It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon, A Telescope & An Anomaly - A Video Collection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
First of all I have to give credit to these two thread authors: K-PAX-PROT and haven123, who have both brought to my attention these anomaly's.

Their threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Upon viewing these threads, I just could not find a good enough explanation as to the why's and how's of these anomaly's. I've read various reports by respected and reknowned astronomers that have reported anomaly's in and around the vacinity of the moon - some of which still haven't been explained, despite investigations by NASA. Of interest to me in this case were specifically 'luminosities', seen and reported by astronomers both professional and amateur, since the 1600's at least.

So I decided to do a little digging around You Tube, as everybody likes a good video. And needless to say, I came upon quite a few good videos, depicting, what I believe, to be the same phenomena as posted by K-PAX-PROT and haven123, all captured on various hardware and setups.

Interestingly, one video wasn't found in the obvious places and was labelled under a very unassuming title - 'Great Moon Shots Up Close! '. Why the video uploader did this, when it is clear they had seen something of great interest, is unknown to me, but I suspect they uploaded them to be found by someone looking, without having to go through the rigmoral of discreditation. I'm guessing there are more videos like this out there, so if you happen to come across one, please post it here!

Before viewing the videos and replying to the thread, I would ask all posters to keep the discussion in regard to the topic. I hope you will all refrain from baiting the opposing side wether you be a 'believer' or a 'debunker' (I am neither btw). Please no 'swamp gas' 'chinese lantern' or any other silly baiting game please. Moderators, I hope you will remove any such offending posts if you'd be so kind!

I advise that you watch all the videos in the highest quality available and in full screen. I'll start with the videos posted in K-PAX-PROT and haven123 threads.

I don't believe this video to be related to the others, but I can't find an explanation for it, so thought I'd throw it in as desert!

edit on 8-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: Posted same video twice- reposted with the other video (5th from bottom)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

thanks for posting the videos. untill now these phenomena are not explained, so i am curious if this board will find out what the ufos are.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

No problem. I had to sit through hours of complete rubbish (birds, bats, bugs, planes etc) to find these little gems. I still have no idea what they are. It is clear that they are all very similar, and they all have the same characteristics of appearing and disappearing in a vacinty close to the moons 'edge'.

I'd love to find out for certain what they are!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thank you for these video collection. Very interesting and still unexplained anomalies.
S&F.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Thanks for posting these enjoyed watching them. Just a guess here but couldn't some of those objects be satellites or probes going around the moon? Thats what first came to mind while watching the vids.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith

Thanks for posting these enjoyed watching them. Just a guess here but couldn't some of those objects be satellites or probes going around the moon? Thats what first came to mind while watching the vids.

Having watched video's of sattelites crossing between the Earth and Moon on various videos,they look completely different. But your thoughts were my own at first too. As for sattelites or probes going around the Moon, well at these magnifications, I'd have to say with all certainty that they would be too small to observe. I might be wrong?

If these objects (in the vids) are indeed very near to the Moon as postulated - they are massive!

EDIT:

Just noticed I posted the same video twice. Reposted the video I meant to in the OP (6th from bottom).
edit on 8-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well, those artifacts are moisture spots on a telescope lens, because if they are indeed in lunar orbit, I estimate they are all at least 16 miles in diameter. With that in mind also consider what speed they would be going, a rough estimate puts them moving 10s to 20s of miles per second. 20 miles per second is 72,000 mph. Lunar escape velocity is around the 6,000 mph arena. The ones I amateurishly examined are the size of a large city, and spherical. I'm not sure, but it doesn't pass the common sense test that spacecrafts over 16 miles in diameter would go undetected in the astronomy community, looking at the sky around the world 24 hours every day.

Judge the approximate scale yourself.

Review the scale mechanism in the post, below I offer the full resolution detail you can measure yourself, from the full size frame captures where 2,152 pixels equals 2,160 miles, as best that can be determined due to blur. I wasn't very much concern with absolute accurate measurement (impossible with the blur) I just wanted to get a gut feel of what scale those spots would be if near the moon as they appear.

Lunar escape velocity.

With all common sense, I'm inclined to conclude the type of folks posting videos on Youtube with spacecraft conclusions instead of in the astronomy community have either less understanding of image anomalies or aren't looking for a true peer review.

new topics

top topics

join