It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Heading Right Toward Earth!!!!!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I LOVE ATS!!

Now that's my kind of post. Wolf takes the prize.

edit on 9-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

I agree with you. We've had the ISS in Earth's orbit for over ten years, we have the SOHO satellite observing the Sun, there were many shuttle missions and Russian missions to and from the ISS, The Chinese filmed their unmanned rendezvous with orbiting components that caught the sun in many frames, and the ESA doing constant research. And as stated many times before we have an untold number of amateur and professional astronomers observing the sky.

But we are to throw all of that out because of a Youtube video and an uneducated space enthusiast that whispers a tale of doom from a video.

Did you know that people have been living and working in space around the clock, every day single day, for more than ten years? During the past decade, 15 nations have come together, setting aside boundaries and differences, to design, assemble, occupy, and conduct research inside and outside of the largest and longest inhabited object to ever orbit the Earth - the International Space Station.

source: www.nasa.gov...

SOHO - source: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Japan's JAXA space agency had the solar observation satellite Hinode (sloar-B) its 3rd solar satellite launched in 2006.

There's also ground based telescopes dedicated to solar observing just to name a few ways science is monitoring the sun. But Youtube is such a better scientific tool that human eyes and scientific space satellite technology is junk science , I suppose, according to this thread.

Ground based solar telescopes.

source: ds9.ssl.berkeley.edu...

And Nibiru has been hiding in plain sight for two years even with Radio, X-ray, and Optical resources observing the sun not to mention the human factor in space?

Do they teach science in school anymore?

Two years of observations of a fake planet with no effects on the rest of the solar system is a little hard to swallow.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is why technology is dangerous...give stupid people things with flashing lights and they are able to workout the mysteries of the universe.

Calm down and breathe in some fresh air.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

But it seems strange to me that so much nonsense can appear to be so sensible.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We live in fantastic times...or at least people would like to believe that. Hollywood, TV etc has made our daily lives seem mundane and uneventful so people tend to take what they think is mundane and make it into fantasy.

Easy to take lots of little theories and string them together until it sounds possible, but I like to leave that up to the sci-fi writers and producers.

We have been staring up for so long we don't realise what an amazing world we live in, all it takes is for us to look down sometimes and reflect a little, we would much better people as a result.
edit on 9-1-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by randyvs

We live in fantastic times...or at least people would like to believe that. Hollywood, TV etc has made our daily lives seem mundane and uneventful so people tend to take what they think is mundane and make it into fantasy.

Easy to take lots of little theories and string them together until it sounds possible, but I like to leave that up to the sci-fi writers and producers.

We have been staring up for so long we don't realise what an amazing world we live in, all it takes is for us to look down sometimes and reflect a little, we would much better people as a result.
edit on 9-1-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

Right you are. That's why I had to give wolfenz the hypothetical prize for this thread. Obviously fun should come first.

Where the hell has Phage been ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
nah don't believe it.
I took this picture of the sun last year (with a special solar filter attached to my camera) and can't see anything other than a few sunspots.
img.abovetopsecret.com...
I use Baader filter and it costs a few $

If you point any imaging device at the sun for whatever reason without protection it's gonna screw it up.

btw the Nibiru photo (alleged to have been taken from the SPT) shown in this thread to match the 'len's flare' in orbit was a faked version posted after NibiruShock2012's account was supposedly hacked to discredit him/her - you can't use it to then subsequently prove a theory later down the line - it was either faked to discredit or not....

full marks for using 7 exclamation marks in the subject, really communicates the urgency of our impending doom.

edit on 9-1-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
C´mon people, all there is to see in here is a total lack of experience regarding photographic equipment, and the technology behind modern ccd sensors.

The black parts you see whenever you adjust something are just "artifacts" or overexposed areas in the image, meaning that the sensor of the camera that "translates" light into information is being over saturated with light , thus the solid black spots, you could say that there is so much "light" info coming through the lens that the info is "overlooked" in a way.

Doing this is not recommended as it can and will damage the sensors of your cameras, this effect can be mostly seen with small cameras with smaller sensors, like webcams, some cameras below 7 megapixels, and, you guessed it, telephone cameras.

If you take a picture of the sun, and then in PS or Gimp and the like you either solarize or posterize the image, you will get similar results, the sensor gets overloaded and information is ignored by the cheap ccd thus missing info areas manifest as black solid shapes in the form of the parent light source, the sun is round, the missing sections are round, sometimes even reflections can give these black spots, try it out, take pictures of the sun and retouch them in PS you will see similar results.

I have some experience in photography, but more in filming and photographing equipment, and that black spot is not Nibiru, there are several ways you could find out in your own home check this , the pinhole method is quite effective, you can even sometimes observe sunspots, so stop spreading ignorance, get informed, and try thing out for yourselves.

Educating ourselves is not that difficult, rehabilitating ourselves from lifetimes of stupidity is.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The thing I find sad about this thread is not another person claiming we are all about to die it's putting blind faith in official channels when it's convenient to do so for arguments sake.

If a giant mass was moving towards us do I expect the same government who lies about everything else to be honest, or to prepare for themselves and those of there choosing ?

