It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part of who you are runs through your blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I introduced myself as having as checkered past , I was adopted and raised through foster care.

I always had a love for Native American people ..not just love , but a fierce advocate spirit for them that's gotten me kicked out of "pagan " circles before ..because I didn't agree with the stereotypes and how much they've been misinterpreted. It's gotten me into much trouble

I've had dreams In colonial times ...since I was five I've had flashbacks to that time ...I despised all religion since I was little .. I remember tearing up a bible when I was ten ...it was horrible to me.
I never believed in religion because no one could tell me why I had dreams that came true ...and why I had those flashbacks when I was little.
I was adopted when I was 5 years old ...I hunted down my biological father recently and found my uncle . I am apparently 25% Mattaponi Indian and many of relatives still live on the reservation.

How is that for a sense of "knowing" who we are and where we come from...

I really believe there is something to this wild connection we call life .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well yeah, it's like a Chinese child being brought up by a black family, who you are is always in your blood.

That's why doctors and mental health professionals ask if you have diabetes, depression or other health issues running in your family.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think we all have a sense of knowing who we are inside, no matter what we look like on the outside. For example, I am part Apache from my paternal grandmother. You would never know it looking at me because I am green eyed with dirty blonde hair and no facial features typically associated with Native American peoples.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not to dismiss your position but I think its purely coincidence. I mean a lot of people have a heavy interests in native american culture. Or any other interesting culture that is not like the one they are from. I doubt that if you grew up in Japan you would care about native americans because they would be outside of your bubble. Also, I dont understand why you felt the need to include the fact that you reject and despise religion. That is not a native american trait.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Not to dismiss your position but I think its purely coincidence. I mean a lot of people have a heavy interests in native american culture. Or any other interesting culture that is not like the one they are from. I doubt that if you grew up in Japan you would care about native americans because they would be outside of your bubble. Also, I dont understand why you felt the need to include the fact that you reject and despise religion. That is not a native american trait.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

My apologies, but I do have to agree with the tearing the bible up and hate religion thing. It was off-topic for the subject you are addressing. As for the knowing who you are, and the blood carrying who we are, I do agree with you on that.

Example, I was obsessed with Irish things when I was little. And I mean /obsessed/, even going so far as to try and copy their dialect. A few years later I found out my Grandad was pure Irish...so I do understand where you're coming from. ^^

new topics

top topics

join