It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We'll have winter, but I think our seasons are 'off' a little bit.

My money is our dec-jan season is going to get milder, and our feb-march (perhaps into april a little bit) is going to be more volatile and winter-like.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I'm on the east coast in virginia and it's been pretty mild to say the least. They say it's gonna get colder in february

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
No snow so far here in Illinois and temp's in the low 50's the next three days.

Farmer's Almanac says snow is coming middle of January.

We've had 4 days of snow (not continuous) in central IL

Sure, some of these days are "warmer than usual" but hey, it's climate change, nothing we can do about it what so ever.
edit on 9-1-2012 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
South Wisconsin here. Very strange weather for sure. Normally we would have had snow on the ground for a couple of weeks by now - instead we've had less than 2 inches all season. Went for a walk yesterday to the park and there were people playing Frisbee, for heaven's sake
To put this in perspective, we average around 3ft snow per winter usually - a few years ago we had 8ft.

There's a lot of very fat squirrels wandering around the yard saying "I put all this weight on for THIS?!"

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I live in Northern California and was at the beach this weekend. there was zero wind, the temp was in the mid 60's, and it was clear as a bell out..very beautiful..but odd for this time of year.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Maryland has been pretty tame as well so far. Obviously we are not the center for extreme winter weather, but we at least have a couple decent snows a year. We had a dusting last week that was around until sunrise, then promptly melted away. Everyone I speak to comments on the mild winter thus far...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Near Houston, Texas. We've had NO winter and January is generally the start of our really cold weather with freezing temps. This past weekend we were almost at 80 degrees for a high, which is basically 30 degrees warmer than normal. Lots of sun. Today we've had a really severe weather system blow through, complete with tornado warnings and 60 mph winds. This is the type of temp and weather we historically got down here in June when I was growing up. Plants and animals are all totally off on their internal cycles.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
warmest winter i can remember ever.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kgirl2002
reply to post by FissionSurplus

FissionSurplus, it's interesting that you mention chemtrailing. I haven't paid much attention to the chemtrailing posts on ATS, but something happened one night this week that made me sit up a bit. I live about 50 miles north of Mpls/St. Paul, and my bedroom window faces the south (so the sky in that direction is quite bright from the lights in the cities). I had just gone to bed and noticed a HUGE contrail in the sky. I got up and looked and there were several of them fanning out across the sky from a locus point on the southern horizon (MSP airport, I'm assuming). Of course we see contrails all the time, but these were so wide and there were so many of them fanning out, and there seemed to be a sort of congestion of them right around the locus point, which looked like a big cumulus cloud. I attributed them to the possibility that there was a lot of moisture in that level of the atmosphere that night (humid atmospheric conditions make contrails evaporate more slowly). BUT there was certainly nothing unusual about the weather that night, it was bright and clear. And I have had this view out my window for the past 20 years and not once have I noticed anything like this before. It made me a bit uneasy, esp. when coupled with the very warm weather we're experiencing here.

Not CHEMTRAILS. This past week, Wednesday to be exact, Western PA was covered with CONTRAILS. WHY? Atmospheric conditions were extremely conducive of contrail production -- Humidity and Temperature.

And, they were right along the normal flight paths that we see here day after day from Greater Pittsburgh International Airport.

Did all of a sudden they load those planes with "chemicals" ? No.

This event only goes to show that CHEMTRAILS do not exist.

St. Paul - Minn. Airport is a major hub for commercial flight. Of course you are going to see a lot of contrails there. Now, if this happened somewhere where there are very little fly overs, then you might get my attention.

As for Western PA, our weather too has been abnormally mild. We have had several days of 60 degree weather, when it should be in the teens and single digits by now.

Weather is very chaotic. Meteorologists can barely predict what is going to happen the following day. In our case, the temps were predicted to be in the 30's last week, but instead, each of those 60 degree days came without any warning.

Meteorology is like reading a tarot deck at best, IMHO

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I live in Colorado, though at "low" 4500ft elevation. My son is still wearing shorts and T-shirt's to school, and on "cold" mornings his hoodie. Usually by now he's wearing cold weather clothing.

