yes it is more important but give a person a break. And the name is OP, OPs4 if your nasty. (qouting janet jackson with a few changed words) reply to post by bigyin

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There is a difference between talking and writing. Unless someone is truly skilled in writing it is hard to emphasize ones true meaning and intent behind the words. It is much easier to tell someones true meaning of their words when it is vocalized as it carries emotion. The telephone has been around for more then a century.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Agreed. See, Facebook is only a smidgen of the entire internet. SOPA would restrict 90% of it, including Facebook. In my own personal opinion, I value this site much more than I do Facebook. There is so much more to be seen here...and it's more educational, besides.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by cenpuppie

I can't do nothing but chuckle at the mindset of the OP and some other posters.

I think censorship under SOPA is a much bigger threat than getting your Facebook hacked.

I can't help but chuckle at your egregious misinterpretation of my aims in starting this thread. I am not concerned with Facebook itself; my account was not shut down. I simply was pointing out the progress of hackers, as it pertains to the condition of the Internet. Since Facebook is a very popular site, it means hackers may be preparing to attack sites of heavy traffic. Don't pretend that the Internet being assaulted by both sides of the equation (Gov't and users) is a paltry issue.

If we can't rely on either the government or the users of the internet, who can be trusted to protect it? That's my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join