It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no outrage about child molestation in Hollywood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It blows me away that known actors and actresses can openly state that they know powerful Hollywood directors and producers that molest childhood actors and actresses. And even more outrageous they claim it has been going on for years.

The Penn State debacle was rightfully exposed "nationally" and finally (after so many years) all (hopfully) the vermin were flushed out. Why is there not a similar national media shaming of Hollywood until their entire house of cards is brought down and there is a full investigation and arrests are made. Known childhood stars are going on record to discus their own childhood abuse!

I know there have been three recent arrests, which according to one childhood star is "indicidive of the broader problem"

These are quotes from a recent article (source listed below), "Feldman, 40, himself a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, unflinchingly warned of the world of pedophiles who are drawn to the entertainment industry last August. "I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia,” Feldman told ABC’s Nightline. “That's the biggest problem for children in this industry... It's the big secret.”

Alison Arngrim, the veteran Hollywood actress best known for her role decades ago as Nellie on “Little House on the Prairie,” has said, “This (the abuse of children) has been going on for a very long time.

“If a child actor is being sexually abused by someone on the show, is the family, agents or managers – the people who are getting money out of this – going to say, ‘OK, let’s press charges’? No, because it’s going to bring the whole show to a grinding halt, and stop all the checks,” says Arngrim. “So, the pressure is there not to say anything.”

Why is the New York Times so silent on this issue? They could be the leader in exposing this issue? Is it because it may be taking place in their entertainment industry too?

Quote from recent article, full article sourced below, "Yet, according to NewsBusters, New York Times reporters and editors can’t be bothered to shine light on this dark trend. They did, however, find space on page A6 of Friday’s edition to report an unconfirmed claim that a Catholic archbishop in Ireland — who died in 1973 — was posthumously accused of child abuse."

The hypocrisy to allow Hollywood a free pass on this issue is simply Outrageous! Figured i would start the public shaming.

Article sources:
www.foxnews.com...://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/12/nyt-s ilent-on-shocking-hollywood-pedophilia-charges/iceberg-experts-say/
www.thaindian.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There seems to be a trend with older people, more commonly men, engaging in pedophilia. The question then becomes: "how long has this been happening throughout human history?" If the answer is that pedophilia and child molestation has been around since the dawn of man, I think we can call it a natural occurrence in some individuals, similar to homosexuality, bisexuality, and bestiality. The problem is that we can't choose who or what we are attracted to; however, we can choose which sexual activities to engage in.

In our culture pedophilia is greatly frowned upon, though in earlier/different cultures it may have been a normal thing. Similar to how some cultures praise cannibalism as a sacred/spiritual right, and others are horrified at the thought of it.

Please understand I'm not endorsing pedophilia, I'm just trying to perhaps provide an explanation as to why it occurs because it definitely is not "natural behavior" so to speak. I don't know of any other creature in the animal kingdom that fornicates with its young, if anyone knows otherwise please do tell.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

Silly, didn't you know that you cannot prosecute the rich?
The city would go broke and the offenders will just get a high dollar Johnny Cochrain clone to litigate the case into oblivion.
Plus the folks who were molested most probably do not care as they feel they got a fair trade in the deal....err ordeal.
Cash can mend many fences and build bridges.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
There seems to be a trend with older people, more commonly men, engaging in pedophilia. The question then becomes: "how long has this been happening throughout human history?" If the answer is that pedophilia and child molestation has been around since the dawn of man, I think we can call it a natural occurrence in some individuals, similar to homosexuality, bisexuality, and bestiality. The problem is that we can't choose who or what we are attracted to; however, we can choose which sexual activities to engage in.

In our culture pedophilia is greatly frowned upon, though in earlier/different cultures it may have been a normal thing. Similar to how some cultures praise cannibalism as a sacred/spiritual right, and others are horrified at the thought of it.

Please understand I'm not endorsing pedophilia, I'm just trying to perhaps provide an explanation as to why it occurs because it definitely is not "natural behavior" so to speak. I don't know of any other creature in the animal kingdom that fornicates with its young, if anyone knows otherwise please do tell.

Well I believe that most species of primates engage in such activities, and they are of course
our nearest next of kin. It being 'natural' is probably the personnel (and collective)
justification used by some of these cretins who spare no thought for the destruction
of the minds and lives of their innocent helpless victims.

All main stream media is now sold-out and their silence on these horrific practices
speaks volumes, and is indicative of the stranglehold these upper-echelon soul-less
villainous abusers have over our society and all things decent.

I hope all victims of abuse can find some precious peace in their lives.

edit on 8-1-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

The fact that it's been going on since forever is a horrible argument. Pederasty might be nothing else but sugar-coated abuse that hides behind cultural values etc.
And the argument that it might be common in animal behaviour. We're supposed to be human/e, endowed with conscience. And will.

This matter is one of those things that make this world of ours so horrid.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i read an article on this also, seems hollywood used and abused both boys and the media painted them as crazy druggies so they didnt have to deal with them.

feldman is very brave for speaking out.

i also want to point out that this was done under weiss' watch and he is also thought to be responsible for giving actors for the government and media dodgy coverups. (like the actors that pretend to be bystanders on 911)

im willing to bet this rabbit hole goes all the way Down
edit on 8-1-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

It does'nt blow me away when they make these allegations.......

what DOES blow me away is none of them will come forward with names of these paedophiles and have them charged for their crimes!!!!!

So in the mean time these bastards are forcing themselves on to more and more children because the accuser is too gutless to come forward with a name.

So ultimately, $$$ talks to both victim and the paedophile! The victim is more afraid of being black listed and booted out of Hollywood than have a dirty old man touch them.

edit on 8-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hollywood may be a contender for the top sickest places on earth.

Sick people producing sick culture, engaging in soul-killing evil like child abuse.

That place is an abomination, an insult to America and the world. Americans should be ashamed that we've let that filth represent us around the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

You are 100% correct!

However, nothing can be done about it if none of these kids and young adults come forward and name names. They're more interested in making $$$ than doing the right thing. They might as well be accused of being an accessory if they continue to turn a blind eye.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Absolutely. You will see in my thread that I too believe their should be people prosecuted. My outrage is that kids that have been molested are withholding names. This is a certain receipe for more victims. Thats why if there is enough exposure and outrsge something may get done. Thanks for your reply.

top topics

join