It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Technically the sun doesn't rise, the earth turns. I'm nitpicking again. technically the sun doesn't move except to spin, the earths tilt seems to be aiming at something in space and locked so the north star stays north. that means that the south is towards the sun sometimes and the north is at other times as we go around it. As perceived by us here on earth you are more right than I am. So neither of us is really right or wrong.

Why is the earth tilted towards that north star and locked there, what kind of energy connection exists between our planet and who knows where? What influence does it have on life here on earth? I'm full of stupid questions.
edit on 27-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Technically the sun doesn't rise, the earth turns. I'm nitpicking again. technically the sun doesn't move except to spin, the earths tilt seems to be aiming at something in space and locked so the north star stays north. that means that the south is towards the sun sometimes and the north is at other times as we go around it. As perceived by us here on earth you are more right than I am. So neither of us is really right or wrong.

Why is the earth tilted towards that north star and locked there, what kind of energy connection exists between our planet and who knows where? What influence does it have on life here on earth? I'm full of stupid questions.
edit on 27-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

The North Star changes over time due to the precession of the equinoxes. Right now it's Polaris, but in a thousand years the pole star will be Alrai. When the pyramids were built, the pole star was Thuban in Draco. Sometimes the axis doesn't point at anything but empty space.

Not sure what your point is here.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Proper Communication with those of less knowledge and different perceptions. If that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

So, here it is the end of February, and we have a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow...
SE
Michigan
www.crh.noaa.gov...
forecast.weather.gov...

.A STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK FROM CENTRAL
MISSOURI THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY TONIGHT AND TO NORTHEAST OHIO BY
FRIDAY MORNING. THIS STORM WILL PRODUCE ACCUMULATING SNOW FOR ALL
OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN. BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION
WILL BE 5 TO 8 INCHES NORTH OF M 14...EXCEPT FOR THE TRI CITIES
REGION. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FOR THE TRI CITIES AND MONROE AND
LENAWEE COUNTIES WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 6 INCHES.

Yeah we had the same warnings, and I was watching the radar like a hawk here..... I got all excited and ran out to the man shack and gassed up the blower to do some serious snow removal....

Sigh here, I do believe I will have to siphon out the gas soon enough.

42F here today and tomorrow is supposed to be 52F with thunder storms..
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Don't forget the high wind watch for tonight

or should I say

It's raining her in SE MI now

EAT
I'm not sure we even used the snow blower once over her ...although I hear that NW Michigan and the UP are in for quite a bit of snow today/tonight.

edit on Fri Mar 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Yesterday,I traveled from Kentucky to Toledo,ohio.
I did not see any snow anywhere.
I even drove past a kawasaki
Snowmobile dealership.
Now,when I see a place that sells snowmobiles,and it's Febuary, and there is no snow,you know something is not right.

Kawasaki hasn't made snowmobiles since 1982, must have been an old sign.

This winter can be attributed to El Nino, not manmade global warming.

Weather and climate are 2 different things.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is probably it for me here on this thread, I can't believe I am saying this during mid March.........
We are forecast to have 85 degree weather this weekend so I just went downstairs and hit the breaker for the central air conditioning to warm up the compressor.

I also have 33 Litres of snowblower gas to get rid of as well..

Its been a great thread and I am gone from here, unless we get a freak storm that lasts a week its all over folks.
Thanks for a great thread and it was very informative to compare notes with people from all over the world.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join