It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers expose defence and intelligence officials in US and UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Hackers expose defence and intelligence officials in US and UK

www.guardian.co.uk

Thousands of British email addresses and encrypted passwords, including those of defence, intelligence and police officials as well as politicians and Nato advisers, have been revealed on the internet following a security breach by hackers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is fine and dandy , but why do I start to smell a rat on breaking news of this nature , because in my opinion TPTB are building a case for labeling them terrorists. The bottom line is they must be taken out / down , we cannot have free speech and access to info if not first passed by governments.

More power to Telecomix and Anonomous

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This type of act is childish, playing into tptb hands

What they should have done is keep the passwords to themselves and use them to glean intel and create missinformation INSIDE the ptb own network.

Children trying to play grown up games

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I agree with you 100% , this is why I am very suspicious of these stories , then again some of these whiz kid hackers are not that old or well travelled, at some point some breaking news will be that one group or another has put public safety at risk , complete false flag , say regarding airport radar , train line signals , anything that can capture the publics attention so they can sway public opinion that they are a threat .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
it is likely that there is no hack but this is a smoke and mirrors false story ,read Operation Northwoods memo.

is isn't as if there aren't people who do nothing but sit around making this type of thing up,just to justify whatever nefarious agenda they happen to be implementing at any given time

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It would be pleasant indeed to have a pipeline straight to the hearts of the intelligence community......
I think it would be probably too easy to trace the culprits and erase the message if the whole internet wasnt immediately made privy to the info hack....(just my take.....)
The world now in possession of the info, theres no way the billions of pathways can be run down(again, my take)
Possession of this info cannot be prosecuted now i believe, having been made public domain........
Its certainly possible that these thousands of ips etc may be rehacked at a later date from some trojan planted like the siemens virus....
Regardless of changes in passwords or anything.....If the US and Isreali govts could do it, theres no reason a bunch of super smart hackers couldnt figure it out too.....is there?
Suppose a stay behind dump command kicks in every 3 months to dump the entire contents of their files onto some free posting web sites or chat lines?
Now that would be a very tickelish problem if not exposed before the time was up.....what if it was every week?
maybe we should be looking for posts from newly signed up members?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They should be thanking those hackers for exposing their vulnerabilities so they can close them.

You can bet the Chinese and other governments have hacked these only kept it quiet.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A lot of people cry out for total government transparency, but only if they knew the nature of what they are crying out for then they would choose to stay ignorant. Government intelligence is one of those areas that belongs in Pandora's Box for several reasons especially here in the United States. Hacking government intelligence servers is a good way to find yourself on the radar...trust me for I know. These script-kiddies now-a-days are very reckless and dangerous with the little knowledge they possess.

Hacktivism, IMHO is fruitless labor and will only end up getting Big Brother angry to the point where he chokes off the ability to connect all together hence SOPA. You only need to piss off the gift bearer enough to the point that the gift bearer turns into a gift taker. I prefer to make money with my knowledge as well as to educate those who are in pursuit of self-betterment.
edit on 8-1-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

top topics

join