It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water detox & Raw food diet.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Tomorrow I am starting a 10 day water fast (just water - spring water, without fluoride). The 10 days consist of just water. Its cleanses out all the bad toxins within your body and sort of resets your digestive system.

After the 10 day water fast is finished I am thinking of going on the Raw food diet as an alternative lifestyle... you know it just makes so much sense to be eating fruit, vegetables and drink water rather than all this junk we consume day in and day out?!

I'm really exciting for the new chapter although I am wondering if anyone else on here currently does the same sort of thing?

Tacka
(Take Care)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have been on a Paleo diet since October.

It has worked wonders for me. More energy, sleeping better, no heartburn and the list goes on.

Best of luck and I hope you have a good imagination with food. It will come in handy

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm going to Google it but whats that Paelo diet thingy?!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i think it the caveman diet

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some foods benefits are not released if they are not cooked, one example is tomatoes they are full of antioxidants but they are only are available in cooked tomatoes.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love the water fast. I do a 24hour water fast once per week to cleanse my body, for about 2 years now, my friends think I'm crazy but I love the mental toughness that it builds. Being able to say no and take control.
The raw food diet is also something that I advocate. Although I am not a 100% participant I do understand the benefits. I have followed a lifestyle simar to the paleo diet for about a decade. 10 years ago I purchased a diet and training manual written by a bloke called Anthony Bova it is titled "the spartan health regime" it basically follows the natural diet of man, lots of raw fruits and veggies and a high intake of animal fats with restricted grains and almost zero white starchy products, coupled with a very basic and effective training plan designed to build real world strength and prevention of injury. It is not for the faint hearted, a lot of discipline and dedication just like a spartan warrior, to avoid the temptation of modern day convenience.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've thought of going on one of these "back to basic" diets and just had a quick look at the Paleolithic diet.

I'm thinking of making my own though, sticking to chicken, tuna, rices, cheeses, nuts, water and fruit juices.

Something just sprang to mind, their life expectancy was between 33 - 54, so if this diet was better for us wouldn't they have lived longer?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Tomorrow I am starting a 10 day water fast (just water - spring water, without fluoride).

I am just starting to read a few books on "hunger healing" by Dr. Lydia Kovacheva, which is not the same as "fasting" or "the master cleansing diet" but similar, and I think it is exactly what you plan to try.

www.squidoo.com...

What I want to point out to you however, from what my friend who told me about this method has emphasized so many times, including a one hour discussion last night, is that when you do this hunger healing diet, it is SO IMPORTANT how and what you put in your stomach the the first day you decide to start eating, the second day, third, fourth and so on. I don't know if it is 100% accurate what he told me last night, or if he just wants to scare me a bit so I am careful with this diet, but he told me that there are many people who have died because of something they ate after being 5 or 10 days on just water,including people he knew. The reason being is that your entire digestive system has been shut down for period of time, and by eating a whole potato instead of a 1/3 of a potato the first day, it could be fatal.

My suggestion to you is to do as much research on what you must and must not eat when you are getting closer to finishing your hunger healing and also get some guidance from a doctor. I know they will probably tell you you are nuts, don't do it, but they could help you out if you really want them to.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am careful what I eat and drink yet one thing that bugs me is wondering what is in the actual plastic of water bottles - I know BPA is used in many many products - It mimicks growth hormones and has been shown to have detremental affects in many studies - It is like how Aspertame is used as a sweetener in soft drinks etc - I was shocked to discover that Aspertame is made in labs form Ecoli bacteria which is fed with industrial waste by products and Aspertame is then what this bacteria excretes - Sounds crazy I know - Google it - But good luck with the new diet - I have a friend who is a raw food vegan and swears by it.
edit on 8-1-2012 by artistpoet because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is the book I am about to read:

Bragg Healthy Lifestyle: Vital Living to 120!
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rasho69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join