It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Naval Flotilla Docks in Syria: State Media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
The US Army?? For real? You mean the army that is losing every War (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan)? This US Army?

The only reason we've lost those wars is because we were tip-toeing through tulips trying our best to avoid killing civilians. If the civilians weren't there, we would have won all those wars easily.
edit on 9-1-2012 by USN1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
I wander if that russian ship and HMS daring will cross paths.if it is a russian ship though it will mostly like dwarth hms daring

actually it doesnt but it would be an intresting battle.
edit on 8-1-2012 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

Not long ago all Royal Navy was on highest alert since cold war,just because russian Navy ship was ancored too near to UK.They were actually hiding from storm. I am sure UK still fears Russia,they just dont want to admit it. UK Royal Navy stands no chance against Russian Navy,we all know that....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

The US Army?? For real? You mean the army that is losing every War (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan)? This US Army?

The only reason we've lost those wars is because we were tip-toeing through tulips trying our best to avoid killing civilians. If the civilians weren't there, we would have won all those wars easily.
edit on 9-1-2012 by USN1983 because: (no reason given)

The US Army killed more civilians then their actual "targets"

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm strongly in favour of peace and against war...

But sometimes I almost desire that a "World War III" really starts, to show to some arrogant and ignorant Americans that the fact that they country spends more than half a trillion dollars per year with their military, doesn't means that they can win any war they want.

If Russia and China unites against the US military, the US can be defeated very hardly in many war theaters.

Of course there is the risk that everything slips into a nuclear war, and so there will be no "winners", only the total anihilation of human life on Earth's surface. That's why I'm against any kind of war, and I prefer that "World War III" never breaks out...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983
The only reason we've lost those wars is because we were tip-toeing through tulips trying our best to avoid killing civilians.

Let me call your B.S. If the U.S. were tip-toeing they would have not murderer over 1 million civilian deaths in Iraq since 2003.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
God the Americans on here are so F'n stupid at times (And I don't mean the normal average American, just the idiots that post on here about the American MIGHT)

Firstly America hasn't won a war by its self, unless you count Nicaragua, woo hoo, You have fought China before, and LOST, remember Korea? America pushed into North Korea and China got pissed and pushed you all the way back to South Korea, no ifs, no buts they just DID, General MacArthur even wanted to nuke China because he couldn't figure a way to beat them

You lost In Vietnam, make all the pathetic excuse you want but you lost, despite napalming civilians, using agent orange and every other dirty trick they could, defeat is defeat

Your Mission to Iraq is a failure, your mission to Afghanistan is a TOTAL failure, the brief was to remove the Taliban, and now here you are NEGOTIATING with the Taliban for their take over of Afghanistan when you you leave with your tails between your legs, you can blame Pakistan, you can blame it being an insurgent war but the fact is tribesmen with AK's and RPG 7's beat you, the country is too vast, now go check the size of Afghanistan to the size of China, now go check it against the size of Russia

You can go on and on about how you have better tech than the Russians and the Chinese, wont make a god damn bit of difference, Hitler had the best tech in the world, the Russians were just peasants (According to Americans) but who won that? The Russians are a stoic people, they just don't quit, they have a huge amount of land and resources, they have highly intelligent people.

Now this is not a rant at American people, just the idiots on here that go on and on about how they would wipe the floor with other super powers, when you cant even wipe the floor with backward countries, you think you know all about your countries tech, if you know don't you think they KNOW, don't you think they have planned ways to combat it

Get a grip, war with Russian and/or China is unwinable, by any side, it will be either a stalemate with millions if not billions dead or MAD, for gods sake you can't even stop a load of Mexicans coming over your border when ever they want and you think you can stop Russia or China WAKE UP, patriotism is one thing, but this is pure stupidity

PS if China's tech is all so crap, why do you all love the iPhone and IPad so much, guess where they are made?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Just wanted to point out that the US defense budget is very high because of the continuous state of war she is in. US has been in a state of war against foreign nations for the past.. I can't even remember how long, just read US history.

That being said, over spending does not equate to technological advancement, note - US is currently facing a brain drain.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It makes me laugh when people say Russia is weak. Very funny indeed since they have enough nukes to destroy to planet, that doesnt sound weak to me,

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The only clout Russia has is its nukes. While it conventional military is "formidable", it would get absolutely wiped out, absloutely wiped out, i said ABSOLUTELY WIPED OUT by the US military. No IF'S AND'S or BUT'S ABOUT IT.

Th US Army?? For real? You mean the army that is losing every War (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan)? This US Army?

"Mission Accomplished" somebody said.. I say don't even think about Russia. They have trained Military, not payed Kids.

