It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are wrong about Iran.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Great! I am a bit confused about the whole IAEA report as well. If Iran doesn't let them inspect EVERYTHING than what is the point? They have offered to let them in to look at their Nuclear power plant and to check their enrichment facilities, but, I have stated before and will continue to state, that I believe that if Iran builds a bomb, it will only be for a deterrent.

Star for you.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

There is nothing I can do for you besides point to a picture that someone found of you.

And there is nothing more I can do for you, despite your continued insults to me, except that you seek for the truth and not stars and flag brainwashed bestowed on you, lies and manipulation by that perfidious persian infidel iranian leader you seem to worshipped.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

There is nothing I can do for you besides point to a picture that someone found of you.

And there is nothing more I can do for you, despite your continued insults to me, except that you seek for the truth and not stars and flag brainwashed bestowed on you, lies and manipulation by that perfidious persian infidel iranian leader you seem to worshipped.

I am not insulting you, I was merely giving you a visual interpretation of how you are coming across on here...and thank you. I do seek the truth, I don't want stars or flags, they mean nothing in the real world. I worship no man.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Great! I am a bit confused about the whole IAEA report as well. If Iran doesn't let them inspect EVERYTHING than what is the point? They have offered to let them in to look at their Nuclear power plant and to check their enrichment facilities, but, I have stated before and will continue to state, that I believe that if Iran builds a bomb, it will only be for a deterrent.

Star for you.

Thank you.

Well it seems that after all the initial bickering, we've come to an agreement!
Starred as well!

While i believe they would use a bomb for deterrant, i fear terrorist elements getting a hold of a device or dirty bomb material. They are many factions would would love to use one on Israel.
edit on 8-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

While i believe they would use a bomb for deterrant, i fear terrorist elements getting a hold of a device or dirty bomb material. They are many factions would would love to use one on Israel.

I agree with this and am absolutely amazed that one hasn't been used yet..but if that is any indicator, it seems to prove that no country or extremist faction is willing to take the backlash by being the first to use one.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I am not insulting you, I was merely giving you a visual interpretation of how you are coming across on here...and thank you. I do seek the truth, I don't want stars or flags, they mean nothing in the real world. I worship no man.

I care not a hoot on what you think of me, but only that you truly seek for the truth as you claimed instead of the BS you posted on your initial post.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Iran's leaders want Islam for everyone. Nothing else to say really. They will do that whatever they can and I think it's the only country that goes out saying they want other countries destroyed. Not to kill one person but a whole country!!!!!!! Is that ok? NO
edit on 8-1-2012 by etmconely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by etmconely
Iran's leaders want Islam for everyone. Nothing else to say really. They will do that whatever they can and I think it's the only country that goes out saying they want other countries destroyed. Not to kill one person but a whole country!!!!!!! Is that ok? NO

I am sure you have read the whole thread and have sources? Otherwise please let people know that what you write is your opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by etmconely

Islam? By that persian infidel leader with rolls of cloth on his head? Laughable. That peaceful religion had been corrupted beyond all recognition by what he had done. It is not Islam he want, only the revival of the barbaric persian empire that his ancestors had been forced to recant when Caliph Umar was sent to unite and bring enlightenment to Arabia in 642 AD.

Islam is only a means to such ends. He aint the first to misuse religion to attempt it, nor the last. Christian Hitler tried it. Radical Jihadists tried to. Mankind will not be fooled anymore.

edit on 8-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Love the map.
guess there is more than meets the eye with Iran.
I never listen to MSM anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thank you for starting this thread, it should be the start of a fruitful discussion. I'll try to reduce my comments to a minimum, but you have provided a lot to think about.

I quite agree with you when you condemn the people who chant "Death to America" as extremists and Iran's enemy. Iran is rightfully angry at them. What steps are being taken by Iran to stop those chants and demonstrations? The impression that is created is that the government approves of the chant and chanters.

I also agree with you (See how easy this is?) that Iran is not building nuclear weapons according to the IAEA report. Iran is not living up to its treaty obligations and is not cooperating with IAEA, but the report (at least the unclassified part) does not say Iran is building a bomb. My position is the same as the one you give as 3).

In my opinion you haven't presented your best argument in point 3). Assuming for a moment, that other countries are not living up to their obligations, does that change the fact that Iran is not living up to theirs? And I really don't think that withdrawing support for an idea that came from a conference is violating provisions of the treaty.

You mention your surprise that the US is not invading Israel, North Korea, India, or Pakistan. There are two large differences between them and Iran. One, they already have nuclear weapons. Iran claims it doesn't. Two, those countries are not violating terms of a signed NPT, Iran is.

