It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture That Really Puts It Into Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Haven't seen it anywhere else on here, but a random graph I found on the web that really puts into perspective some facts that are little known to people outside the US.

Given how bad things were on Obamas inauguration day, can things really be blamed on him for how bad it is today? To anyone it appears his office is really cleaning up the snow ball effect of a self crippling economy.
Never the less...its good to have somebody to point the finger at.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I don't know how 'random' that graph is but most conservatives circulate that or something like it in emails

fairly regularly and I've seen that one in the last month or so.

Thanks for the reminder. The buck stops with the one in the oval office. Soooo... Point THE FINGER at him.

I'm OK with that.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Point the finger at every president over the past 30 years. Same thing...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Point the finger at the president that hasn't lifted a finger to put a stop to it, but promised he would. That would be the sitting president.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by boncho

Point the finger at the president that hasn't lifted a finger to put a stop to it, but promised he would. That would be the sitting president.

/TOA

And every president for the last 30 years. If not longer. Obama took over a house with a leaky foundation and squatters for tenants. If America was a car, he bought a lemon going into office.

If you look at the boom and bust cycle over the years, the sitting presidents during boom times always looked better. It doesn't mean they were the cause, but that's how it played out.

I am not saying he did a great job, or the worst job. I am more so pointing to the system that is broken, not the muppet you have as a figurehead for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I thought the 111th Congress (2009/2010) was supposed to get all this crap straitened out ?

Where did they fail ?

Where did all the money go ?

They couldn't have just burned it in a fire could they ?

Somebody somewhere must still have all the money.

I want my tax money back.

I've been robbed.

All those high politicians have college .... right ?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
And yet "they" still keep trying to EXTORT money from 'the people'. US Taxpayers owe

For those of you wondering, where the "money" went....let me put it into perspective:
"Money is a DEBT NOTE....an I.O.U." They take that meaningless piece of paper, and buy things of VALUE....like property and resources. Money HAS NO VALUE! People with wealth....have ASSETS....not "debt notes". They also take that paper and: feed, clothe and house the troops..stationed around the world. They also take that meaningless paper, to build their underground bunkers. You don't really think "they" are going to use "their" money...when they get YOUR money, to build their toys, for free; do you?

Without that meaningless paper....everything, as we know it, will cease to exist. Sure, we could use gold, but WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? Real money, is in the things needed to survive, like: FOOD!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
And yet "they" still keep trying to EXTORT money from 'the people'. US Taxpayers owe

For those of you wondering, where the "money" went....let me put it into perspective:
"Money is a DEBT NOTE....an I.O.U." They take that meaningless piece of paper, and buy things of VALUE....like property and resources. Money HAS NO VALUE! People with wealth....have ASSETS....not "debt notes". They also take that paper and: feed, clothe and house the troops..stationed around the world. They also take that meaningless paper, to build their underground bunkers. You don't really think "they" are going to use "their" money...when they get YOUR money, to build their toys, for free; do you?

Without that meaningless paper....everything, as we know it, will cease to exist. Sure, we could use gold, but WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? Real money, is in the things needed to survive, like: FOOD!

All good points.

They still want my money I make.

They still insist on the payments.

They have rooked the citizens.

Demand a Refund from Congress Today

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So this just shows how hard it is to fix what Bush broke. Particularly when you have the teapublicans doing as much as possible to thwart any kind of recovery. You are right this is a telling chart - It shows how much of a head wind the president is up against. See how that works subby.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And sadly, when passing out Ron Paul superbrochures, I have people tell me that they're "die hard Obama supporters". What's there to support? Lying during his campaign, or being corrupt and electing 11 Goldman Sachs employees to his Administration? Or is it his total failure to really help this country out at all?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama fan, but I have to say that the problem with charts like that one in the OP is that it doesn't speak to things beyond control of the office of the president. Just because a new president gets sworn into office, it's not like he is starting with a clean slate. Obama inherited issues and circumstances from Bush Jr., Bush Jr. got the same from the president before him, and so on. To put all of the blame on the current president is not realistic.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
TYPICAL Republican or Democrat politician = same miserable down-hill results for America, time and time again.

Ron Paul, the NON-typical politician = the REAL CHANGE that we desperately need.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If he bought a lemon going into office, then it's his own fault for not being smart enough.

In which case he obviously is not qualified to run a country....especially a world power.

It's like giving control of the New England patriots to 7th grade middle school football coach who has almost no experience at all and expecting him to do something.

Look who they LET US PICK though.........If you are not wealthy or have wealthy friends then you can not lead our nation. If you have wealthy friends who pay for your campaign they are going to want a return on their investment...

That is why problems in this country keep happening. Because we allow them to.

In some weird way I'm hoping that those who are "good" somehow infiltrated the bad guys and are posing as bad and purposely ruining this country so it can change for the better and they will suprise everyone when the time is appropriate.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

What are you gauging his performance by? The point I was trying to make is that no matter who entered the White House in 2008, it wasn't going to turn out good. No matter what they did.

Even if you had someone come in to reshape the system and make it better for the long run, given the time and what was happening, it still would have been a disaster.

And 99% of the candidates for 2008, were no different than Obama.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join