It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Naval Flotilla Docks in Syria: State Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Was that in reference to me?? Because I'm from the UK.

Ahh, youre right... HMS daring is a British vessel. However you might as well group the US and the UK together into one, along with the US/UK other close allies that personify "The West", as it has always been "The West" vs Russia since the end of WWII.

Substitute "The West" for the US in my previous post and it makes even more sense.

Originally posted by DAZ21How do you come to these conclusions when their defence budget is nowhere near the US defence budget??

It's just not possible.

Quantity does not determine quality. Russian scientists are at minimum equal to the scientists in the West.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Assuming you know the total extent of Russias capabilities is foolish, and immediately assuming they are less than the USs because of a speculative youtube video is naive at best.
edit on 1/8/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Really....the Russians did better on their front during WWII than the western front, and they were the first to surround Berlin...There is a lot of theory that they were the reason Hitler offed himself because he knew what would happen to him in their hands.

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Both of our countries have aircraft so fast that they bend light waves. We've had that since the 60s Who even knows what we have now. The gits have a flotilla of torpedo boats and think they stand a chance.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I see what you mean. They could have the greatest scientists in the world, but if they don't have the funding equivalent of the US. Then their work can only be done in theory or in small scale compared to the US.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Besides, carriers are old school tactics, they are more for show than anything else....there is a reason the Chinese haven't built many. This will not be a naval war if it occurs, it will be a land war of domination, and yes, quantity doesn't necessarily out due tech....Yet, if you only have 100 high tech bullets, but there are 110 attacking.....You loose.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

well it is either an alien ship or a top secret american project i know which one i would put my money on,they is evidance from weather satalites something came out of area 51 that travelled on accross europe into russia and china in excess of 8000 miles MPH.and also russia is no where near as powerful as it was during the soviet union.times change and so do ways of dealing with things.dont get me wrong russia probably have some hidden nasties too.that guy nicolas tesla was reasearching some pretty intresting stuff
edit on 8-1-2012 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Exactly, China use a lot of espionage techniques to enhance their military technology.

Its ironic you call out another nation for spying when the West is at least if not more so adept at spying and stealing information.

Honestly I dont think any of these nations are the "good" guy. Im looking at this objectively, assuming all, via their actions, are up to no good, some more than others.

The only reason one great evil has not risen and solidified the planet under its control is because lots of lesser evils keep each other in perpetual balance. If one of those evils could topple the others and become the dominant force on the planet and crush all opposition, it would. The fact that that has not happened, means that there is still some semblance of balance between nations and their technological prowess and ability to use it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Basing a countries capabilities of war based on military spending shows your ignorance on the subject. A good portion of the States military spending goes right to the ceo's of Blackwater or Academi, Haliburton and the majority to Lockheed.
These companies charge as much as they can without raising too many flags. It's no different then my government trying to justify paying $180 for a hammer and $320 for a toilet seat. The politicians then pass the buck to the citizens, they don't take accountability.
I remember reading an article back in 2008 of a early 20's Russian who developed a radar system to detect the f-22's signature. It stated that the costs of development was around $250,000 USD. So for a quater million they rendered the States most expensive multi-roll fighter less useful then anticipated.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Or maybe It's WMD's which is the reason for stalemate. Why blow up a country when they will return the favour with no victors?

These high tech weapons don't really matter because if any country was foolish enough to use them on the wrong guy, they will risk complete destruction. No one is this stupid.

Which is why I believe this whole fiasco will blow over.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Perhaps it did come out of Area 51, and perhaps the US has it at its military disposal. That does NOT preclude that Russia does not have similar, or even better. Admittedly this technology is supposed to be secret, thus its logically impossible to claim Russia does not possess such based on the fact that you dont readily know about it.

Russia has always been only slightly behind the US in terms of technology, AND theyve done so with a lot LESS money, meaning they are a lot more efficient at capitalizing on the money used.

Once again, to underestimate Russia is not an intelligent nor prudent move.
edit on 1/8/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

That and no one really wants to show off the fact that they still depend on the mig.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IronNuts

I'm not ignorant. This happens in all countries, the British military spent about 100 pounds on a light bulb. And bought a few thousand. So I know it happens, and of course it's us that pay the price.

But it happens everywhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IronNuts

you could probably spot any stealth's heat signature with thermal imaging if you build one powerful enough.wasnt the ff2 recalled anyway as it was faulty and pumping carbon monoxide into the cockpit lol

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I agree with that. MAD is still in full effect. However each nation will try to neutralize the others ability to use those nuclear weapons. Look at the US trying to set up missile shields around Russia and claiming they just for "rogue nations"

The tech race will continue towards the goal of neutralizing a nations enemies so they can be conquered, whether overtly or covertly.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Part of the reason why Russia didn't do well against Afghanistan is because the States were supplying the Afghanis. For all I know Russia is returning the favour. You might enjoy the movie Charlie Wilsons War.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

The British government well rip us off,i find it hard to believe they spend up to 70.000 on one single anti tank missile.obviously a country has to cover the big chunk of funding as well as the project if it is to remain top secret.i also think our government lie about the amount of NHS Funding is spent each year too.they are the ones that have the bank details to the countries wealth and can do as they please with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The f22 is still in use, but they stopped making them to start making the f-35 and an unnamed space fighter

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I am sorry if I caused you discomfort calling you ignorant. The word has just been misinterpreted from mainstream use, just like retard. I and everyone is ignorant. It is simply to not be fully schooled or educated in an aspect. I for one know I do not know any subject in it's entirety, to think so would be ignorant. It's just as most people when you say retard instantly associate it to someone who is mentally handicapped. It simply means slow, which is why we have engine retards, aka Jake brake or engine brake and fire retardant.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yes the breathing apparatus in the raptor was faulty. However the problem has apparently been resolved and they are in service as of a couple months back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join