Your point 5) doesn't seem to be the strongest, either. Your quote says Iran has invited the IAEA in for talks. But there have been many talks taking up much time. An invitation to talks may be seen as just time wasting.

Whatever the correct words were in the "We want to wipe Israel off the map" controversy, no one claims that Iran wants to leave Israel as it is in peace and safety, or that Iran would ever lift a finger to protect Israel against aggression. Iran makes life tougher for Israel, and they want to.

You'll notice that I have not talked about religion or human rights. I wanted to stay focused on your OP.

With respect,
Charles1952

(An off-topic P.S. Until I can trade in stars or flags for something, I don't care about them. And, if Iran's president (and government?) is so heretical and damaging to Islam, why don't Muslim countries do more to close his mouth?)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad said "take the regime closer to the endpoint of its existence" "Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map" Denying the Holocaust i guess must have been not enough for some people. This guy is nuts and I don't like war at all but something has to be done.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The worst part is, I do not even know if Iran's economy even has enough money to build a nuke, American propaganda is so high to the point where they think that Iran is going to nuke the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Iran sounds like an awesome place to live, at least according to you. Why don't you live there if it's so great? Perhaps a little hiking near their border should do the trick.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And i am sure there would be Americans that would scream death to Iran if Iran invaded USA as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

We in canada continue with our policies of discrimination against the native peoples....The reseve system is about to be destroyed and municipalities will take their places with nativs paying the same kiind of taxes as whites.
The payments we agreed to give for resources and lands will be abrogated after phoney "settlements" are rammed through the system apealing to the ignorance of the laws....
Oh theyll vote allright, but it will not be a fair or honest deal.....
canada has consistently swindled its native peoples...as well as murdering,raping, and abusing their children in residential schools and beyond.
Pffaw i have native friends who would laugh at the ignorance of our post.....
The Iranian peoples are a vibrant and wonderful people.
many of them very highly educated, and moderate.
It is the fortune of the Islamic revolution to have captured the minds of the present generation in power, but there are many who rember the US as an ally and friend...
Western culture was embraced too deeply in Iran for it to succomb to the eyetollas for much longer.
the people have western tastes and desire the life of the middle class of the USA as a model.
I believe that the Mullahs will betrayed by their own grandchildren if we leave them alone.
There is no excuse for much of the isolation which has been cast upon this country and its people.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

We in canada continue with our policies of discrimination against the native peoples....The reseve system is about to be destroyed and municipalities will take their places with nativs paying the same kiind of taxes as whites.
The payments we agreed to give for resources and lands will be abrogated after phoney "settlements" are rammed through the system apealing to the ignorance of the laws....
Oh theyll vote allright, but it will not be a fair or honest deal.....
canada has consistently swindled its native peoples...as well as murdering,raping, and abusing their children in residential schools and beyond.
Pffaw i have native friends who would laugh at the ignorance of our post.....
The Iranian peoples are a vibrant and wonderful people.
many of them very highly educated, and moderate.
It is the fortune of the Islamic revolution to have captured the minds of the present generation in power, but there are many who rember the US as an ally and friend...
Western culture was embraced too deeply in Iran for it to succomb to the eyetollas for much longer.
the people have western tastes and desire the life of the middle class of the USA as a model.
I believe that the Mullahs will betrayed by their own grandchildren if we leave them alone.
There is no excuse for much of the isolation which has been cast upon this country and its people.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Most of the tension in Iran is due to the current build up of the inevitable war with Iran which is no secret any longer.
I would be a little worked up and p*ssed off too if i knew that some big bullies were coming to invade us.

War is not inevitable. Peace is inevitable. Peace is inevitable. Peace is inevitable.

If you repeat "Peace is Enevitable" three times you will feel much better and have done your little but significant and additive part. It's as simple as that. Peace is inevitable.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
the universe has one big giant problem...

its called the middle east.....and how do we end all the problems and conflicts?

NUKE EM ALL!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The jew controls USA, but it can never control the Islamic republic.

Look at the map above - I wouldn't be too confident. Iran is utterly surrounded.

We have had this discussion.

Show the location of the former Soviet bases.

Indicate which of the American bases are there at the request of those governments, and for how long.

Then, and only then will that map indicate anything worth discussing-- LIKE HISTORY!... and then you will not want to discuss it-- until it gets posted again ...
* as if not already discussed;
* as if you do not know the dishonesty if its presentation--
and in hopes that bright educated persons will not descend upon the thread and point out the historically obvious to the bunch of blog-sucking morons who have not a clue of anything that ever happened in the world prior to 2001.

Harsh letter follows.

Like I said, we have had this discussion before-- and it will go the same way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join