It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
By the looks of things at the moment, based on current output, there is growing confidence in a fairly good "cold event" pushing in from the East across Europe beginning days 6-10. This will hopefully feed in any snowy weather to the UK from a Northerly direction before allowing an Easterly to take charge.

The problem here though is, there are still no signs of any decent winter weather for North America. This is because of the position of the Pacific blocking at the moment and the Polar Vortex of Greenland.

If any of you are interested in actually learning why we have this weather, i will create a thread on it this week and hopefully point out when we can potentially see winters return both here in Europe and North America.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Same here in North England. A couple of times its been cold and has rained a lot over Christmas. Lowest was probably around the 2 - 4 degrees. Last year the snow was all over the UK and even snowed in in places, was great for building the snowman with my kids, because they had not seen a snow fall as good as that since they were babies bless.
I would say last year was the best snow fall in around 10 - 15 years. It will be my 40th birthday very soon
, and the last time i can remember heavy snow almost every year was back in the 80s.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
All I can say is that it´s been (strangely) lovely here in Portugal! We´re getting around 16ºC, 18ºC and it´s been weeks since we´ve seen any rain. You can see lots of bikers, people driving convertibles with the top down, promenading on the beach. I mean, it´s not hot like in summer, but hardly seems like winter,more like a mild autumn.
It gets cold at night though (about 7ºC in Lisbon), but it feels so good being in the sun!
We had a relatively fresh summer, sure ruined us some beach days and real heat just came in September,October...
But all in all, it just feels weird...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Here in the Bay Area, CA it has been the coldest that I've ever experienced here in the past 20 years. But, there has been no rain whatsoever and usually we'll get at least some rain. It has just been very cold and dry. Pretty disappointing since I love the rain. =(

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Very mild so called Winter all across the Mid West of the United States.

HARRP.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Here in NZ we haven't got our summer yet so I think the global weather is off. Usually it's sunny as f*** by Jan but it's set to be raining till March here now

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Looks like we got all the snow here in Iceland.

The whole month of December and until the end of yuletide (Jan 6th) It didn't stop snowing.

They say its a record month and it hasn't snowed this much since they started measuring!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
wow.. here in nz it's supposed to be summer. But we've only had a few sunny days and rain on the rest of them. It feels more like autumn and we're smack in the middle of summer. Really unusual weather, seriously I better get a move on preparing survival food and things.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Likely one day winter, next day summer, the way its going.

Its killing alot of my garden plants,because they thing its spring already then old man winter freezes them the next day they sprout, and they die off.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Same in the Benelux & Northern Germany!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yeah New Zealands weather is really strange this year.
Was expecting it to be blue skies by now, but this summer I haven't been to the beach once because of the weather, it's sunny one minute, raining the next.
And we started the year with the biggest thunderstorm I'd seen in years!
Hopefully 2012 isn't really the year of change

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Here in the Tampa Bay area, the entire season has been above normal by a few degrees, save for a few nominal "cold spells" in the 50's & 60's, and the definite cold snap last week where we barely touched 50 degrees one day (I'm not complaining, it was NICE
)
This coming weekend is forecast to be in the upper 50's through mid 60's, and I welcome it from the near-80 degree days between now & then. The weather pattern annoys me, we put up with high heat and humidity 9+ months out of the year. We deserve dry, chilly reprieves!

Last year we did have a touch of snow in some places as far south as Naples due to the bitter cold snap everyone was hit with. This year feels like a 180* reversal in the weather pattern. I don't like it. All of the Januaries I remember have been cool or chilly or downright cold to one extent or another. This warm weather feels positively abnormal, even though I can look at the weather records and see it actually isn't all that abnormal.
Perhaps it feels abnormal because there are spring plants in bloom, wild flowers in their full glory, the bees, hornets and wasps aren't hibernating, and most shockingly, there have been NO geese to be seen.
Canada geese should have passed through weeks ago, we haven't seen a single flock at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I also live in northeast Oakland County MI, and on the 4th, chemtrail's were very heavy, even my 83 year old father noticed the jet's flying in tic tac toe formation, he now believes, he never wanted to in the past

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
let's see what the scientists are going to come up with , to knock off some money due to climate change

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Here in the UK the really bad weather hit us in South London (Croydon Area) on the 2nd and 3rd of February last year and for the last few years that when the really bad weather has hit.
Not in December as most people think winter is but later in the new year, so get geared up for it to hit then, and even if you buy a tonne of road salt and snow shovels and tyres for snow and hit doesn't come then its better to be prepared, like I always say, its better to have a plan and no need, than a need and no plan.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
Same over here in the south of England, It's been quite warm all winter, no need for hat and gloves, we didn't get any snow this year not even a bit of frost.

Im from Kent, double digit virtually every day. Forecast for this week mon tues 12deg wed thur 11deg fri 8deg so getting cooler by weekend Winter not over yet though anything can happen between now and April.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's the Sun.

all will be well

3rd. keep your eye on this

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
When i came here to Spain 14 years ago, i remember when i got up to go to work at 5am in December and January the temprature would be sometimes -5º to -8º, and i live only 10kms from the mediteranean sea and in summer we go upto 45º.
This year it hasnt gone below 8º in the morning and were at a 16º to 19º all day.
Its really confusing for my 5 year old son as last year we had snow at xmas and this year he's still waiting...but it aint gonna snow. Up until december we were still at 25º to 30º in the day...it was the longest summer i've ever known.

Forget the new ice age....this will be all heat heat heat..water is the new gold..
edit on 9-1-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Mmmm very strange weather,dont think it;s harrp.
1. earthquake aftermath from japan

2. A 10% pole shift

Injoy the weather

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In New Mexico, we had an early winter storm, complete with freezing temps and about 6-8 inches of snow. This was in late December.

But since then, it's been WARM until last night when we had another cold snap. I'd have to say that this winter isn't all that different than others, except that it came early. If it stays mild and doesn't get really cold and snow again, I'd say that was unusual. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

edit on 1/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join