It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vows to hit back after credit cards hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I didn't see that this had been addressed yet, so, if it has, please disregard.

I placed this into the WWIII Forum because I believe that this may be one of the catalysts leading up to WWIII.

Israel vows to hit back after credit cards hacked

www.msnbc.msn.com...

JERUSALEM — Israel said Saturday the online publication of thousands of its citizens' credit card details by a hacker claiming to be Saudi was comparable to terrorism, and vowed to hit back.

The data theft, which appeared to focus on commercial websites, was one of the worst Israel has said it has faced. While the financial damage was reportedly minimal, the breaches have heightened concerns about the potential use of stolen information by the Jewish state's foes.

Such cyber-attacks are "a breach of sovereignty comparable to a terrorist operation, and must be treated as such," Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said during a speech at a community center.

"Israel has active capabilities for striking at those who are trying to harm it, and no agency or hacker will be immune from retaliatory action," he said, without elaborating.

The hacker, identifying himself as Saudi-based OxOmar, said Thursday he had leaked private information about more than 400,000 Israelis. Credit card company officials said around 25,000 numbers, some of them expired, had been posted as of Friday.

After Israeli media ran what they said were interviews conducted with OxOmar over email, the Haaretz newspaper said a blogger had tracked the hacker down and determined he was a 19-year-old citizen of the United Arab Emirates studying and working in Mexico.

An aide to Ayalon, Lital Shochat, said Israel was aware of the report but had not yet requested help from Mexican authorities.

Now, let's look at what Einstein thought:

Einstein once said, ““I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

mspoliticalcommentary.blogspot.com...

With the advent of the Internet, we're now seeing how warfare has morphed from the battlefield to cyberspace. If you consider everything that's happening right now, you have Anonymous, YouTube, ATS, SOPA, Facebook, and a whole host of other Internet facets coming together with both positive and negative consequences. I am forced to believe that WWIII is being born as we speak.

Back to the article at hand, you have a Saudi man in Mexico who has hacked Israeli sites to conduct data theft.
Now, Israel is claiming it is a terrorist attack and has vowed to strike back.
We no longer need physical weapons to start a war. All you need to do is sit at a computer from anywhere in the world and, suddenly, you have Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Mexico at odds with one another.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So what they gonna do? Bomb Saudi Arabia?

Or send in special ops and kidnap the guy?

Or hack Saudi Arabia and steal million of Saudis credit cards?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So what they gonna do? Bomb Saudi Arabia?

Or send in special ops and kidnap the guy?

Or hack Saudi Arabia and steal million of Saudis credit cards?

This guy has just pissed off Mossad big time - I would be running away to a shack in the hills if I were him!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

This was debunked already. It was a mexican kid trying to make some extra dollars.
Move on..

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Whatever they're planning, they obviously want it to be a surprise.

"Israel has active capabilities for striking at those who are trying to harm it, and no agency or hacker will be immune from retaliatory action," he said, without elaborating.

I, myself, can't wait to see what they have in store.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Can you provide a link?
The article already mentions that the hacker was a Saudi man who struck while in Mexico. What's left to debunk? That Israel isn't as upset as they are claiming?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a breach of sovereignty comparable to a terrorist operation

After their spys / hit teams have been seen using faked passports with stolen ID's from other countries i dont see how they can get on their high horses about "breach of sovereignty".

edit on 8-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thinking about this some more, it dawned on me that this might be related to another thread I did regarding a computer virus.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, what do you think? Related?

top topics

join