It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta: Iran has not yet decided to build nuclear bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Pentagon announced that Iran is NOT building a nuclear bomb, but is laying the groundwork for making them someday, and calls for diplomacy and economic pressure (sanctions, an act war,) to persuade them to halt their enrichment.

With the reduction of the pentagon's budget, and the Iranian efforts to show force in Hormuz, this approach is becoming fast reality.

Source

WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said Iran is laying the groundwork for making nuclear weapons someday but is not yet building a bomb, and he called for continued diplomatic and economic pressure to persuade Tehran not to take that step.

As he has previously, Mr. Panetta cautioned against a unilateral strike by Israel against Iran’s nuclear facilities, saying the action could trigger Iranian retaliation against U.S. forces in the region.

Seems like they are trying to distance themselves from Israel and perhaps reach out to Iran in an effort to reduce a possible conflict in the region, or unilateral strikes by Israel.

“We have common cause here” with Israel, he said, “and the better approach is for us to work together.”

edit on 8-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 8-1-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
the pentagon just announced it is abandoning it's 2 war doctrine. the ability to be always ready to fight 2 wars on 2 fronts.

why is america publicly declaring it no longer has the ability to fight 2 wars, when it's threatening iran and it's allies, such as russia and china and when n.korea is itching to unify the peninsula under an oppressive communist iron curtain and it is currently engaged in action in afghanistan with over 90,000 troops.

is this deliberate black propaganda in prelude to war and america is in fact strengthening its ability to wage multiple front wars in case of world war, or is america flat broke and can no longer protect itself, it's interests and allies.

either scenario is the worst case.

edit on 8-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
The Pentagon announced that Iran is NOT building a nuclear bomb, but is laying the groundwork for making them someday, and calls for diplomacy and economic pressure (sanctions, an act war,) to persuade them to halt their enrichment.

"economic pressure (sanctions, an act war,) "

An insidious qoute from you.

So, next time if you refuse to buy from a shopkeeper whom had offended you or gave you bad service, he is free to shoot you dead, as you had defined boycotts as act of war?

Cut all the warmongering. This aint helping peace...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Or maybe its an election thing? Then Paul wont stand out as much as far as not going to war. Then after the election, wham.

U

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Sanctioning Iran's bank and further inhibiting them from exporting oil to Europe is indeed economic war..as Paul stated. Listen. The ramifications of this apply to other countries as well that do business with Iran, do we really need a trade war with Russia or China?

2011 Iran Fact Sheet
edit on 8-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
LOL not the SHEEPLE who believe Paul.

edit on 8-1-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow.

There are going to be a lot of keyboard commando`s on ATS who are going to be upset.

In their minds, via Fox, Iran is putting the finishing paint jobs on bombs already dialed into targets.

This is good news , regardless of the back reasons for the announcement.

Maybe another Iraq can be avoided.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well isn't that a complete 360 from what they said just a month ago.

Panetta said "Iran will have a bomb within the year", but now they haven't even decided to build one? Ahh...Politics...

Now, the real question is, what is America meaning to imply to Israel by denying what the Israeli's insist Iran is doing?

This is shaping up exactly as I predicted it would a few years ago. Israel will attack, and they will attack without Americas approval, forcing Israel to defend itself without American support. And who knows, maybe international condemnation for preemptively attacking another nation state without international support.

If you haven't read the Bible, you have to be completely mentally broken to not at least be amused by how much geopolitical events are resembling predictions in the Hebrew bible, particularly in Ezekiel 38-39.

"You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holy through you before their eyes"

What REALLY piques my curiosity, is the predictions made in Jewish Midrashim and the Zohar which identifies Persia (Iran) as the agent which will strike Israel at the end of days.

When you put everything together, it's either the elites of the nations are engineering the prospective events, or, divine providence.

Being a student of history, politics, sociology, and esotericism, I tend to think it's the latter.

new topics

top topics

join