It's tragically enough that those Kids die in the Name of this Company called "US Army"

The American invasion of Iraq was a success as they took out Saddam. The afghan war is also a success as the Taliban have been removed from power and has been significantly weakened as has the al Qaeda. Now the Vietnam war, I agree was lost, but I think it's cause us Brits didn't get involved

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

It makes me laugh when people say Russia is weak. Very funny indeed since they have enough nukes to destroy to planet, that doesnt sound weak to me,

Nukes are just deterrents, they will not be used unless a nation is losing a war. Besides, even the UK has enough nukes to destroy the world, doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Since you want to be a smartass the comment I made in that thread revolved around me pointing out that you changed the title fo the thread after I called you out on it. I asked a mod to verify that was indeed the fact, and it was.

You're lying.

Prove me wrong.

We both know you can't, since you're lying.

It was a BAN story and the title had NOTHING to do with the flow of our discussion. Since it was BAN, I only copy and pasted the title and never changed it once. Now you're lying about fake convos with mods now too? This is a new low Xcat, even for you...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You made an assanine comment and removed it out of embarrassment before we called you out on yet another of your lies. I left a link for everyone to see.

Judging by your previous actions you will probably alert the mods to have this removed instead of taking it like a man admitting your mistake.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
I wander if that russian ship and HMS daring will cross paths.if it is a russian ship though it will mostly like dwarth hms daring

actually it doesnt but it would be an intresting battle.
edit on 8-1-2012 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

Not long ago all Royal Navy was on highest alert since cold war,just because russian Navy ship was ancored too near to UK.They were actually hiding from storm. I am sure UK still fears Russia,they just dont want to admit it. UK Royal Navy stands no chance against Russian Navy,we all know that....

Oh come of it. The Russian sailors will be drunk all the time
besides, our navy has alot more experience and no doubt better technology.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KronoThe American invasion of Iraq was a success as they took out Saddam.

Now the strong man in Iraq is Muqtada al-Sadr, that is to say: IRAN.

The afghan war is also a success as the Taliban have been removed from power and has been significantly weakened

The Taliban have been removed from Kabul only, the whole country remains in Taliban hands.

Americans live in a la-la land fabricated by their controlled media, that's all. Reality is already hitting hard, but your still fail to realize where it all comes from.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KronoOh come of it. The Russian sailors will be drunk all the time

Silly topics won't save the day. The Russians weren' t drinking vodka when they stopped Hitler' s blitzkrieg cold. They will not be drunk on vodka either when they fire their antiship missiles at you. Their antiship tech is to this day unparalleled and unbeatable.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by KronoThe American invasion of Iraq was a success as they took out Saddam.

Now the strong man in Iraq is Muqtada al-Sadr, that is to say: IRAN.

The afghan war is also a success as the Taliban have been removed from power and has been significantly weakened

The Taliban have been removed from Kabul only, the whole country remains in Taliban hands.

Americans live in a la-la land fabricated by their controlled media, that's all. Reality is already hitting hard, but your still fail to realize where it all comes from.

Ok let me rephrase the objective.

Iraq was a success as oil is currently pouring out of the country to US, UK bla bla.

Afghan was the same. Now we turn to Iran.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by KronoOh come of it. The Russian sailors will be drunk all the time

Silly topics won't save the day. The Russians weren' t drinking vodka when they stopped Hitler' s blitzkrieg cold. They will not be drunk on vodka either when they fire their antiship missiles at you. Their antiship tech is to this day unparalleled and unbeatable.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

Britains nice new shiny T-45 destroyers have fantastic technology which would give the Russian navy problems. Our submarines would also cause Russian navy problems. But if war broke out now, we would be in trouble as our government is too scared to spend money.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

If Russia and China unites against the US military, the US can be defeated very hardly in many war theaters.

And there lies the problem. Russia and China arent those friendly neighbors you might believe they are. Russia's vast oil reserves are a tasty regional snack,sitting precariously next door to China.

We are talking about Russia's Navy though.

In 2009, Admiral Popov (Ret.), former commander of the Russian Northern Fleet, said that the Russian Navy will greatly decline in combat capabilities by 2015 if the current rate of new ship construction remains unchanged, due to the retirement of ocean going ships.

I would say a former Commander of the North fleet is capable of talking about Russia's Navy,better then any IMPERIALISTIC American doing it...............right?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Grow up and strop trying to derail the thread with your BS would you please.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Talk about revisionist history and here is a lot of of Russia defeeating the nazis?

Please throwing their civilians in front of bullets and see whose left standing.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
oops wrong thread..
edit on 9-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join