It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Clisen33

Exactly.
Nasa already confirmed earth like planets, we have so much evidence out there from politicians and army people. And still people cant see the truth...

There is overwhelming evidence that some ufos defy explanation and
need further investigation. There is no evidence that these are ET. They
could be, but they could be many other things, but we just dont know.

As for this video. There is no point of reference, so that means this could
have been on a hill, a person in the distance dangling so lights etc. This is
not evidence at all

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is an interresting video, not an obvious fake, made me think of what it can be.

BUT

Like many others pointed out there is no point of reference which is a MAJOR flaw.

Without reference / perspective it can be ANYTHING remember the buzz about the " Turkish UFO you can clearly see passenger " that turn out to be a boat filmed at night on the ocean.

So great vids but can't buy it...

Still searching for THE proof...

Meanwhile...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by jahn369

some skydivers will go out at night and attach lights to themselves.

fireworks, flares, all more reasonable explanations than aliens.

He didn't claim aliens. They could simply be government aircraft being tested to see how people react and how many react to them or for other reasons. I don't know if you're a non-believer in the technology but it does exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
"In science, the burden of proof falls upon the claiment; and the more extraordinary the claim, the heavier is the burden of proof demanded." - Marcello Truzzi.

This statement was also more popularized by Carl Sagan when he reiterated it by saying: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

So, when you post a video of some random lights that sort of look like the trailing embers of a fireworks shell and then quite smugly proclaim "debunk this" as if this were the be all end all of alien visitation evidence - you aren't going to get very far. Videos of miscellaneous lights are not even close to evidence of "aliens". You will only get the true believers agreeing with you and other, more logical people who want actual proof. Sometimes we are quite immaturely referred to as "debunkers".

Anyway, the burden of proof falls upon the person making the claim. This unremarkable video is not that proof.

With all that being said.....any ideas what it was?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Well, i dont know what it is, but when someone posts a video saying "debunk this" Its a stupid
thing to say, esp when there is no form of reference in the video, which makes it pretty much usless.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hi,

Nice video thanks!

This one too is very intriguing. Imho genuine. What do you think? Don't know if posted already?

New Year Fireworks UFO...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First of all, the 1st video it is not Brazil, it is from somewhere in Mexico. How do I know this? Because they are speaking Spanish, not English.
How do I know is Mexico and not other Spanish speaking country? Because they are using Mexican slang.

The 2nd video it is from Brazil.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story i was told by an uncle. A part of my family is from Porto Alegre, Brazil, and my uncle told me how one day he was camping/fishing with friends and at night, they saw somthing come down and pick "rocks" up i believe. Not just any rocks, there was somthing in them but i dont remember, maybe silver? But thats his ufo story. He told his wife, and she didnt believe him, so he took her to the place and sure enough that night this ufo came down again. Your post reminded me of his story

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
This is the best UFO footage i have seen in long time. Debunkers will have a hard time with this one.
I see it as kind of a sign from them *points up* saying "ya like what ya see? we're kicking it up a notch this year". I think alot of people will become believers this year.

Funny you see it as a sign. I had the distinct impression I was getting some kind of download while watching it. I felt I was reading a digital code with no conscious understanding.

I also got a strange metallic taste in my mouth at the same time. I know this sounds weird but somebody else may not have the balls to say it. I didn't read any posts beyond the first so my opinion would not be biased.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"debunk this" is getting quite old.
How about presenting something that looks like it is extraterrestrial craft and then say that, other than posting some obscure lights and making the leap of assumption that it is extraterrestrial and needs "debunking".

There have been many video refrenced lately that are just dots light in a shaky camera shot where people assume iits something great and needs to be dis-proved. How about something that looks like proof FIRST?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
regardless of point of reference i know what i believe.

i also believe that in many of these types of videos they're (whatever they are) trying to communicate. the shapes they make, the way they do those formations, make me think we're supposed to figure out what they're trying to say.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osito
First of all, the 1st video it is not Brazil, it is from somewhere in Mexico. How do I know this? Because they are speaking Spanish, not English.
How do I know is Mexico and not other Spanish speaking country? Because they are using Mexican slang.

Actually...the Spanish is quite competent...and far from slang!

Although there is some implication in speaking...it is definitely not slang!

I would suggest a closer listening...and maybe your interpretation on it!

You do speak bit of spanish right?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Excellent find! In respecting prosaic explanations, it seems the only way these could be skydivers is if they had a source of propulsion. Fireworks seem like a long shot as well. Wouldn't something burning that bright and that long make noise?

Mexicans know their fireworks. Their major holidays like May 5th have a ton of eye candy. Given the family's genuine reaction, it is a bit insulting to suggest pyrotechnics, IMO.

I shat a brick along with that kid. Pretty startling when they all light up and move in formation

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So that's how Free Spirit knew it was from Mexico!

Thanks for confirming that!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
For all the people getting mad about this video - watch it again and look at the movements. Maybe if you watched the night sky more often you'll see some interesting stuff and not rely on YouTube videos for your proof.

Couldn't agree more. But hey, that's freedom of speech. Some folks need the main stream media to tell them the truth, others look up.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

So that's how Free Spirit knew it was from Mexico!

Thanks for confirming that!

Yikes...didn't confirm anything!

When does slang Spanish fit into a country...well...always in the Latin world (all of Mexico and most of South America)! Not to mention here too ( the US)!

Doesn't matter...I think the video speaks for itself...something...maybe nothing...but a language barrier is the least of concerns!
edit on 8-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sky diving: Speaking from experience as someone who use to pursue the hobby, skydivers do indeed jump at night, and we wear lights so we can see EACH OTHER in free fall to avoid dangerous collisions, and to also locate each other where formation building is planned.
Lights and sparklers while under canopy further keep us from colliding with other jumpers under canopy and/or assisting in location for CRW (Canopy Relative Work), or formation building done while under canopy.
(sparklers, not so much for CRW)

The videos, are, however, not skydivers.

The first one looks like people on a mountain side, running with lights, never obtaining speeds over running-speed.
The second could very well be lights hanging from a crane, or, as I originally suggested, LEDs strung on kite strings.

It's admirable if you want to believe these are alien space craft, but, pretty embarrassing that you will immediately jump to the most unbelievable conclusion before examining the long list of more likely reasonable, and entirely boring possibilities.

I see nothing but ambiguous lights.

If the 'aliens' are trying to be seen, well, all these aliens must come from planet Retarded. They're doing it wrong.
Do it in daylight, and do it up close, and do it in front of cameras that cost a little more than $100, and actually make real contact.

edit on 8-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is crazy..

Cuando quieres aprender mas...estoy preguntas aqui!

Por que es un cosa y tango una repuesta!

Clearly language is not a issue here...but if that is your plausible issue...then carry on!

edit on 8-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I can see you're all having a lot of fun here....

but I've watched the original two videos five or six times....

and compared them to Phage's and Leo's videos...

and I just don't think the original videos look anything like skydivers, lanterns or flares.

Follow one light for a bit---and see how it behaves.

It's okay to find other explanations, but those explanations should at least follow some laws of physics and gravity. If they don't, you have to find an alternative theory.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Christmas Tree Lights from a distance up on a hill - I don't know, like you say no reference points.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join