Most years by now we are freezing, with ponds/lakes and rivers frozen and ice fishermen in full form, with quite a bit of snow on the ground. We've had one storm so far, and the only snow left is that in the shade. The river's and ponds/lakes are definitely no where near freezing.

Many plants in my green house are still trying to survive and most likely would be just fine if I was taking the time to water them.

According to the farmers almanac, we are averaging 5 degrees warmer this year than previous years. The prediction seems to be that we will have our winter in April and May, and then our summer is supposed to be warmer and dryer than normal. Ugh! Looks like gardening will be quite a bit of extra work this year and I will probably have to keep my plants going in the greenhouse for longer than normal by quite a bit of extra time.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Still no snow here in capital of Serbia , Belgrade (middle Europe) ..
its first time this happens as i can remember (having no snow before this time past years)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here in NEPA we are normally knee deep in snow now.I am worried, we landscape in the summer
and plow in the winter we had a really bad end to our fall here rain just about fell every day froze the leaves to the ground so we never finished our fall cleanups.... so no snow is really really hitting us hard. Lets just say our well ($) is running dry

It wasn't a great Christmas I can only hope it gets colder and snow comes soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I live in Tennessee, and we have only had two days that were under 30F, which is very weird for this time of year.
Not to mention if you look at the weather forcast it seems to be continuing like this for awhile.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Up here in toronto Canada, winter has been almost non existent. I don't like to get overly anxious about weather patterns, but in general do believe that global warming is real and man made. This is starting to feel very strange and scary though!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here in central texas we lost the leaves on the trees around the 15 of december.We finally started getting some rainfall in december and now i need to mow my yard if full of long green rye grass.I will be checking the river to see if the fish spawn at normal times.So far the sand bass have had eggs since november and the numbers are increasing as usual.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej
Could this have anything to do with the methane plumes in the arctic?

I bet it does. Not only that, i'm sure that this is also related to the fish bird die offs as well. If plumes of this stuff goes off, it depletes the oxegen levels in the oceans, thus those species that are in the area around die and float to the shores. Any birds in the area of land or sea could also be effected and die suddenly. My question is, is this all part of the sun warming the earth which causes a chain reaction here on earth with global melting of the poles also the release of methane trapped in other regional area's will soon go come out of hiding with global temperatures climbing. I have seen what kinds of catastrophies this causes. The history channel and the lake that let this stuff out and the winds moved this methane burst to land and killed cows and people in it's wake. Now that the earth is belching out this stuff now, and global warming is getting worse, i can only see winters getting warmer and more violent storms. The more this happens the more oxegen will be depleted LEAVING YOU BREATHLESS. TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY. This effect in a slower version will make you feel exhausted and feel tired and depressed. This is a serious problem and will only get worse. I fear we will be like the dinosaurs, slowly loosing our oxegen.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well this time last year it was minus -15, snow, ice, very very cold (For the UK anyway!).
Now - showing as 12 degrees this evening!
I am in warwickshire in the UK - and the weather is definitely not winter like at all.
Even before xmas, it dropped to -1 at the lowest here, and felt bitterly cold because it has been so mild.

Check this link, which shows the average temperatures from 1970-2000 then already for this year the average temp in Jan is 3.5 degrees higher...
Temperature Records

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Cant believe I read the WHOLE thread, just fascinating read, one thing we all have in common is weather and this year is looking really really different. Here in the Midwest as you already know things are abnormal and dangerous for the tick, chigger, fly, mosquito and pest populations.

Talking with Grandpa this morning he said that winter may come late which means we could see it right on through spring.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
For us here in North Florida it can be very dangerous if we do not have an at least average winter temperature and rainfall wise. Usually when we go without a good Winter the Summer begins early with months of non – stop temperatures above 90°F with very high humidity, lots of haze due to the wildfires (especially since my county has lots of woods), and then late Summer brings constant hurricane threats if we have a hot dry summer.

So, you're saying you've been through this before?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I have lived here all of my life and this type of weather is not completely abnormal but we all know what happens when the weather acts as it has been.

edit on 1/9/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join