It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm living in Massachusetts and it usually still chilly in February and in some occasions we get snow but the temp over here is great and that's awesome but it concerns me to the point we're I have to conclude that something very odd is happening to mother earth.

lol my cousin told me the other day "hey have you thought about earth having the flu, maybe that's why the temp is high"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yesterday,I traveled from Kentucky to Toledo,ohio.
I did not see any snow anywhere.
I even drove past a kawasaki
Snowmobile dealership.
Now,when I see a place that sells snowmobiles,and it's Febuary, and there is no snow,you know something is not right.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Seen geese today...coming back?? Not sure as we have open water nearby....and bare ground for grass to forage.
Pretty sure I heard a robin sing this morning.

Got a couple hours or snow, nothing really stuck and it's gone this evening.
Normally, winter gets me all geeked to go through seed catalogs and prepare for my new garden....small as it is, I always try something different.
Weird weather :shk:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Seen geese today...coming back?? Not sure as we have open water nearby....and bare ground for grass to forage.
Pretty sure I heard a robin sing this morning.

Got a couple hours or snow, nothing really stuck and it's gone this evening.
Normally, winter gets me all geeked to go through seed catalogs and prepare for my new garden....small as it is, I always try something different.
Weird weather :shk:

Not to give away my location, because it's ultra top secret, and I don't want the illuminati to track me down, but it's been rather warm here, unseasonably so. It's going to be in the 70's on Thursday, when the highs should be in the 40's.

Well, it is 2012 after all, did you really expect it to just pass by without incident?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

In Indiana it is much the same as it is in Michigan. Unusually warm winter with very little snow at all. My wife and I have been talking a lot about this as of late and we both find this "winter" season to be one of the more strange ones.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So, here it is the end of February, and we have a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow...
SE
Michigan
www.crh.noaa.gov...
forecast.weather.gov...

.A STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK FROM CENTRAL
MISSOURI THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY TONIGHT AND TO NORTHEAST OHIO BY
FRIDAY MORNING. THIS STORM WILL PRODUCE ACCUMULATING SNOW FOR ALL
OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN. BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION
WILL BE 5 TO 8 INCHES NORTH OF M 14...EXCEPT FOR THE TRI CITIES
REGION. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FOR THE TRI CITIES AND MONROE AND
LENAWEE COUNTIES WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 6 INCHES.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It was in the upper 70's today and right now we are at 61F at 10:30pm.....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well you may want to visit my thread because according to the news they're geo-engineering the planet in an attempt to cool it off. So, so far it looks like their experiment is back-firing (as we all get sick)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

75 during the day chilly at night has rained a handful of times. when i first came to this area in nor cal cold, freezing or slightly below and was raining every other day, #s weird, and the mosquitoes are bad i think there is going to be elevated mosquito population word wide which will cause higher disease rates, 2012 here we come.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

HaHa you troll, Us yoopers have a really nice winter so far. I talked Heikki Lunta into taking winter vacations down south a few years ago. I think he decided to take a trip to Europe for a month this year to check it out. He's been cooped up here in the U.P. for way to long.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Hey, yoopers, a nice winter to you means? How is it up there this year??

When my sister lived in Iron Mountain...winter usually meant about all you could see of the stop signs were the tops of them and sometimes you left the house though the upper windows

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I've got six and a half foot duel stage snow-blower on the back of my farm tractor and a loader on the front. That's a good yooper blower. Better than the Yooper scoopers we had when I was a kid. Not many people could afford snow-blowers back in the early sixties but then again people didn't have to pay for exercise either. I've only had to blow snow three times this winter and there's only about a foot on the ground around here. Best winter I can ever remember around here. I love global warming. I know winters not over yet and we could still get a bad storm [or ten]. At least winter won't seem like it drags on for ever.

I remember when Trolling meant you were dating a girl from downstate.

edit on 24-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hey DTOM, lower MI here also. 6in. so far today and no sign of letting up yet. They called for 4-7 but I think we're going to surpass that.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We had +12° C today, sun is shining, it's like spring. Not a normal weather for february especially after the horribly cold weeks before. But the snow is melting, finally.

And for the first time in months i could walk to get the groceries and not use the car because of the cold weather. Great

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

About an inch on the ground, slush on sidewalks...waiting for the wind to pick up and dry off the concrete now

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread just shows how paranoid some here are. So you saw some nice winter not been around for decades and now it's Ice Age and winter a year? The winter was great, too bad I couldn't go snowboarding though there is still time. Let may it be such nice winters always with LOTs of snow.. it started getting warmer here and basically it looks like there won't be -20 C any more.. too bad.

Cause now when warmth comes, you will see how warm it will get in the summers.

Im thinking the Global Warning is bullcrap but real weather change characterised by HIGH ANNUAL AMPLITUDE is a fact... and what is the reason for it? It's like it started changing faster in the last few decades.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

If you study global warming you will find that the name doesn't fit the research. Global shift in the climate system caused by raising the atmosphere's ability to absorb energy causes unpredictable climate. Doesn't sound like the name at all to me. I suppose you have to give everything a name even if the name is not applicable. This "global warming" has effects that directly accentuates the solar cycles and also other cycles of the earth. We haven't acquired strong evidence of what can happen because the human race may have never witnessed the neglect of nature that we are now experiencing. Maybe the Pyramids were built to try to stem problems an old advanced society had created and all technology and knowledge of the cause was destroyed to dampen it from happening again. True Intelligence would cause a teaching of a simple and ungreedy lifestyle to the young. This may have been the basis for the writings of religious texts. I look for possibilities of things that happened. I know this is just a Philosophical theory that has no real basis. Maybe it will become a reality in our future. Someday mankind may find the truth. The truth is not evident in much of what I see today, too much greed, deceit, lies, undeserved self reward, and waste. Oh well, what do you expect when you are living in hell.

edit on 25-2-2012 by rickymouse because: can't spell without coffee

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I woke up this morning and was amazed at how far in the north the sun is rising. My mind has to be playing tricks on me but It seemed to be way further south yesterday. I must be going coo coo!!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I noticed that years back, both sunrise and sunset were effected. I think it's an illusion created by something in our atmosphere though. If you understand that the sun has actually set during a sunset, you find that
the sunset is an illusion or reflection created by the round atmosphere. Many Scientists know this but most can't explain it because they are not trained to think like us or don't think regular people could understand. I don't know where they get this lack of perception of the intellect of the regular person. Sure, you see a lot of people doing crazy things and hooked on greed, Hormones, and ignorance of reality but not all people are that way. Today you find more of these people in college because they want an easy life. They get degrees and aren't actually intelligent, just knowledgeable. Think about it, going to college and creating a debt or subtraction of savings of 40 thousand dollars and taking 6+ years out of your earning time in your working years. I don't think there is enough time to get a return on your investment for most people. That doesn't seem intelligent to me.

So don't worry about the sun because there's nothing we can do about it. If the earth does turn and in the summer the sun doesn't set start wondering if you are now going to be on the new north pole. Strange that you just started noticing this, I saw this about three to four years ago already, and the illusion seems real. Life is also just an illusion and it sure seems real.

edit on 27-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I woke up this morning and was amazed at how far in the north the sun is rising. My mind has to be playing tricks on me but It seemed to be way further south yesterday. I must be going coo coo!!

That's because we're only a few weeks from the spring equinox. After the winter solstice, the sun starts rising further to the north every day until the equinox, when it rises directly in the east. Then it moves further north until we're at the summer solstice, which is its maximum northward progression. Then it moves south again.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join