It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I Live in Western New York USA. Weather has been mostly snow-less, and cold on and off.

When I was a child some 60+ years ago, we had similar weather. I used to wonder how Santa would show up riding in a sleigh designed for snow. Yeah, living on a farm, we really did have Santa show up riding on a sleigh. But pulled by two horses as the reindeer were resting in the barn. ;-)

Snow in our area revitalizes the wells with fresh clean water as it melts slowly and so is absorbed rather than running off to the streams. It also helps kill off the bugs like mosquitoes and fleas of which I'm not fond.

However the deer population will grow out of control again due to the abundance of grass and other fodder easy to access. Hunters will have a good season next year.

Canada Geese, usually are in our corn field, but not so this year. Don't know why.

The Coyotes are having a field day in the woods. We hear them nearly every evening. We have cows so the Coyotes aren't a problem. However in the evening we only let our 2 small dogs outside when accompanied by the 2 big dogs, and one of us humans.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We're in Bronco, Texas, on the border of Texas and New Mexico (southern plains, north of the Permian Basin / Midland). We've had quite a few inches of snow so far, comparatively speaking. Yesterday we noticed they were chemtrailing us heavily all day long. By tomorrow, we are expecting anywhere from 5 - 10 inches of snow. Earlier this week, it was 75 degrees. We've had bees and wasps coming out of hibernation, now they're going to freeze.

Freaky, strange weather to be sure. But we only got 5 inches of rain all of last year, so we're grateful for any precipitation we get.

My prediction is that all the areas that are above-average in temperature will get slammed in the next few weeks, and all this balmy weather will be but a distant, pleasant memory, so enjoy it while you can!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The bad thing about living where I live is that WHEN the temps drop, we're going to get some serious lake effect snow from Lake Michigan. Water temps are still in the mid 40's along most of the southern coast.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In Colorado at 6600 feet....
Ive had more days of non winter coat weather than usual. We did get some blizzard conditions a couple of times in the past month giving us about 10 inches of snow.....then the temps tapered off and melted most but not all the snow....snow remained but kids could go out and play and not freeze. Snow boots and tshirts

Then, this past week we were around 55-60 most days....sunny warm, spring weather!

The, yesterday we got snow and were around 32 all day.

Here in Colorado it is normally up and down and never consistant, you cant put away spring/summer clothes in winter.......................but.....they are saying we are very very below our average snowfall....which im fine with....but it is just not normal.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am near the Ottawa region in Canada and although winter had somewhat of a slow start, we have plenty of snow at the moment and cold temps.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota and the weather here has been very strange we had a light snow then it melted its 45 degrees hear today the grass in some places around my house is green..
But what i don't like is i grow hay crops and we need the snow so in the spring it melts and puts moisture into the ground for the crops to grow so if it keeps this up my hay crop will not do good this year ..
Also what worries me is last summer we had some of the worse storms ive ever seen we had huge trees downed and lots of property damage so im hopeing we don't see that again this year but yeah were having climate change like ive never seen before..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Central Texas - I've had ONE night that barely got below 32F (freezing) so far.

Normally, we would have had many "Blue Northerns" (that come from the North or NNW) and "Cold Fronts" (that come from the West) by now.

February is traditionally our coldest month though; so, it may be too soon to call this a warm Winter here.

P.S. In 2011 - The State of Texas officially made it's All-Time-Record drought for the state and made second place in the All-Time-Record heat for the state.
edit on 8/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here on the East Coast of Canada, Southern Western New Brunswick to be exact, it's been a little warmer than normal so far, although some nights, it has got down into the -20 range with the windchill. Our snowfall is way, way down. There is no snow on the ground at all. We have had only one storm and it was melted within a week. That's very, very unusual for here. Normally, once the snow hits the ground here after mid December, it's here to stay.

After last winter, I am not complaining. Last year, we had 14 storms of 15 cm or more of snow from late December till early March. Thankfully, it melted pretty quick and was pretty much gone by mid April.

