It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 2012 WAS confirmed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
...What would you do different?

After all the rumours that have been speculated about a potential doomsday scenario, it has finally been confirmed (albeit only to you in secret by a high authority Government Official otherwise they'd be world wide chaos - You choose the scenario). How would you live the rest of your life from NOW, until December 21st 2012?

Would you quit you day time job and spend time with your family? Get a massive loan from bank and never pay it back? Do a lot of travelling before the final days? Spread your knowledge to the masses?

You'd have to bare in mind that the world will still potentially be operating in the usual way, besides today's economical collapse...so no robbing banks!

Who know's, this scenario could become real very soon!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wine...Men...and Song....

At 60 years old...sounds pretty good at this point....
edit on 8-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Fun

I'd quit "modern life" and head to the hills with an axe, build me a wooden hut and live off nature away from all the madness and spend my days, walking, fishing and thinking.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Just looked at my new calendar and confirmed that 2012 is real. Now what? Want me to go outside and confirm that the sky is blue?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
2012 is pretty much just what the Mayans said it would be.....the end of a cycle.They do however speak of the gods returning,so in my opinion,alien visitation is the only out of this world thing that could happen on that date.

No i would not want to live my life any different from how i'm living it now as we get nearer to the time because i know if that if i did something like take out a loan...........it would come back to haunt me when nothing happens.Typical.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Fun

I'd quit "modern life" and head to the hills with an axe, build me a wooden hut and live off nature away from all the madness and spend my days, walking, fishing and thinking.

Yeah me too but first I would visit my local Sears store and load up my credit card buying camping gear and all the best equipment. See, like I'd have a gas powered chain saw while you use an ax. Until the gas runs out I am getting things done much quicker.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
We all have a doomsday and it can happen at anytime. It's when you die.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
After all the rumours that have been speculated about a potential doomsday scenario, it has finally been confirmed

But of course what we do depends on the actual "doomsday scenario".
About a billion different versions have been put forward - everything from being hit by a nemesis nibiru death star, to pole shifts, to massive earthquakes, to the world being engulfed by volcanos... and some just merely a "shift in consciousness".

Since nobody can agree what the doomsday scenario would be, the action to take cant be given.

Personally, I'll see what I can do to make money from the gullible suckers.

edit on 8-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Just looked at my new calendar and confirmed that 2012 is real. Now what? Want me to go outside and confirm that the sky is blue?

Have you ever won any awards for your comedy skills....no seriously!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
haha! What is wrong with everyone?
THIS IS A GAME!

This is supposed to be a bit of "What if" fun.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'd worry less about tomorrow (bills etc) and live for today. I'd take my family on lots of weekend adventures to enjoy our time together.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have a list of people who have wronged me and mine (it has their names, addresses, contact numbers, national insurance numbers, family details, etc) and if 2012 was going to be the end of the world I'd spend the rest of my days punishing those evil men. I'm quite bloodthirsty really and I never forget someone who needs/deserves to reap what they have sown.

Sadly however, if 2012 is the end of the world, we won't be told until the very last moment, so it'll leave me little if any time to carry out my plans.

Rev

edit on 9/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just hope whatever happens, if bad and deadly and all that, happens quickly and right on top of my house. I don't want to live in a post-apocalyptic type scenario. I wouldn't last long if I survived.

There isn't enough cash flow in my home to stock up for living like that. On top of that, I have a husband who thinks I'm off my rocker when I do something mild like suggesting to buy a gallon of bottled water each week during hurricane season. (We'd be long gone out of the path, he says.) He'd call the men in the white coats to come get me if I suggested preparing for the end of the world.

However, if the new-agey-transformation-of-our-minds-to-a-new-dimension thing happens, I am waiting with open arms. I am secretly hoping that's exactly what happens.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was told in "secret" that this year will bring great change to this world. I do not have a "job" anymore. My

choice by the way! I have planned a bit by getting storage food together and buying some silver. For the most

part I will continue to do what I do. I love my wife and show more affection to her than before. I spend more

time on "me". Other than that, there is no point in doing anything different.

If the world ends in 11 months,
OH WELL! nothing we can do about it....we still move on to the next level.

If an EMP blasts the earth. Oh well,
guess I'm gonna have to eat my supply of food and try and build a community of survivors.

If the government starts WW3
looks like I just try not to get drafted. If I do then I'll probably be in jail for "not wanting to kill other humans"

If the economy crashes
then it looks like I got some silver to trade with.

If the zombie outbreak happens
I'll hide in my house for 6 months and see if any survived after that. (I own the world after that!)

If a comet or nibiru happens
refer to top answer

If a biological outbreak happens
refer to top answer

Now if you asked "what would you do if you had inoperable cancer and only had 11 months to live, then what would you do!
I would say that you then need to refer to a tv show called BREAKING BAD, only 10 times better!

My dad went through Cancer and I asked him what he wished to do....he said he wished he robbed an armor truck so he could leave his children something more!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If I knew 100% for sure that EVERYONE is going to die on December, 21, 2012?

Wow...

I would take massive loans from as many banks as I could...

And use the money to travel around the world, and have fun and parties!

And have a calm, quiet, and painless suicide on December 20, the eve of the doomsday, using sedatives and other drugs to fall asleep forever...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'd go get a second opinion.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
YOLO would be in full effect, I'd tell everyone that the world was going to end and watch the chaos.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Isn't it obvious? I'll just live underwater.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If we're talking... a life ending cataclysm.. well what can you do? Even if you tell people and they believe you... you're still going to die...

Me I'd take more chances... never hesitate, be myself. I'd probably do what I do now... read, smoke and drink coffee. So that's what I'd do on that last day... finish a book... have a coffee with a cigarette or 2, then go for a nap.

top topics

join