It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering the question: why is there suffering if there is God.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 8-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by AzureSky
women and children getting stoned to death.

brutality against women and children cause good men to sacrifice for the more innocent, like how the military fights because they think their enemies are oppressors of women.

They send our military to protect and attain more resources and profits.
We shouldn't be there. period.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why do we live in a world were everybody's mind and body gets hijacked by birth? You know putting programs/believes in us, Whats the purpose of life's experience?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Starvation and disease brings communities together, for example christian missionaries helping african nations would not happen without disease and starvation.

WAIT, did you actually just say that starvation, and disease are good, because that way you have an easy in to sell your religion ?

That's the most ignorant thing I have heard come out of someones mouth, you, and your god should be ashamed of yourselves.

Here's an example of all that good missionary work

It was then that they discovered, as if by miracle, the proper method of converting the Tahitians. They discovered that the local chief, Pomare, liked alcohol (distilled by the missionaries) - so much that he became an alcoholic. Addicted to the distilled spirit (perhaps the holy spirit), Pomare agreed to back the missionaries in their work of conversion. Pomare, supplied with western firearms, easily subdued his native opponents. Upon his victory over his rivals, the whole island was forcibly converted in one day.

Just plain sick
edit on 8-1-2012 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Give your example of suffering and I will show you how it can also be viewed in a positive manner.

The answer is that suffering occurs because hardship builds character. Give me your specific example of hardship, torment, suffering, and evil and i will relate that universal truth in more detail, either personal or historical examples.

How about hardship so hard that ends your life? How about being killed by food poisoning from Jack in the Box? I don't see how that builds character.

if someone dies from a jack n the box people will learn not to eat there, Gods plan is not just for the individual but for all.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
suffering becomes the fuel for spiritual growth

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

women and children getting stoned to death.

brutality against women and children cause good men to sacrifice for the more innocent, like how the military fights because they think their enemies are oppressors of women.

They send our military to protect and attain more resources and profits.
We shouldn't be there. period.

wihout the military industrial complex there would be no ron paul. war elevates the man of peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Why do we live in a world were everybody's mind and body gets hijacked by birth? You know putting programs/believes in us, Whats the purpose of life's experience?

we are fed propaganda so that when we awaken we realize the full extent of its evil, otherwise it would be a non issue.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkNinja

Starvation and disease brings communities together, for example christian missionaries helping african nations would not happen without disease and starvation.

WAIT, did you actually just say that starvation, and disease are good, because that way you have an easy in to sell your religion ?

That's the most ignorant thing I have heard come out of someones mouth, you, and your god should be ashamed of yourselves.

through perceived ignorance you vow to change your ways and be less ignorant, through my words perhaps you become motivated to help the starving.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
if i missed anyone or you want a follow up let me know.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

through perceived ignorance you vow to change your ways and be less ignorant, through my words perhaps you become motivated to help the starving.

I don't need to change my ways, I am not the one that sees starvation as a positive because it helps me sell a religion.

Your holier than thou BS is tired, and old, and I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by filosophia

Ok, our OWN government flying a couple of planes into the WTC. All the suffering children in the daycare at the OKC building bombings? Lets hear it

Terrorism causes good people like yourself to become awakened to the true evil of society and to fight it. All conflicts motivate good people to protect the innocent.

"word games": Balderdash!Surely an omnipotent GOD has afew spare minutes to "protect the innocent"????

Face it your God is noticeably absent (negligent) during the real horrors happening in his "ant farm"
...If I treatedmypets with such disdain I'd have the aspca all over me..
edit on 8-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

These injustices are not mine but other's, and if I am faced with injustice, I will gladly accept the suffering of others so that they may find joy. My life does not exist to be moved by pain or bemoaningly suffer from injustices. My mind is clear, roots have been lifted, and if I should go down unjustly, I will do so with a smile on my face and love for my accusers.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I don't need to change my ways, I am not the one that sees starvation as a positive because it helps me sell a religion.

Your holier than thou BS is tired, and old, and I feel sorry for you.

which religion is it Im selling again, and when will I be receiving my check? The answet is never because i am not selling anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes you are. Your selling eternal bliss, and everlasting life, and you prey on the sick, the needy, and most desperate. You receive a "cheque" from god as your payment is favour. Keep building your stairway to heaven Sophia, convert the ATS crowd for your god.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

If God came down from heaven to protect the innocent there would be no cause to build virtue or even rationality. If God saved you before you did anything harmful you would have no reason to use your mind and no reason to be anything more than a plant which unconsciously bends towards the light.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Is one of our life lessons from god to build character? Or is it to have compassion and feel empathy...I don't know but I'm pretty confident there is no life lesson learned for a parent who's child is killed either through disease or by accident...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yes you are. Your selling eternal bliss, and everlasting life, and you prey on the sick, the needy, and most desperate. You receive a "cheque" from god as your payment is favour. Keep building your stairway to heaven Sophia, convert the ATS crowd for your god.

eternal bliss is free and you do not need a ticket to go on this ride, only an open mind and some Philosophy. I am at the top of my stairway.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Is one of our life lessons from god to build character? Or is it to have compassion and feel empathy...I don't know but I'm pretty confident there is no life lesson learned for a parent who's child is killed either through disease or by accident...

Ultimately we build character so as to understand God through meditation and practice. Without suffering there is no reason to seek a higher spiritual bliss. If children remained children forever and parents took care of them with no injuries it would be unrealistic since children must grow up. You say it is wrong for a child to die, but how wrong is it for the child to see the parent die through old age? Everyone and everything dies so they can be united with the absolute reality, God.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You are at the top of the stairway ?

You so far have said that people that die needlessly through disease, starvation, pre-mature death, and every other horrible way to pass on, are in fact sacrifices, human sacrifices that is, for the greater good. When a child dies in a car accident it is actually a human sacrifice for the greater good, as the parents will learn humility ? When people are dying from starvation, is it just a sacrifice for the greater good as then God's word is more easily spread ? You really need to look at what your saying at its base, as its truly some barbaric rhetoric.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join