It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret justice: How Cameron and Clegg vowed to hand back our liberties but are instead planning illi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Secret justice: How Cameron and Clegg vowed to hand back our liberties but are instead planning illiberal changes to justice system

www.dailymail.co.uk

What a difference 19 months makes. Speaking in the sun-lit Downing Street gardens as he launched the Coalition back in May 2010, Prime Minister David Cameron promised it would be ‘committed to civil liberties and curbing the power of the state’. Nick Clegg added that after years of Labour authoritarianism, theirs would be a government ‘that hands you back your liberties’. Now, however, almost unnoticed, this same Government is planning to enact highly illiberal changes to the justice system. If,n
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It seems that on both sides of the pond that our governments are acting to put down any kind of democracy thaat is left in order to keep their tenuous hold on power.

I think they have learnt from the arab spring how tenuous their grip on power actually is, however it is things like these "secret courts" that put the people on course for revolution in the first place!

This is also being snuck into the UK without the usual fanfare and very much under the radar.

We need to get this out there and let the people know what their governments are up too or we will be finding out for real in some gulag for looking the wrong way at a politician!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Really is an important subject, already a thread started though:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oops MODS please close thread

Maybe I should look the next time hey?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Clegg is truly without principles of any sort. Since he has been part of this coalition he has sold out every part of the Lib dem manifesto.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Clegg is truly without principles of any sort. Since he has been part of this coalition he has sold out every part of the Lib dem manifesto.

Indeed

How many true liberals would sign their constituents right to an open trial knowing why that person is charged and on trial and the sentence?

Basically you could be arrested, charged and jailed without even knowing why you was arrested in the first place and your family would not be able to find out either!

This is internment without trial via another means and we must put a stop to it!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
"illiberal"

I've never heard that term before

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Absolutely. The first time i bothered voting in an election was this time round... chose lib dems because of their policies on a few things such as ACTA.

The last thing i would do is vote for the tory party... sad how i voted for lib dems and my vote went towards putting the torys back in. I honestly haven't seen anything done in terms of coalition... it's just a tory party, and that's it. Divide the rich from the poor, and benefit the rich as always.

You can't really blame Clegg in many ways though, he really is in an awkward position... his party does not have the upper hand and literally has no power other than to repeat what the tories do... it was supposed to be a coalition but cameron and his goons don't give one second for the libdems to give any input.

new topics

top topics

join