It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering the question: why is there suffering if there is God.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Quick question OP are your hands suffering from typing out so many replies yet personally my belief is that we create our own suffering aside from diseased people who lead healthy lives

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Why is it that good people suffer and bad people don't.?

You seem to take great pleasure in your replies does that make you bad.?

Is it because of people like you that suffering of all types continue.?

I am sure the bad people that have never suffered know what pleasure is, they are laughing at us now.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Having acid thrown in your face because you want to divorce your husband. And then nothing is done to him because it's perfectly acceptable to do that as a man in your country. Where's God? In a coma?

Persecution is what makes heroes or heroins out of normal humans. Joan of Arc was raped in jail and this led her to lead an army.

A war that caused more suffering and death....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Q. Why is there free will that creates a ripple of effects from every single choice that is made?
A. Because it is Universal Law.

Can it not be that simple? I think so....to each his own in understanding and deciphering the Why's.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

All truths are but half truths.

Because the All contains everything, you can't do anything outside of the All making it seem as if there is not free will. But because U are already within the All, which is everything, you can make the choice to do anything that is within the All.
Human perspective is the only thing that "creates" boundaries. Hence the limit of vision in a valley and the limitless of the mountaintop. Fractal, paradox, flow

Yes it is simple. Yes it is difficult.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink

Why is it that good people suffer and bad people don't.?

You seem to take great pleasure in your replies does that make you bad.?

Is it because of people like you that suffering of all types continue.?

I am sure the bad people that have never suffered know what pleasure is, they are laughing at us now.

Bad people suffer because when an infamous criminal gets away with a crime, his infamy makes people hate him so much that they stop being evil themselves. People become good when faced with adversity, the greater the evil the greater the reward.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Having acid thrown in your face because you want to divorce your husband. And then nothing is done to him because it's perfectly acceptable to do that as a man in your country. Where's God? In a coma?

Persecution is what makes heroes or heroins out of normal humans. Joan of Arc was raped in jail and this led her to lead an army.

A war that caused more suffering and death....

It was justified at least. If someone is a victim of war, how can they be a victim when they employ war?

People who think evil people are happy would have to agree that joan of arc became happy. I dont feel this way but that is the logic employed. The true goal is samadhi not war.
edit on 9-1-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The goal of man is to attain Self Realization. This is God.

God as a tyrant does not make sense, why would a god make war with his inferiors

God is more than love because love can be hurtful and dangerous

God is the highest, so that word must point to the soul beyond your mind. It has to, because the mind can comprehend everything underneath it but itself. That can only be known through repeated realization, as it is immaterial.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
Quick question OP are your hands suffering from typing out so many replies yet personally my belief is that we create our own suffering aside from diseased people who lead healthy lives

No despite using a mobile and not a keyboard.

Suffering IS self caused.
Self is uncaused, so that is the key to the riddle.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Why is nothing done to him? if acid was thrown in your face, would you do nothing, or perhaps run to the same government that allows this? or maybe run to a foreign government, usa, which claims to be saviors but really would only use this to demonize the other side to go to war. God gives us free will so we can take justice for ourselves, who else would do it? Where is God? watching. In a coma? no but you are if you do not act to defend yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Ok, our OWN government flying a couple of planes into the WTC. All the suffering children in the daycare at the OKC building bombings? Lets hear it

If you belive that version, then, what are you doing to stop this? You have free will and powers of reason, why are you waiting for God or someone else to act? Without 911 you would still be n the dark about gov crimes, so why it is bitter to swallow it has made you smarter, and if you reject this you are rejecting the truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkNinja

Starvation and disease brings communities together, for example christian missionaries helping african nations would not happen without disease and starvation.

WAIT, did you actually just say that starvation, and disease are good, because that way you have an easy in to sell your religion ?

no i did not say that it was good nor did i try to sell you anything.

That's the most ignorant thing I have heard come out of someones mouth, you, and your god should be ashamed of yourselves.

We are on the internet so you did not hear anything come out of my mouth.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
God created the earth and "it was good"
Suffering is not good, thats ludicrous, its insane to suggest suffering is good.
Jesus healed those who were suffering, because it is not what we were created for.
Sin causes suffering, sin and greed and evil. God is not the orchestrator of sin. Humanity is sinful and sin causes our suffering
What a truly silly premise.
Dont believe these silly statements about suffering being good its just blatantly wrong. God didnt create us to suffer, thts why our eyes should be on heaven, this earth is fallen and suffering.
Its BAD

Unless suffering is good because it makes us yearn for heaven.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

How do you see "yearning for heaven" as a virtue, unless it would be to bring 'heaven' to earth by working to make it a better place for people to live?
To me, just writing off reality in favor of a fantasy is why the world is as bad as it is. People should face the fact that this world is the one we are given, and we need to work on fixing this one, knowing that we are not somehow going to be given a different one.
edit on 16-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Whether one believes in God or goes against their conscience makes no difference when it comes to the fact that each one of us will suffer.
Take the parable of the wise and foolish builders for example: Matthew 7:24-27
24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

The house on the sand and the house on the rock both experience rain, floods, and winds that blow and beat.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by borntowatch

How do you see "yearning for heaven" as a virtue, unless it would be to bring 'heaven' to earth by working to make it a better place for people to live?
To me, just writing off reality in favor of a fantasy is why the world is as bad as it is. People should face the fact that this world is the one we are given, and we need to work on fixing this one, knowing that we are not somehow going to be given a different one.
edit on 16-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Yeah right, the fantasy is you suggesting it can be fixed
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join