It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London 2012 Olympics: Undercover Officers Manage to Smuggle Fake Bomb into Venue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In a dummy run, undercover officers carried the device into the Olympic site in Stratford, already in "lockdown" before the opening ceremony in 201 days, according to the Mirror.

Not a good sign they can protect all the lives that will be in attendance, hopefully before the Olympics start this issue will be resolved.

Source

The "bomb" which had no explosives, was designed to check the security arrangements including electronic and human surveillance. The undercover team was able to move freely around the Olympic park area, where royalty, world leaders, athletes and fans are expected to gather in the summer.

"Testing is standard practice in all major security operations. Such tests have a key role in developing our capability to ensure that London 2012 is safe and secure and that we are best prepared to detect potential threats before and during the Games. Members of the public with tickets should be reassured that such exercises are being staged to ensure their safety, our number one priority," spokesperson for Olympic Delivery Authority was quoted as saying to the Sun.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
The "bomb" which had no explosives...

The article speaks of electronic detectors, and the use of sniffer dogs (about 30 right now, they say).
If there were no explosives in the fake, then they can hardly be expected to have detected it now, can they?

To me this seems about as useful as doing a drug test on people who never take drugs, and declaring the test useless because they didnt find anything.
Of course not.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am not in the least bit suprised. If (terrorists) want someone dead they will succeed, all they have to do is create a diversion and ...well you get the picture. Nothing will happen at the Olympics, too many people are expecting something to happen there. I wouldn't be suprised if the Olympics don't even occur as I have a feeling that there will be some major earth movements before then which will superceed the event.Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

well, we are all doomed. hahahaha.
nah but seriously, 2012 olympics, something is bound to happen. sorry, england is just too much of a good idea for any terrorist group.
things will go down, mark my words.

new topics

top topics

join