It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are wrong about Iran.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by superman2012

I had read them long before I replied earlier.

Your belligerance and unwillingness to accept facts is similar to that persian infidel leader. If you persist in this manner, we will never solve anything except see you and me blown to bits..and soon.

Please tell me how I am being belligerent and how I am unwilling to accept facts? I have provided you with facts that you just dismiss without really reading them or really dismissing them. How do you breathe with your head in the sand?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to address some of the things in that report. It's full of half truths and outdated information.

Russia said it was based on political dishonesty.

The rest of it is full of "may", "might", "possibly" so it's nothing more than a mainstream news report.

Iran is no saint, but it does not deserve sanctions or attacks.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oppsies, double post!

edit on 8-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by nightbringr

I think in many areas we are in fact right.

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Absolutely.

They discriminate against gays, women and brutally repress their own people when they come out to contest elections they felt were unfair.

Have a problem with any of those statements? And please, dont simply throw the old standby response of "well it happens in the West too" back at me, i know we have problems too. I have never denied that.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They discriminate against gays, women and brutally repress their own people when they come out to contest elections they felt were unfair.

No I don't have a problem with that statement actually. But this thread isn't about human rights and as you yourself said you don't advocate the bombing of Iran. So in that respect what does human rights have to do with this thread. Why are you bringing it up?

As I said in my previous post a bad humans right record cannot be used as justification to launch military action against an entire nation.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

I think in many areas we are in fact right.

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Absolutely.

Have a problem with any of those statements? And please, dont simply throw the old standby response of "well it happens in the West too" back at me, i know we have problems too. I have never denied that.

Do you have anything that you can use to argue against my opening statement in this thread?

link   

Your belligerance and unwillingness to accept facts is similar to that persian infidel leader. If you persist in this manner, we will never solve anything except see you and me blown to bits..and soon.

Why should we take anything you say seriously, when you've fundamentally failed to address any of the facts the OP has mentioned and have just dismissed them out of hand?

link   

While I do not advocate the bombing of Iran, I am certainly aware of their brutal human rights record.

Then why bring it up? A poor human rights record is not an excuse to destroy an entire country.

The United States has a disgraceful record. You need only look at Guantanamo Bay.

If it was about human rights then we could mention many other countries such as North Korea, Belarus or Zimbabwe.
edit on 8/1/12 by Kram09 because: typos

Oh! Im so very sorry!

Obviously your right, we can never, ever say anything bad about another country unless we're going to bomb them!
Political correctness till the very end! I have no idea what the hell your talking about.

Do you not say things about Israel and the USA all the time? Talk about their downsides? Do you advocate the bombing of USA and Israel?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I listed six (6) points in my thread. If you cannot or refuse to try to refute them or present an argument for these six (6) items than please feel free to exit.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You're obfuscating the issue and deliberately failing to address any of the OP's points.

edit on 8/1/12 by Kram09 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Why should we take anything you say seriously, when you've fundamentally failed to address any of the facts the OP has mentioned and have just dismissed them out of hand?

You don't have to. You and me owe nothing to each other.

Furthermore, I have no cure for wilful blindness by people like you and OP.
edit on 8-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well I have to say you're just making yourself look embarrassingly daft.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
To SeekerofTruth101

Okay, great. Thanks for participating...?

edit on 8-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

I don't know how I messed up a post this bad!! hahaha

edit on 8-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's ok.

Readers will know what is BS from OP and his supporters.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'd give up if I was you. You're just digging yourself a hole...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Readers will know what is BS from OP

If you know why don't you tell us? Oh no, that's right you can't!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It's ok.

Readers will know what is BS from OP and his supporters.

Or they will know it to be truth by actually reading sources and doing some critical thinking...wish everyone was like that, than posts like this wouldn't be necessary.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you know why don't you tell us? Oh no, that's right you can't!

Child,

Just re-read my first reply, and it will satisfy you, but unfortunately, it seems reason and logic is not what you and OP supporters seek for. It is death to Americans and humanity that you desire so strongly for, despite mealy mouthed pretentions of peace.

Peace be unto you, child. Belligerance and adventures of war is not for mankind. for your sake, may you grow up, or if you are working for the Iranian propaganda industry, the pieces of silver to betray your fellow arabs and fellow men is not worth it.
edit on 8-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am not abandoning thread, but, I have to go to work now. I will respond to everyone and anyone that wants a response.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Everything you asked about was covered already...remember when I told you to actually read through my OP and the linked articles? There was a reason for that.

Belligerance and adventures of war is not for mankind.

No one here is saying was is necessary. Scoop the sand out of your ears. We are saying it is unnecessary but the US seems to be pushing for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join