It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Naval Flotilla Docks in Syria: State Media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
PS if China's tech is all so crap, why do you all love the iPhone and IPad so much, guess where they are made?

Source

There seems to be a good deal of confusion with regards to the definition of "High-Tech". More often than not people view the latest retail consumer gadgets as such and not understand what real State-Of-The-Art-High-technology is. Although admittedly what most civilians have access to these days such as Thumb-Drives-Flash-drives, Cell phones, IPads-Think-Pads etc etc etc, these devices most often contain more computing power and memory per square inch than existed in the entire planet before the 1970s. Not to mention what we used to get to the moon.

So depending on ones perspective, yes they can be viewed in that manner, However the rule of thumb is that what we as civilians know of and or use that is available to the general public is about 30 to 40 years behind what the various secret Black Budget projects are working on and have already developed.

Keep that in mind!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Talk about calling the kettle black, I think you should eat some crow. I don't understand how you can say someone has a bias opinion and follow it with what you posted? If you understand the war machine of the 20th century you will understand why no war is ever won.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

If the mission in Iraq was to capture Saddam by any means necessary, then yes it was a success. However, that was not the case and can't be called a success. I don't recall what the original mission statement was for the Iraq war, but from what I recall it was just about removing weapons of mass destruction. From what I am told they were presented to the States in the back of a pick-up truck, they didn't even want a refund. Even if they were stolen by some other facet a finders fee would have been nice for returning something with "Made in U.S.A.". Sorry for my attempt at humor, just trying to make light of a horrific bit of history.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by KronoOh come of it. The Russian sailors will be drunk all the time
besides, our navy has alot more experience and no doubt better technology.

Silly topics won't save the day. The Russians weren' t drinking vodka when they stopped Hitler' s blitzkrieg cold. They will not be drunk on vodka either when they fire their antiship missiles at you. Their antiship tech is to this day unparalleled and unbeatable.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

I think China's Stealth cruise missiles are a bigger threat than Russia anti-ship missiles.

Noshir Gowadai, the man from India who had a work visa to work at Northrup Grumman and built the B-2 bomber...he gave the blueprints of the B-2 to China AND he designed China Stealth Cruise Missiles. China is now superior to Russia in anti-ship capability. And they got their Tech for free from the man from India who was working at Northrup Grumman.

Russia has no stealth bomber. No stealth cruise missiles. China does.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Whilst I respect most of your comments on here Slayer, quoting your own opinion as proof of something carries no weight at all. I am fully aware that the tech we have in our hands is far removed for what is available to the military complex, however my comment about the iPhone was in relation to people saying everything made in China is crap and doesn't work, while clearly it does work. They may not be the best innovators but they are sure able to copy well.

And the fact the US military has advanced secret weapons does not preclude any other country from having advanced secret weapons does it?

People on here think a war between the US and NATO forces Vs Russia and and China would be a quick automatic victory, the truth is though it will be long, protracted and very messy, and the losers will be everyone, Americans included, it will mean millions and millions of dead civilians, Americans too

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

Whilst I respect most of your comments on here Slayer, quoting your own opinion as proof of something carries no weight at all.

Proof?

You posted your opinion and I replied with one of my own.

I am fully aware that the tech we have in our hands is far removed for what is available to the military complex, however my comment about the iPhone was in relation to people saying everything made in China is crap and doesn't work, while clearly it does work.

Designed and engineered by whom?

They may not be the best innovators but they are sure able to copy well.

This is true.
It also doesnt help when the West has leaders such as William Jefferson Clinton turning a blind eye when China is caught red handed stealing advanced missile technology from the US. Then a few short years later their previously stagnant manned space program takes a giant leap. Also manufacturing retail products isnt a sign of military strength and can leave just as fast as it/they arrived...

China as No. 2: Why Its Days as a Manufacturing Outsourcer Are Numbered

This shift has been in process for 30 years. China exports more than Germany, much of that in the form of good produced in factories on behalf of Western countries. Much of the population is still poor, but labor and material prices are on the rise in China. It makes sense, as domestic growth must compete for the same physical and people resources.

