It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human remains (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How much more �is out there?� Ancient civilizations? The field seems wide open yet again with the finds and speculations.

How old are modern humans in the Americas? The dates seem to flow back and forth. From Clovis to Folsom to now what? Mexico has certainly been a treasure trove for archaeologists.

www.latimes.com
MEXICO CITY � Divers investigating underwater caves near the Caribbean coast of Mexico have discovered what appears to be one of the oldest human skeletons in the Americas, archeologists said this week.

A team from Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History discovered at least three skeletons in caves off the Yucatan Peninsula in 2001 and 2002.

Team leader Arturo Gonzalez said the bones must date from before the time when waters gradually seeped through the caves, 8,000 to 9,000 years ago, as Ice Age glaciers melted and the sea level rose by about 400 feet.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The story goes on to state research papers showing humans were established near Puebla, Mexico as early as 21,000 to 28,000 years in the past are to be presented.

The quest for human origins and migration continues. Man searching man seems to be a continuing pursuit.

Related News Links:
www.signonsandiego.com

[edit on 11/9/2004 by PublicGadfly]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I believe it will be a neverending pursuit of knowledge. Man's constant drive of curiosity about our origins will rage on until the end of time. I myself am one of the curious usuals. I think new finds such as this are exciting as hell.

join