I can tell you from just limited knowledge of certain low level topics that you guys don't know everything, public knowledge is not comprehensive. And based on some of the lunacy I have seen people that make these decisions could easily fall back on gods will excuses to ease the guilty conscience from false statements.
edit on 9-1-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

What was I thinking? You are so right, I'm such a beginner in such a puny program that it amounts to nothing like photoshop.
I use photoimpact because it's a lot easier for me to move around. And, I use GIMP. Thank you very much. Now, let's hear your hypothesis on your lens flare theory, that you just keep happening to dodge conveniently.

Image Credits:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by RMFX1

What was I thinking? You are so right, I'm such a beginner in such a puny program that it amounts to nothing like photoshop.
I use photoimpact because it's a lot easier for me to move around. And, I use GIMP. Thank you very much. Now, let's hear your hypothesis on your lens flare theory, that you just keep happening to dodge conveniently.

Hypothesis? What the hell are you talking about. When I look at my cat, there's no need for me to hypothesize about wether it's my cat or not, because I know it's my cat. I've seen it thousands of times. Much like your lens flare.

It's a fricking lens flare. Give yourself a good shake before it's too late.

edit on 9-1-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

If you don't know what an hypothesis is, then go back to High School.

See you dodge that question, yet again, for a thousandth time now. You still can't prove your reason why it's a lens flare. [You just say it is, and we're suppose to take your word as gold]

You say my work is awful, but yet, you do not produce your own.

Hmm, and I'm suppose to believe you???

Not.

You put two cents in, but, you can't even produce a dime.

Yeah, okay.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Edited.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Double agreed.

OP, you know how many videos there are saying that something is coming right at earth?

Remember Elinin?

The bad thing about this is that if/when something is really happening, nobody will believe it cause too many people have cried wolf too many thousand times.

Camera's do weird things sometimes.

I'm not saying you cant catch a strange object in space, i'm just saying these anomalies are always most likely created by the camera/telescope.

I love watching videos of that Sun though, very cool!

Weird how camera anomalies always seem to happen when pointed up towards space.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I'm more of artist then you'll ever be sweetheart. Oh, so conveniently took that down, did you? Don't worry, I saw that comment.

[Tapping] ....prove your lens flare theory....please. I'm waiting... [patiently] Please let it be sometime soon, and not eons later.

You've said that you have seen it a 1000 x, then prove it.

It's like that quote that people always say:
"Put your money, where your mouth is"

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

[Tapping] ....prove your lens flare theory....please. I'm waiting... [patiently] Please let it be sometime soon, and not eons later.

Go through this thread I posted earlier (try page 8):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another member does a great job of showing why it's lens flare.
edit on 9-1-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Double agreed.

OP, you know how many videos there are saying that something is coming right at earth?

Remember Elinin?

The bad thing about this is that if/when something is really happening, nobody will believe it cause too many people have cried wolf too many thousand times.

Camera's do weird things sometimes.

I'm not saying you cant catch a strange object in space, i'm just saying these anomalies are always most likely created by the camera/telescope.

I love watching videos of that Sun though, very cool!

Weird how camera anomalies always seem to happen when pointed up towards space.....

They don't. Camera anomolies happen all the time. Here's a picture that I took of my son a while back.

Guess what's causing the anomaly? That's right, the sun is overloading the sensor.

Here's a closer look.

Wow, that's odd. That pattern that we see looks a hell of a lot like the pattern found in the picture that manhater posted. Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Looks nothing like, but nice try, and not even close.

Star for at least trying though.

Adorable kid by the way.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm not qualified to comment on whether this object is a lens flare or not...I just know they look pretty, and those pictures are aesthetically pleasing, though quite pixelly.

If there was a planet between us and the sun which we do not know about "mystical black dot" then it would also have to obey keplers third law:
P^2=a^3
(P=period measured in years, a=size of orbit in AU (earth to sun is avg 1 AU)

the fact is its closer to the sun, so it should take less time to orbit however as it coincides with OUR orbit of the sun, its disobeying physics.

The blue dot...the fact we can even see it without magnification is telling us its pretty darn big. We can barely see Venus, or sometimes mars..maybe even Jupiter without a telescope in optimal conditions (i'm not sure), the point is these things are tiny in our night sky. Even the sun doesn't seem that large to us And the bodies "orbiting it" they are visible as well, they must have some crazy size right there (looks like the southern cross to me).

So we're left with theories.

1. The objects are within our solar system, have considerable size but not density (hollow perhaps)
2. The objects are outside of our solar system, perhaps another solar system, and somehow its gravity is not affecting our orbits of the sun (somehow treating our whole system as a single entity), or it has no sizable gravitational force.
3. hoax
4. some artifact created by the cameras involved.

I lean towards 3 and 4.

p.s. i like the poem
the dragons tail streaking ac cross our sky for six days sorta reminds me of the sun with an aurora trailing it induced by massive solar activity...far more realistic than these pictures.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Looks nothing like, but nice try, and not even close.

Star for at least trying though.

Adorable kid by the way.

It is very similar to the effect seen at the center of your flare.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join