However, they’re also on the rise throughout other parts of Asia, including Indonesia, Vietnam, and Bangladesh. What we now see is the beginning of a shift of economic conditions. For a short period of time, companies could become manufacturing nomads, moving from one country to another in search of low costs. Eventually, however, you run out of new territories.

And the fact the US military has advanced secret weapons does not preclude any other country from having advanced secret weapons does it?

Quote where I've said no other country has secret advanced weapons technologies?

People on here think a war between the US and NATO forces Vs Russia and and China would be a quick automatic victory,

Many people here think that Russia/China vs the US/West would be a cake walk for Russia and China. It goes both ways. In a Nuclear exchange it would all be over in a matter of minutes. [Nobody would win]

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought

* Georgetown University student spent three years translating secret military documents and blogs

* Focus of research centred on 3,000 miles of underground tunnels dug by Second Artillery Corps

* Investigation launched after 2008 earthquake in Sichuan revealed existence of collapsed tunnels

* Study claims China could have as many as 3,000 nuclear warheads - far more then current estimates of between 80 and 400

China's nuclear arsenal may be many times larger than estimates suggest, a group of students have claimed after three years of painstaking researching through restricted documents.

Led by a former top Pentagon official, the students at Georgetown University, in Washington DC, have scrutinised satellite imagery, translated Chinese military documents and filtered through thousands of online files.

The focus of their extensive research has been the thousands of miles of underground tunnels dug by the Second Artillery Corps to hide China's missile arsenal.

the truth is though it will be long, protracted and very messy, and the losers will be everyone, Americans included, it will mean millions and millions of dead civilians, Americans too

Many of us here have already figured that one out. The point I was making is not to confuse retail trinkits with advanced high technology.

If China had access to all the "High-Tech" it needed from building consumer electronics then all it really needs to do is go shopping at some of the best Japanese retail electronics stores in Tokyo. But that isnt the case. They are after real High-Tech...

The United States to Allow More Hi-Tech Exports to China

Jul. 31 - The United States will soon allow more high-tech exports to China as part of the issues agreed upon during the recently concluded China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue this week.

“The U.S. pledged to facilitate exports of high-technology products from the U.S. to China,” Vice-Premier Wang Qishan told China Daily adding that the dialogue was a “full success.”

Apples and Oranges.

edit on 10-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Proof? You posted your opinion and I replied with one of my own.

Fair and valid point, it is of course just my opinion and you are entitled to reply with yours, I guess all the rhetoric going on about the US technology on here has started to grind me down, and I only gave your original post a cursory glance before replying, my apologies

Designed and engineered by whom?

Irrelevant if they have the tech, besides neither the Russians or the Chinese are stupid, Russia is efficient and just builds the simplest solution to a problem, start of WW2 German tanks (namely the Panzer Mk 3 and later Mk 4) dominated, within a year the Russian had found the practical solution to countering it, the T34, cheap to build and highly efficient and changed the war. The Chinese are a long established civilisation, the invented gunpowder, I have spoken to many Chinese people and they all seemed quite intelligent to me , to presume they can't produce their own kit or develop tech is a wrong assumption.

Quote where I've said no other country has secret advanced weapons technologies?

You haven't, that comment was not directed towards you but others on here who have no grasp of reality, as I said in my initial response I do respect most of what yo have to say on here. Sadly there are many here who both advocate war and and don't understand that you don't win wars against super powers without great cost to yourselves, no matter how powerful you are or how advanced your tech is. If it was possible the US would of taken Russia or China out already, but they do know the cost.

I wont post on your other replies because basically we are in agreement on most things, I just get wound up by all the armchair warriors on here who advocate war and brag how Iran will be a sheet of glass, sorry if that spilled over into my reply to you
edit on 10-1-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

China's days as a manufacturer are numbered.

This is very true. Although I don't agree with the, " eventually we will run out of territories." Though.

It's like a fine balance. One day it will be cheap labour in the west that brings back a booming manufacturing era.

But until then, it will get worse before it gets better. We will have to fall and become the new third world, ok maybe not that bad, but until we in the west work for a pittance like those in the east, It's just not worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join