It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
snow has long since melted, blue skies and sunshine here in seattle, wa

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Been seeing mosquitoes out today and the temp is a balmy 55 degrees. been this way for last 3 days.
Not the typical January weather. We did just have a few inches of snow over the past weekend, mostly melted now.
One plant that usually is all brown has some green leaves on it? Looks similar to a clematus flower shrub.
I am sure I have a few areas of grass still growing and my neighbor also.
This isn't helping my snow plowing fund for extra cash.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Mosquitos? Oh NOES!!!!
That suxs.

We had winter yesterday, 2-4 inches depending on where you live. It was really about the prettiest day all winter, IMHO.
Tomorrow: mid-40s to 50

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Checking back in once again here, been a week and now the other day we got about 5 inches of snow (Sunday) and today it was for a high.....55 F not a drop of snow to be seen now.
The 5 day forecast calls for temps in the 40's all week here.

I just realized that I never answered the OP's question of "Will we have a winter this year"?

NO is my answer as it is only 28 days till March.
And yes I did BBQ my steaks and they were really tasty.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well,my report is NO WINTER!
At all.
Today was 60 degrees!

And I heard a report that because we haven't had a good freeze this year,the bugs are going to be really bad.

This is some really weird weather we are having.

Record summer heat and record winter warmth.

Next thing we know up here in Kentucky is we will get these bad boys up here from my home state of South Carolina.

We called them palmetto bugs,a giant flying cockroach.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

on the BBQ

We need our pin oak trimmed of dead wood...and it needs to be done in dormancy....usually before mid-March.
Call our tree guys today.....they are concerned they may need to cut back the last date for trimming.
So, we're having them out next week....watch, it'll snow to beat the band that day

He agrees on a bumper crop of ants and such.
And, that the squirrel gangs are crazier and more rambunctious than usual with the warmer temps.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well pretty well another week gone here, today as of right now it is 52.5 F outside and sunny all day.
I got a lot of leaves and sticks picked up in our yard/garden, then cleaned the eave troughs following that I skimmed our pond as there was no ice on it and right now it should have about a foot of ice if not more.
Came inside for a late lunch and noticed flys on the screens here....LOL I had the heat off all day and lots of windows open for the fresh air.

I still have 34 litres of gas in my snowblower stash out of 35 Litres so things are not going like they are supposed to do.

While in the garden here I notice our Perry Winkle is flowering like crazy and some of our ferns are going green already.

Way too early for the ferns by about 50 days or so and don't ask me how Perry Winkle can flower in the first week of Feb?......

What I meant about the ferns was that there are little fiddle heads showing already.
This cannot end well for any of us here in North America.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 6-2-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

And, I don't hear anything much from our European members...as winter seems to have returned there with a vengeance.

Shows how little control man really has over weather patterns.

Europe deep freeze reaches North Africa as it claims more than 300 lives

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Northwestern Ontario normaly -20 to -40C
last two week around 0 to -15C but a bit more snow
does not snow much at -20C or lower

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
SE Michigan:
Cold here, and last night we got snow...maybe 2 inches.....right now at noon it is 14F....about as cold a day as we've had all winter.

We may not get above freezing until Tuesday, another first for this winter
www.accuweather.com...
edit on Sat Feb 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One day shy of my weekly check in here on this thread, Yep we got cold and lots of blowing snow here starting Friday night into Saturday afternoon.
Today (Sunday) was sunny all day and hit a high of about 30 F lots of snow melt.
The rest of the week is forcast to be about 40 F every day here.
I did use about a litre of gas yesterday for the snowblower so that only leaves me 33 litres to go here and I am out of gas.

I might be BBQing again tomorrow and that will be my third one for this month.......First time in all my life I have even cooked outdoors in February and I get to do it 3 times so far. :-)

Something's going on here and what it is ain't exactly clear.....
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Winter found us in Florida last night and tonight!! 27 for a low last night, and a Hard Freeze Warning again for tonight. My Blueberry bushes and Pear Tree were almost in full-bloom. Guess they'll have to start over. I covered my strawberry plants and brought the Tulips inside for the night. Sposed to be in the 70's again later this week though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No kidding?, I have never been down south at all, always stuck up here in Canada and I had no idea it gets that cold there?
Is this normal or unusual in your opinion?
We have a nice fire going right now in our fireplace....feels and smells good here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yikes!!!!
Do they start over or are they screwed for the year?
I know if my roses had leaf buds freeze, the can create new ones...can't remember the exact mechanism...But flower buds I thought were different.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

We are in the panhandle of Florida here, and every winter we get some freezing temperatures for a few days, usually in January. Once in a while we get them in February. We haven't had any this year so far, so I was hoping to escape the entire winter without a freeze, but it got us pretty good last night!

The freeze line is somewhere around Orlando in Central Florida. It almost never freezes south of there, and it rarely freezes even in Orlando, but when it does freeze, it is really hard on the Citrus and Tomato crops.

Last year, we had 3 straight weeks of freezing temperatures and it was devastating to the Tomato crops in the state.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Awww, they'll start over, but I was getting excited about having an early crop. The blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are all new this year, and I"m anxious and can't wait to pick some!

The Pear Tree is used to this stuff, it won't hurt it a bit. The Banana trees are the ones I worry about. They are not supposed to freeze at all, and the past 2 years we haven't gotten any bananas because of the hard winters. This year it was looking real good for them, so I hope these 2 or 3 cold nights don't ruin our chances for a couple of bundles of bananas.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Wow, just checked my weatherbug on the phone. They're calling for a low tonight of 20, and then by Wednesday highs of 76 again! 76 is almost 80! In fact, we had a 79 last week one day.

This isn't really all that unusual for this area though, but it is still amazing how quickly the weather can change here.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The past three days were amazing: one seasonal day and two below average temperature days....it snowed several days ago and the snow is mostly all still on the ground

Today we're back to above normal temps

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well today here it was sunny and we had a high of 43F, got out the BBQ and did some chicken while I watched the snow melt like mad.
The roads, driveways, roofs are bare the only snow now is on the grass and before sundown it was melting fast.

I hate to repeat myself but this winter season has been truly odd to say the least.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here we are with only a week or so till March and today going to be sunny and almost 40F, the rest of the week is going to be even warmer as Thursday is supposed to be about 54 F !

There is just a small bit of snow on the ground and I expect it to be gone today.
I guess in my books anyways that it is now an official non winter here in Canada.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join