It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Us So That He Can Experience Love Through Us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I had heard once that we are the result of the universe trying to experience itself.
Well, I'd like to go back a little further than the creation of the universe. If you were God and you had just created Love....how would you go about experiencing it and enjoying the love you had just created? Perhaps by creating individual fractal portions of yourself that could interact with each other in an unlimited number of ways(seeing as we have free will) in order to experience these fractal portions...or spirit beings....loving one another.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

While it is true in most Eastern systems of thought that life is inherently love, that the universe is love, and that God is a sort of alias for everything that has ever and will ever exist. But what isn't brought forward is the belief that God is a Supreme Ego that intelligently molds things and is apart from everything else.

We are love, everything, God, experiencing itself one at a time, and this has been going on without beginning for innumerable eons. Life is a play, a dance, a song.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If you were God and you had just created Love....how would you go about experiencing it and enjoying the love you had just created? Perhaps by creating individual fractal portions of yourself that could interact with each other in an unlimited number of ways(seeing as we have free will) in order to experience these fractal portions...or spirit beings....loving one another.

Well if this is true then you also have to wonder if pain and suffering isn't also something wanting to be experienced by God. If it was just love then I don't think wars and suffering would be an issue today.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
god lonely after tossing his ungrateful family out on the street, god gets 2 humans as pets, they multiply uncontrollably and make a mess of his house.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
I had heard once that we are the result of the universe trying to experience itself.
Well, I'd like to go back a little further than the creation of the universe. If you were God and you had just created Love....how would you go about experiencing it and enjoying the love you had just created? Perhaps by creating individual fractal portions of yourself that could interact with each other in an unlimited number of ways(seeing as we have free will) in order to experience these fractal portions...or spirit beings....loving one another.

I have been speculating on this for at least thirty five years. Stagnated on that speculation, lacking substantial new input.

I lean towards this: God is love-- of His essence, so love is not created...

WHEREAS
* I believe in One God,
* I believe He is eternal and therefore existed before anything was created,
THEN
* the Christian Trinity is an essential mystery-- Three Persons, One God, each person of the Trinity eternally united in love.

So, Yes, I agree that God created us to increase love, share the power of it and made us in such a way that we have love as a part of our own nature-- our own essence.

Both the Mystery of the Holy Trinity and the essential of love, then, may be implicit in the odd plural form found in the creation myth: "Let US make man in OUR own image."

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
God does not need our experience, God created us so that we can experience his love.

A proof: a higher power does not need the experience of the lower, but like a tool, it is used for a greater good. We dont need the experience of a hammer but we do use the hammer to shape an idea held in mind. God shapes a perfect idea and the lower species act in accordance with his will, because both good and evil serve God in the end, but only the good realize this while the evil think they have freedom outside reality (i.e. through lies and deception.)
edit on 8-1-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigspud
god lonely after tossing his ungrateful family out on the street, god gets 2 humans as pets, they multiply uncontrollably and make a mess of his house.

Why are you limiting creation to just us on earth....

Limited view points serve no purpose to humanity.

we learn nothing from it.

Everything is...and that is that..just except it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
God did not create us.
God is everything and you are the eye of God seeing all.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

if u were god eye u wouldnt b an eye seeing god
when u r obviously aware that god is creator out of his perspective then u have a perspective out of god watching him and what he did

bc u r intelligent even if u r for lies profits u can catch this

most intelligent or honest ones freedom as i mean including too all gods, admit that they are out of truth freely abstract existence, so they admit out of their free sense that truth is the reason of all always objective
but noone even gods i repeat, admit that truth is also free bc who perceive the logic of it there a second choose immediately to become free liars since it cant b proved

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hate to rain on your parade, but if you look at the world ([color=gold]not just YOUR world) now and throughout time, you will see that torment and suffering has ruled over love and goodness...

...perhaps this "god" loves to just watch suffering? Seems more logical.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The only thing he will experience through me is disappointment, sadness, misery and the desire to commit suicide.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The only way to experience Love is to be able to share it so for the Universe to Experience Itself, it had to create Children, the Children of Zion.

Didn't you watch the Matrix Trilogy?

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

We are love, everything, God, experiencing itself one at a time, and this has been going on without beginning for innumerable eons. Life is a play, a dance, a song.
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Exactly! We are God. We are that infinite Love that is also God.
And everything is never ending vibrations(also known as music) which alternate between being matter and being energy.
Physical three dimensional Creation was born of sound/vibrations(vibrations are the same thing as sound, after all).

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

And everything is never ending vibrations(also known as music) which alternate between being matter and being energy.
Physical three dimensional Creation was born of sound/vibrations(vibrations are the same thing as sound, after all).

We are NOT God! WE is God!

You are not WE and WE is not you but you are part of We.

If you were a toad, you'd know the difference between WE and We.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

We are NOT God! WE is God!

You are not WE and WE is not you but you are part of We.

If you were a toad, you'd know the difference between WE and We.

Ribbit

Um...so God is We, and we are a part of We. I get it I prefer to think of myself as a fractal of God along with everything else and through the principle of quantum entanglement what one fractal portion does effects everything else....so good thoughts please.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If, God created us for that reason....HE/SHE must be really upset, and disappointed. We're faaaaaar from fulfilling that purpose. The reason why God created us, was to take care of planet earth, and it's inhabitants. Again, God must be really upset, and disappointed.

I personally think, God created us, to be a thorn in Lucifer/Satan's side; as well as, maintaining the garden. We are made in God's IMAGE and LIKENESS; and are a constant reminder to Satan, of God's GLORY! Satan is living in Hell; and just the very sight of 'man', makes him weep and gnash his teeth. And you know what they say, "Misery loves _________"

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

According to who exactly? Words written down by men thousands of years ago, which have been edited throughout the ages to suit various agendas, and of which no originals exist?

Nobody knows, we can either guess, or try and find out scientifically what is going on. I am not sure we will achieve this in our present state, we are too hung up on greed. Once we grow up as a species though, we will start making REAL scientific discoveries that answer questions rather than line pockets.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Did God Create Us So That He Can Experience Love Through Us

Simple statement from the Catholic childrens catechism -

Q - Why did God create me?
A - God created me to love and serve him in this life so I can be happy with him in the next.

I thought that was pretty good explaination for the Christian belief about why God made people.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

In answer to your question, No, he didn't, because IMO God doesn't exist, love is just a finely tuned Jealousy.

Second line

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Without pain and suffering you couldn't experience or appriciate the experience of love, cause you wouldn't know of anything else. You need pain and suffering in order to experience and appriciate love!!

The more you suffer, the greater the benefits of love would be imo!!
edit on 9-1-2012 by JokerzReality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join