It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering the question: why is there suffering if there is God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Give your example of suffering and I will show you how it can also be viewed in a positive manner.

The answer is that suffering occurs because hardship builds character. Give me your specific example of hardship, torment, suffering, and evil and i will relate that universal truth in more detail, either personal or historical examples.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Ok, our OWN government flying a couple of planes into the WTC. All the suffering children in the daycare at the OKC building bombings? Lets hear it

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Having acid thrown in your face because you want to divorce your husband. And then nothing is done to him because it's perfectly acceptable to do that as a man in your country. Where's God? In a coma?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Ok, our OWN government flying a couple of planes into the WTC. All the suffering children in the daycare at the OKC building bombings? Lets hear it

Terrorism causes good people like yourself to become awakened to the true evil of society and to fight it. All conflicts motivate good people to protect the innocent.

link   
millions of starving children.
rampant aids
military industrial complex
war

need i go on? thats a lot of suffering.

edit on 8/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

link   
Give me your opinion on this situation.

www.cnn.com...

Plumadore admitted repeatedly striking the girl in the head with a brick as she stood on the front steps of his mobile home in the early hours of December 22.
Plumadore was baby-sitting Aliahna at the time.
He also told authorities he stored Aliahna's body in garbage bags in a freezer at his home until that night, when he allegedly dismembered it with a hacksaw.
According to the affidavit, Plumadore told investigators he threw parts of the body into a nearby commercial trash bin but kept the head, hands and feet in his freezer.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why can't a new born walk, cant his parents just carry him forever?

Man creates his own suffering, we must learn to walk.

A good example of suffering is the lack of food in certain nations, compared to the surplus in others.

-GM
edit on 8-1-2012 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Having acid thrown in your face because you want to divorce your husband. And then nothing is done to him because it's perfectly acceptable to do that as a man in your country. Where's God? In a coma?

Persecution is what makes heroes or heroins out of normal humans. Joan of Arc was raped in jail and this led her to lead an army.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
women and children getting stoned to death.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
millions of starving children.
rampant aids
military industrial complex
war

need i go on? thats a lot of suffering.

edit on 8/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Starvation and disease brings communities together, for example christian missionaries helping african nations would not happen without disease and starvation.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think a better question would be, if God allows suffering, then why is there joy?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Give me your opinion on this situation.

www.cnn.com...

Plumadore admitted repeatedly striking the girl in the head with a brick as she stood on the front steps of his mobile home in the early hours of December 22.
Plumadore was baby-sitting Aliahna at the time.
He also told authorities he stored Aliahna's body in garbage bags in a freezer at his home until that night, when he allegedly dismembered it with a hacksaw.
According to the affidavit, Plumadore told investigators he threw parts of the body into a nearby commercial trash bin but kept the head, hands and feet in his freezer.

sociopaths is the one thing government should imprison, if there were more like that governments would not become corrupt through idleness which gives them the excuse to imprison decent people.

link   
why is there suffering if there is God?

Because we allow suffering to exist. We are god. We are one big consciousness.
God is acting right now. We are awakening.

50years ago, humans could not unite the way they can now. Thank you charles Chaplin, thank you god for the Internet.

This is my anwer

paradigm shift ahead.

(Ive seen the horror in North Korea, people living in tens over seas in the US, killing of Palestinians etc etc0Pffff Why did religion put is back to back.

I have one question

Why do I know all these things, and all I really can do is be a Couch warrior?

(Im Dutch so might be some mistakes)
edit on 8-1-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

link   

I thought you were going to answer my question? No beating around the bush. Why did those people and children suffer, and why/how was it POSITIVE?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Why can't a new born walk, cant his parents just carry him forever?

Man creates his own suffering, we must learn to walk.

A good example of suffering is the lack of food in certain nations, compared to the surplus in others.

-GM
edit on 8-1-2012 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

all things develop slowly so they die slowly. if you popped into existence a full grown man you could just as easily pop out of existence. gradual development builds a permanent instinct for movement.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
women and children getting stoned to death.

brutality against women and children cause good men to sacrifice for the more innocent, like how the military fights because they think their enemies are oppressors of women.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I think a better question would be, if God allows suffering, then why is there joy?

Earthly joy is meant to dampen the blow of suffering to those not yet ready to face the pain of injustices.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

anxiety causes the mind to react, even if you are just on a couch if you are contemplating younare progressing as a rational being.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

I thought you were going to answer my question? No beating around the bush. Why did those people and children suffer, and why/how was it POSITIVE?

the parents suffered to know not to leave their children in a day care facility run by the feds.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I love the typical atheist responses to this type of questioning.
It's as if they list everything bad or negative then say..."Where's your "God" now?"

When in reality, regardless of what they believe, these events take place...And always will.
They have always taken place, because death and suffering are parts of life.
Just as prosperity and success are parts of life too.
You can't blame God for humans decisions.
He gave us free will.

Humans have a free will to decide what to believe in or not.
They can choose to do good deeds or do bad deeds, also.
Pretty simple if you ask me.
But deep down I believe everyone knows what's right and wrong.
They either deny what is shown to them, or embrace it.

That's what differentiates us from every other creature.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join