It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea hints it would accept multilateral nuke talks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The United States expressed interest Saturday in a comment from North Korea that indicated possible movement toward the Bush administration's demand for multilateral, not one-on-one, negotiations about the communist nation's suspected nuclear weapons program.

www.cnn.com...

It seem that North-Koreans are afraids. They didn't know that Irak would collapse so quickly. They were seeing seeing Irak as like a new Vietnam for the USA. Since they know that they had wrong, they changes their mind and opinion. The great leader is looking more smart than Saddam is/was.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Interesting...

I wonder if they will just give in. Get rid of their nuke producing program, and continue being the crazy, overpopulated country that they are.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Now I have no proof of this, but I really feel that the sudden "change" in N.Korea's viewpoint is directly due to the fact that both Russia and China have vowed not to aid them unless the US provokes the attack. Now seeing that, coupled with Iraq's quick demise and our low losses of equipment and troops, Also bearing in mind thier own oil and food crisis, I think they have decided that waiting for China to go at the US (inevitable) then cast thier lot.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i think that japan had a larger role in it than did russia or china, which isn't to say they didn't have a role. i belive that is anything did happen over there, japan would destroy north korea. a strong navy and air force, definately better equpped and trained than nk's would get em blasted. the only way north korea will act, is when they aren't alone in their battle. the us is just picking off threats one by one, in order to prevent a coalition against them. iraq, syria, iran, palestine, maybe even saudi arabia. then we'll go east, north korea
wgat a sad state of affairs...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So it's true. North Korea was just "rattleing their sword". The only way they planned on using it was with their friends backing them up.

You can't fight America alone and win.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Interesting...

I wonder if they will just give in. Get rid of their nuke producing program, and continue being the crazy, overpopulated country that they are.

Overpopulated ?

NK = 24 million peoples.
SK = 45 million peoples.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree that South Korea is way more overpopulated. But 24 million people in a space that small...Gotta get cramped. From what I've heard, there's not much building space over in the Koreas.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Korea may have indeed be prompted to rattle the saber, only to be left to stand on thier own. That remains to be seen.

Also North Korea is not over populated, they are a disease infested, starving country looking for a leader to pull them out of the hell they are in. To bad they picked the biggest idiot in the entire East Shore Area to do it. Kinda like tornado's on TV, people seem to flock to the loud mouthed idiot at the onset of a problem only to totally seperate from them at the end. I like for good old Kim to be exiled within two years.

dom

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"Kinda like tornado's on TV, people seem to flock to the loud mouthed idiot at the onset of a problem only to totally seperate from them at the end. I like for good old Kim to be exiled within two years."

I do hope you're right Shining Wizard. Perhaps America will turn on Dubya within the next few years too...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Don't see that happening. Too many liberals too busy trying to point out his every mistake. And too many conservatives caught up in politics. Nobody will take action.

As for North Korea, I thought there were a bunch of mountains there. That limits building space, hence the "overpopulation". I could be wrong though.

Kim is just a loud-mough idiot. People will follow somone if they are loud enough. I think this is where some of the protesters get their ideology...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Give him a couple of years to clean up all of Clinton's mess and then judge him. Remember, half of the Iraqi conflict was Clinton's fault, as well as the monetary issues. Why do people forget this stuff?

Clinton was an idiot! I repeat Clinton was an idiot!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
um, bush spent all of clintons so called mess. just cos he screwed lewinsky, and that desert fox stunt, it is a devastating mess? both times a bush has been in the front lawn, our economy has fell, and we've gotten a war in the middle east. clinton brought up our economy, and once the people realised that both 2000 candidates had no economical skill, it went all to hell. ok, clinton screwed his intern. that's happened a lot with people who have space people for wives. take a look at hillary and put yourself in clintons pants, would yo really want to hit that?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That's why the jobless rate is this country sucks, know who supported and revised that bill? Well that was Bill, you see where your judgement is skewed is that Bill happened to hop on the rebounding economy that Bush had propagated and left the wreckage for Mr. W Bush, sorry buddy Clinton is the biggest failure in the white house since Nixon's electrical engineers.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hold on here. I am told opposite by both sides. Liberals say Clinton helped the economy, Conservatives say he hurt it. Liberals say both Bushes hurt the economy, Conservatives claim they helped it.

I am completely confused. What's what?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i'm only fifteen and when i was twelve i had no clue about any political organistation bigger than school! but i dunno much about that time anyway so it's easy for me to be flawed, i accept my bad decision, but the whole economy is messed up, blame is useless, that's what we argue over, instead of doing that, we should fix it!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
More power to you PC! Someone needs to fix the mess instead of blaming people for it. Instead of blaming Clinton or Bush for the economic mess, do somthing! It's no use crying over spilled milk.(even if milk is bad for you
)

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The only people who help or hurt the economy in reality are the business owners, we choose to hire and to fire, where we get parts from (US or overseas) and how we go after new business What the government does is either give us tax money or take it away. The Bush's have given money back to the Owners, the liberal's have taken it and given it to Billy Joe Average who will help nobody but himself, now I beg of you, does this make sense? Please tell me how?

I can hire 800 people in the next year

Billy can now buy that 2000 Acura Integra he always wanted

See my point?

And Kudos PC for being 15 and caring about the future, the majority of the Y generation is pretty uniformed. As a gen X'r it sounds funny to see myself type that.

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I see your point, but Billy doesn't. If Billy is promised money, then Billy is going to vote for money. Quit playing with taxes, and find an even ground. One inbetween the two wings.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I want to hire more people and I also want to see Billy get his Integra (great car by the way).

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
those kudos bars are nasty. anyway, i don't want any props for this, it's something that all people, regardless of age, should pay attention to. i wouldn't say i'm antisocial, i mean i've got my group of friends and i know a bit of people, but most of them are too caught up in their own minds. their train of thought is this, i need beer, loud music which i like too! will i get laid, (not that bad) and what's for dinner. too much material instead of your own life. i agree being young is a time for fun, but it's bad to not be aware of the things around you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join