It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Animal Sickness? Please read!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hello everyone! This isn't my usual conspiracy forum, but I've recently heard some troubling news and wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar situation.

Around October of 2011, our dog (a Shiba Inu) suddenly became very ill. He was up to date on all his vaccinations, and is generally a young, healthy dog. He was only a year old at the time, so we was healthy and strong.
After a few days of becoming lethargic, he wouldn't eat, or drink. Then the vomiting and and bloody diarrhea started.
We took him a pet emergency hospital and they said he had seriously low white cell count and liver dysfunction / inflammation. He had a blood plasma transfusion and serious amounts of medication. Then his GI tract, lower intestinal tract stopped functioning and had a distended stomach which all required surgery to correct.
After all that, about two days after surgery he started to recover and since has been a healthy and happy dog!

The strange part is, I have heard of several other cases of dogs in that time frame get ill. In fact, on happen stance I was talking to my next door neighbor and their dog died in October of last year of the same symptoms.
I checked out some other neighbors, and low and behold FIVE other people had dogs who perished in October, with 2 families that paid extensive amounts of money like we did to keep theirs alive.

In total, that's 6 families with dogs that died, and 4 families with dogs that survived all having the same symptoms and at the same time period of October 2011.

My question :
Is there anyone living in the Central Valley area of California (Visalia, Fresno, Hanford, Lemoore etc) that had their dog die or get very ill around October 2011? Or, if you had dog that became seriously ill with the same symptoms in October 2011 post here as well.

Also, to add - almost everyone I talked said they had their dog vaccinated against Parvo which is the fatal dog flu. And our dog also did not have Parvo - the vet at the hospital tested him for it and he was negative.

What could it have been that affected so many dogs in that specific time frame? A new virus? Something in the air? Something in the water? I don't know. But 10 dogs all in the same month perishing or becoming seriously ill? Seems like more than co-incidence to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
With the rising amounts of fluoride and prescription drugs in our water supply, its a wonder the animals have made it this long. Remember, they drink an awful lot of water from the tap.
edit on 8-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What about radiation sickness? Or radon?

EDIT: It could also have been a nasty neighbor who for whatever reason doesn't like dogs and decided to poison the neighborhood dogs -Did the vet suggest anything?
edit on 8-1-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm glad to hear your dog is better. I had a dog once with those symptoms, but it turned out to be corona virus.
Symptoms same as Parvo, but not as deadly. Three days on IV's and he was fine.

But what you are describing........sounds like those symtoms dogs were having with that imported dog food from China. Remember that? Although that was also knocking out their kidneys and livers. But I'm wondering...anyway you can find out what Brand of food those people used?

link   
im not from there..i guess its not a poison either..is this correct ...why would this be happening..there was a case here where someone animal got sick as well..something with the eye and kind of the stuff you just mentioned..dont know the title to look it up for you...Have you tried changing the animals diet at all...
Is there water that your animal could be getting into that is not good??
what about poisons on the grass..

please watch your earthquake monitor there as well, you never know if this could have something to do with this as well..Probably not but you never know..
Have all the test been done..check out the brain...of the animal as well..I surely hope your pet survives..I have 2 dogs and 2 cats and 3 birds and 2 fish....i really hope that you can find out what is going on.....Im so so sorry

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm sure you vet did a blood tox screen. But, did you consider intentional poisoning. It is odd that so many dogs in the same general area, were affected by the same ailment.

So, glad your Pooch is doing all better....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My mom's dog has similar symptoms, local vet said it could have been "bad" dog treats from China. Deadly Dog Treats

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Another link about Chinese dog treats, this one is recent. December 2011.

I'm just curious if you could investigate a little, and see if there is a link here between the illnesses.
This kinda of thing makes me tense.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! He is doing much better, back to full health and totally normal

I'm pretty sure it wasn't poisoning, as the vet did run him through all the standard tests for toxins and everything. They were asking us if he got into anything as they were clueless to what was causing him to get sick.
Also, we have a cat as well who didn't get sick at all, so I think we can safely assume this only effects dogs.

It's just pretty crazy that so many dogs died or have gotten seriously ill in the same area in the same time frame.

