It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungee cord snaps above crocodile-infested waters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Why do people do this? See link below for video...

A woman has plunged into crocodile-infested waters after her bungee rope snapped.

Erin Laung Worth had jumped from the Victoria Falls bridge above the Zambezi River, when the cord snapped in two.

She told Australia's Channel 9 News "it went black straight away and I felt liked I had been slapped all over".

She said she had to swim with her feet tied together to the Zimbabwe side of the water, and had to free the cord when it got caught on rocks.

Click link to view video

Bungee rope breaks, woman falls in croc infested water

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow this woman is hardcore, give her a tv show I mean c'mon now she plunged to her death into a croc filled waters and swam whilst bound.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some people are just plain nuts.

You couldn't pay me enough to do that.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You would think they would have someone down below ready to assist.

I bet they are closed down for a while whist they make a new bungee out of Chinese rubber bands.
edit on 8-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's a shame she wasn't eaten by a croc... I have NO sympathy at all for "adrenaline junkies".

Humans are not designed to jump off bridges, or jump out of planes, or climb skyscrapers. It's absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wowzers, you wouldn't catch me doing that.

I hope she learned her lesson.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It's a shame she wasn't eaten by a croc... I have NO sympathy at all for "adrenaline junkies".

Humans are not designed to jump off bridges, or jump out of planes, or climb skyscrapers. It's absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible.

Yeah....Humans are designed to sit behind keyboards and say things like that instead. You are probably the most boring person on earth irl lol.

I'm glad the lady lived btw and good for her.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I did a tandem sky jump, and I was scared as heck, I hyperventilated the whole time going down. But, once we landed, I was like, I want to do that again.

If I did it on my own, I surely be dead, I would be hyperventilating trying to find my cord.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
She's lucky there was water underneath and she wasn't jumping off a building or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I've been there but didn't try the bungee jump.
It cost 100 US dollars 10 years ago for one jump. I wonder if she got her money back too. They also had high speed power boat rides (you weren't allowed to drive), a helicopter flight for 10-15 minutes over the falls and something else I may have forgotten. They all cost 100 bucks though so I did none. Walking through the nature park at the falls was nicer for 20 dollars, and it lasted longer.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Erin Lang Worth....certainly is adventurous....and (obviously) likes to live life on the edge....but really I think some activities are very foolish...and to me bungee jumping is one of them. To me the activity of bungee jumping...is enacting...a suicide attempt....without dying. Why do people do this?

There are some people who climb mountains...without rope....without climbing partners....without any safety precautions....and they could fall to their death at any time....I just don't understand the motivation and why they take such a risk.

I like safety and common sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I've been there but didn't try the bungee jump. It cost 100 US dollars 10 years ago for one jump. I wonder if she got her money back too. They also had high speed power boat rides (you weren't allowed to drive), a helicopter flight for 10-15 minutes over the falls and something else I may have forgotten. They all cost 100 bucks though so I did none. Walking through the nature park at the falls was nicer for 20 dollars, and it lasted longer.

I love long walks in the forest...

I wonder if the boat ride goes over the falls like the helo ride?

edit on 8-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Strict

Boring? Because I don't jump off bridges? Someone who needs to do that to feel "alive" is over-compensating for a serious lack in some other part of their life.

Imagine she was your daughter and she died. What for? Nothing. Because she wanted to jump off a bridge? It's utterly moronic.

You can get all the excitement you need from this world with both feet firmly on the ground.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I wonder if the boat ride goes over the falls like the helo ride?

edit on 8-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

Er..no, that would be little short of suicide. It's a good few hundred feet to the bottom. At the very least you would scratch the paintwork I think.

ETA The bridge she jumped from is 128m or roughly 400 feet. Victoria falls themselves (which is not where that bridge is) directly next to are 355 feet tall apparently.
edit on 8/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 8/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Strict

Boring? Because I don't jump off bridges? Someone who needs to do that to feel "alive" is over-compensating for a serious lack in some other part of their life.

Imagine she was your daughter and she died. What for? Nothing. Because she wanted to jump off a bridge? It's utterly moronic.

You can get all the excitement you need from this world with both feet firmly on the ground.

So you wish that she gets eaten by a crocodile because she may be lacking in some other part of her life?
All people are lacking something.

If it was my daughter btw, of course I would be sad. Who wouldn't be? But people like you scoffing behind their keyboards explaining to everyone else what is or is not "utterly moronic" on an online conspiracy website probably doesn't help huh.

On a side note people die everyday for absolutely no good reason at all. If someone dies doing something they love then who are you to say it was for nothing?

Just a Thought

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Strict

Imagine she was your daughter and she died.

yeah that's it, try and evoke an emotional response with that daughter shtick since you have no logical argument

you are a disgrace to your name sir... sexy mulder deserves better than the likes of you

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadpoolPete

I have "no logical argument"?

I'm suggesting people shouldn't risk their lives by jumping off extremely high bridges.

What part of that is 'illogical' to you?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I have no desire to bungee jump, but that girl had some *alls to get herself out of that situation. like another poster said, swimming with your feet tied and in a current, just wow.

anyhow manhater, I jumped once too. 4 hours of training then jumped out of a perfectly good airplane on a static line. I still say it was the best feeling I've ever had in my life. To float like that with no sounds, and the view, it was just awesome ! at least when you parachute you have a back up...

new topics

top topics

join