It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Animal Sickness? Please read!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I lost boris ( my Rotty ) Dec 15th . He was healthy and had all his shots. He became ill instantly and with all the symtoms you describe. All of them. I took him to the doctor and they said they didnt know what was wrong with him. He died several hours later . I am a believer in god and I am a human being . I say this without hesitation.
My only hope is that someday I will quit crying over him and I know this is a bit over the top but if his death was caused by something un-natural, I hope whoever is responsible dies tonight and in pain. Add to that everyone they love.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

edit on 8-1-2012 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is a new strain of Parvo virus going around that the shots do not cover. In this part of AZ dogs are dying left and right from it. Vaccinated dogs get it too. They have no vaccine for it because the FDA will not approve it. It amazes me that it takes SOO long for a parvo shot to get approved, but human flu shots come out in three months.

If you go to the dog park around here it is empty. The vets are telling everyone to keep away. My vet said he is putting down 20 dogs a day to this strain of parvo, ( small town so that is a lot here)

Be careful everyone!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
There is a new strain of Parvo virus going around that the shots do not cover. In this part of AZ dogs are dying left and right from it. Vaccinated dogs get it too. They have no vaccine for it because the FDA will not approve it. It amazes me that it takes SOO long for a parvo shot to get approved, but human flu shots come out in three months.

If you go to the dog park around here it is empty. The vets are telling everyone to keep away. My vet said he is putting down 20 dogs a day to this strain of parvo, ( small town so that is a lot here)

Be careful everyone!

Hey that is great info. Do you by chance have any sources that i can check out? Thanx!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by awatcher2

Thank you for all of that info! I will definitely remember that in the future. Out of curiosity are you a vet?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I'm glad you've been lucky.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but perhaps look into the food your dog is eating. Mine got sick during the Alpo food poisoning incident. He wasn't eating or drinking, he would just lay on the floor without moving and go to the bathroom where he was lying. He then lost the ability to stand and had to be put to sleep.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I would suspect that it is radiation poisioning.

Does your pooch go out and eat grass when his tummy is upset. If your living on the west coast that may be why.

The amount of radiation ingested may be the root cause .

But of course the vet is not going to tell you that.

Good luck.

I suspect this may be the root cause ..

Scan your local archived news for the birth of babies around the time in question and then scan the obits and looks for some links.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

I was going to mention this also. I've had numerous 'scares' here with my animals - (the local news reporting not to feed this and that Chinese brand food due to animal deaths) and since this Chinese animal food (crap) is shipped all over the world I was thinking it might be the cause.

I'm so glad the dog is better!!!

peace

edit on 9-1-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Here is a link. You can find info about it all over he web. I have been told by the vets here, the vaccinated dogs are dying from this and to keep your dogs out of public places.

vetmedicine.about.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It maybe the dog food. after reading about the crap they put in the supposedly natural expensive dog food i started making my own dog food with real meat and veggies. so many dogs have died or gotten very sick from tainted dog food.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I kid you not this is true. I keep gerbils and have done for years. Anyway, recently(last few years) ive been noting down when theyve died or basically got ill to the point theyre near death and have had to be put down so these dates are the day of their death. All gerbils are looked after well and only die around 2/3 years old.

Dates are as follows:

Gerb 1: 8/10/09
Gerb 2: 24/10/09
Gerb 3: 5/10/10
Gerb 4: 14/10/10
Gerb 5: 4/10/11
Gerb 6: 29/10/11

Bit weird...to be honest. I did notice they were all dying around the same time. I live in Scotland but just thought i'd add this to the thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry about poor Pravo's illness was glad to hear that he has recovered he's very lucky to have some people like yourselves to take care of him. I guess as somone suggested it could be Fluroide is there anyway you could have his vet check on the chemistry in his blood? Will have to keep watch on this thanks for the heads up. Sure hope Pravo stays healthy and happy for along time and yourselves as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join