I'm concerned that the water might be contaminated with something, or maybe some sort of insecticide the farmers are using are causing the dogs to get ill? We are surrounded by farm land, and the stench of cow manure can be pretty potent at times.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and this is the weirdest thing I have read all week. My roomate's dog a #su terrier cross was also sick around that time. Before that time he had never crapped in the house or done anything like that and i moved in about 8 months prior to this happening. He became sick and started having bloody diareah poops on the floor. He became deprressed and never wanted to play(which is something i'd never seen before aswell). My next question is; why did my dog get sick too when i live over 2000 miles away?

P.S. Did you notice if it was gender specific?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
its the food your feeding your dog..............make SURE you feed in ONLY made in America NON GMO type food.........Ellen DeGeneres has a wonderful pet food she has made and sells.......she was having problems with sick pets a few years back so she had a pet food made that VERY healthy......
Someone was posting about their cat here on ATS, and it was food issues that was the culprit......so I changed MY cat food, and all 3 of my 'little' cats have all gained at least half of their body weight and are not such tiny bags of bones anymore, so I am SO GLAD I did it....

Originally posted by coldkidc
What about radiation sickness? Or radon?

OH YES keep the pets from the beach....NO west coast beach days for pets for a loooooong time coming

edit on 8-1-2012 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

Hi! I read that article, and it mentions chicken jerky products, which I'm pretty sure we never bought for him. We only get him Milkbones, normal raw hides to chew on, and those Kong treats.

It is interesting though...I guess we can't trust anything from China. Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be checking labels from now on!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Hi! Wow that is startling! To answer your question, no I haven't. I do know that atleast three of the 10 dogs I mentioned were male, as is mine. Do you think it could only be affecting one gender?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syyth007
My mom's dog has similar symptoms, local vet said it could have been "bad" dog treats from China. Deadly Dog Treats

China products are being discovered more and more to have harmful chemicals and toxins in them. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if the poor dog was poisoned by a China made treat.

Beware of any product made in China. Their products have no quality, and are harmful to your health whether it be childrens toys, or pet treats, or whatever.
edit on 8-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
as for the dog treats and food my roomate always got him milk bones and food that a breeder makes and sells at the local farmers market and he's the healthiest dog i've seen other than that incedent.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

OK more pieces to the puzzle. You mention farmland. Was your dog screened for amebic parasites? The reason I ask, I lost several dogs, and almost myself, due to amebic dysentery we all caught from a coatimundi I was taking care of.

There could have been an outbreak on a nearby farm. Then spread through wind, birds, water though out the neighborhood..

The symptoms you mentioned seemed familiar. Just running things through the thinking cap here.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I worked at an animal shelter back in 05-06, there was a mystery sickness that killed every single dog(63 in total) in our shelter. It popped up in a shelter 30 miles away and killed their dogs too. To this day they dont know what it was.
edit on 8-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: fixin a typo

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by Syyth007

China products are being discovered more and more to have harmful chemicals and toxins in them. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if the poor dog was poisoned by a China made treat.

Beware of anything from made in China. Their products have no quality, and are harmful to your health.
edit on 8-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

OMG I have thought about the possibility that China poisons there
strays' THEN uses those carcases as meat fodder for dog food'.....horrible thought I know, but.......sounds just like something they would do to 'put one over on the USA'....I have NO BASE for thinking this other than ideas from 'soylent green is people' thing, but in the form of pets, so please dont think I have any insider info......it just 'feels funny' (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by zeeon

I worked at an animal shelter back in 05-06, there was a mystery sickness that killed every single dog(63 in total) in our shelter. It popped up in a shelter 30 miles away and killed their dogs too. To this day they dont know what it was.
edit on 8-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: fixin a typo

Wow, that's terrible
And still no idea what caused it? That's sad man, I'm a huge animal lover, and I hate to hear stories about this type of thing. Just tragic. :\

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by zeeon

OK more pieces to the puzzle. You mention farmland. Was your dog screened for amebic parasites? The reason I ask, I lost several dogs, and almost myself, due to amebic dysentery we all caught from a coatimundi I was taking care of.

There could have been an outbreak on a nearby farm. Then spread through wind, birds, water though out the neighborhood..

The symptoms you mentioned seemed familiar. Just running things through the thinking cap here.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Honestly, I don't think he has been screened for any type of parasites. Just the normal vac's a dog should have at his age. I wouldn't even know how to go about finding out if there was any kind of outbreak on local farm land. I do know that it's mostly cow country up here - with some agriculture but mostly cattle.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join