All forecast I have read have said that it was supposed to be a pretty nasty winter for much of the central continent. Apparently, they were wrong, although there is still plenty of time. I'd be happy with little to no snow this year. Last year SUCKED!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

My big fear is that we will get more than usual ice storms in late winter.
Dangerous stuff...and potentially far more damaging than bad snow storms.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

FissionSurplus, it's interesting that you mention chemtrailing. I haven't paid much attention to the chemtrailing posts on ATS, but something happened one night this week that made me sit up a bit. I live about 50 miles north of Mpls/St. Paul, and my bedroom window faces the south (so the sky in that direction is quite bright from the lights in the cities). I had just gone to bed and noticed a HUGE contrail in the sky. I got up and looked and there were several of them fanning out across the sky from a locus point on the southern horizon (MSP airport, I'm assuming). Of course we see contrails all the time, but these were so wide and there were so many of them fanning out, and there seemed to be a sort of congestion of them right around the locus point, which looked like a big cumulus cloud. I attributed them to the possibility that there was a lot of moisture in that level of the atmosphere that night (humid atmospheric conditions make contrails evaporate more slowly). BUT there was certainly nothing unusual about the weather that night, it was bright and clear. And I have had this view out my window for the past 20 years and not once have I noticed anything like this before. It made me a bit uneasy, esp. when coupled with the very warm weather we're experiencing here.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here in MI is about 36 today which is nice. I don't believe in the whole global warming crap. The record in MI for january temps is 55 degrees in January. All these warmer temps is just a cycle of weather. That record was observed in 1903 by the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was just outside and wanted to add that in addition to my strawberries still growing, my Azaleas are blooming again (they should be dormant), I noticed some lettuce has sprouted (again, it's too late in the year unless covered, which they aren't) and some bulbs are trying to come up (too early).
They say we'll get cold next week.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kgirl2002

I've noticed the chem trails out here in the Kansas City area too. They have been laying it on a bit thicker than usual. It seems to have been cranked up to a daily event. Naturally, I've spent a lot of time in doors; I really don't want to breathe that crap in. It could very well be related, and while I'm not as well versed on the subject of chem trails as I'm sure many of the other members here are, I've heard that the chem trails are used to enhance the effects of the HAARP. Is there anybody here that can confirm normal weather in non-NATO countries? From what I understand, the chem trails are only authorized to fly over NATO countries, so if the weather is normal in the other countries, that would pretty much confirm the suspicions that the chem trails are involved in the strange weather. I've also heard rumors that the fallout from Fukashima would affect the amount of precipitation over the USA, in that it would cause a decrease.
edit on 8-1-2012 by foxyramirez because: Fukashima

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This week, in west-central Saskatchewan we broke records. We are now at +9C !!!! Normal here for this time of year is around -18 to -22 C with the odd - 35C thrown in for good measure. Hell....I AM CANADIAN....break out the bikinis!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add..we have no snow either.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Tasty Canadian because: duh

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
vancouver is grey and rainy. always. 8 degrees celsius, we are just above our norm i'd say.
I could use some snow, or some sunshine. it's like living on another planet here from the rest of you.
I don't know how we can do this every year lol, i'm just waiting for another 3 month fog. yeah you read that right.
3 solid months of thick cloudy fog, all day every day.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I come to Germany every Winter to visit my folks and get my dosis of snow etc..

But this year is just a disappointment. We have like 12 °C

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

It is being called the in my town, "the year without a winter" In all my years in north georgia it has been freezing with snow usually. the weather has been so weird and warm that it makes me wonder...

Shoot, I even seen seagulls today at subway in north georgia..lol here is some temp records for my neck of the woods.

Record low 6°F | Today 60°F

edit on 8-1-2012 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Unusually warm and no snow in MN. Even the long term locals are a bit agitated about. Not that everyone isn't just loving the warm temps and lack of snow blowing but it has an air of discomfort due to the abnormalness (is that a word???) of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here in SE Mass, we've only had one time this winter where we had flurries that actually stayed on the ground for a bit, other than that it's just been rain and in the high 40s. This time last year I was living in much colder temps with no power with the blizzard we had after Christmas. Last year set all kinds of records for snow fall and now this year we seem like we might set records for so little snow fall.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I live here in the northern Sacramento valley in California, and we last seen rain in the third week of nov last year, since then its been semi chilly in the morning, but highs today hit 71 degrees here! I took a look at all my trees, and the majority of them are already budding their leaves.... i have never seen it do that this early! So yea wtf is going on with this weather? somewhere i read that this weather pattern is mirroring a major drought we had back in 76-77... i sure hope not, or else produce and everything else around here will go up in price

And btw, a normal weather pattern for northern California should consist of cold fronts about twice a week at least, providing us with rain!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join