It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Heading Right Toward Earth!!!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by LordDrakula

Sorry but your an idiot if you think something the mass of Elinin at the distance it was from the earth could have caused earthquakes
just
we have a body with MANY MANY TIMES the mass of that, and orbits the earth at less than 240,000 miles, YOU people cant seem to use an logic when you think!
edit on 9-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Well to be fair, if there really was a brown or "blue" dwarf, it would have a far greater gravitational pull that the moon does, but a comet? No way!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I have lurked around ATS for nearly 5 years now.

I must have seen HUNDREDS of threads about things "incoming", or earthbound, Nibiru this, Elanin that, "were all gonna feel the impact".

These threads are usually written with emphasis in the titles like "!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "Alert" or "Warning"

Yet, I have yet to see anything happen, or anything viewable by an above average telescope with thousands of amateur and professional Astronomers and Scientists worldwide.

Why is this payed attention to so much?

It's truly a "Cry Wolf" scenario on a daily basis here. To the point where most threads similar are reaching for something to be there, out there, near us and hurdling toward us.

I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Why is this not in the hoax section ... ?
Burnt out pixels heading right towards earth.
You gotta be kidding me

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I was passing, and thought I'd provide more fuel for the fire:

Clearly what we should all be worried about is that the solar system seems to be passing through a huge asteroid belt or another solar system; in the next picture I have marked what I believe to be some of the other planets that are heading right for us:

..on a serious note, you can clearly see that the lens flare does indeed have a leading line from the sun to it, and that the particles in this line (that are dust inside the camera enclosure) are lit brighter than others which is exactly what would be expected.

I assume more people have flagged this thread as it's a great example of how to troll

edit on 9/1/12 by Peteos because: First time I've used ATS's image uploading app.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
First of all, why so many exclamation marks in the thread's title (seven of them, to be precise)? Are you tryin' to scare the crap out of us? Or is you who is really, REALLY scared?

Second... a while ago I was being asked by a friend "Do you believe in ghosts?" and my answer was "I did never see one" because I have no scientific, esoteric or paranormal expertise to give an affirmative or negative answer; I also don't have evidence which would help me forming a belief concerning this matter. So, I prefer to treat these subjects with a bit of caution... what if they DO exist and, being pissed off royally because I'm an unbeliever, they will haunt me?

Why I put up this ghost thing... well, because beyond the huge fun I have reading these "Nibiru-type" threads, with lots of "undeniable proofs" and amateur-ish "analysis" by applying some Photoshop filters (and of course, the real astronomers are using the same filters, yeah, sure) I NEVER - and I mean NEVER - did see a real professional popping in and making a pertinent and airtight analysis of these so-called events. And I have a real problem with that.

Now, I am really grateful for the Internet - after all, I earn my money with it - and while I admit its huge contribution to the evolution of mankind, I cannot refrain myself from seeing it as a big, foggy environment, where everyone is an expert after reading Wikipedia or god knows what else. In the meantime, the real experts are behind the front line, doing real work, which we may not be aware of. I would like to see, for once, one of them on ATS, presenting some rock-solid credentials (not like "I-am-a-Scientist-and-I-can-answer-any-of-your-questions") and, once and for all, debunk this kind of thread, even by this all the fun will go away. I can take that risk.
So, is there anyone who have the real knowledge?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

I like this thread to explain lens flare. Link to thread

I hope this little bit of knowledge can be used for good. Let's get educated on lens flare shall we.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Jesus Christ ...... not this clip again....

THE BLUE BUBBLE IS A LENSE FLARE.... for god's sake ...stop letting yourselves fooled by some paranoid youtuber that has absolutely no experience in these things ...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
go to 4:25 and you will see more 'planets' coming toward Earth

it's just a lens flare,

/doom postponed

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by RMFX1

LENS FLARE: Lens flare does not.

NOT A LENS FLARE: Shows a solid object

Wow denial ain't just a river in Egypt, hey i'll sell you an underground bunker.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

Sorry but using a filter in photoshop does not prove your point its lens flare and the op black dot is sensor overload its that simple.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

Sorry but using a filter in photoshop does not prove your point its lens flare and a black dot is sensor overload its that simple.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just scrolled through all 10 pages and saw that no one called for their savior Phage maybe people are finally starting to think on their own back on topic maybe track it in a few weeks and see if it moves closer

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
make lots of fake claimes.
so the real one will never be belived.
just like UFOs

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordDrakula
Hmm....

This could be the real thing...

Here is the old pic :

and here vrom video :

That pic you linked isn't a planet with satellite's its a star with exo planets...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The day this sucker comes into reality, my balls shall strike the ground and cause an 8.0.

sorry, to not break the one line rulle, I shall add another line. This being it.

3rd, thanks for a funny read and video.
edit on 9/1/2012 by FreshNugget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Any planetary collision would have been seen in the night sky by now.

I think it's safe to say that the 2012/Nibiru theory was a very successful psyop.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If there was a brown dwarf between earth and the sun it would pull the earth and sun closer together like a magnet and we would all burn to death... Sure I'm no expert and my theory probably isn't factually correct with all the many other factors involved, venus and mercury gravity, and where did the brown dwarf come from? Is it poop from the sun? The gravitational pull from a brown dwarf would disrupt our solar system in a way that can't be hidden.

She is dillusional, I hope this isn't her job cause she is bad at it, and if its not she should get one or a hobby and not stare at the sun for two years, I'm sure space isn't that boring.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If this thing was so close to earth we would already have seen it , like our own moon! day or night we would have clearly seen it.Its a damn lens flare...
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
it might be fake nibiru is real

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
A brown dwarf between the earth and the sun? That could be a conspiracy theory all on its own, global warming anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join