It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Posters Give Their Location??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It doesn't have to be the town or city where you live but it would be enlightening if posters could at least indicate the country or at the very least the continent where they are.

From my point of view it is interesting to get some idea about the views people hold in certain areas.

I just wondered what others thought.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't really care, I just put down NYC...casue I am a "PROUD" New Yorker.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I just put "in a pond..." becaue it goes with my theme.(duck)

But if you really want to know, I'm from Wisconsin, in the U-S of A. And that's all you need to know.

But I'm planning on getting a new theme soon, so I'll have to change my location. Don't know what I'll put. I may just put down my real location.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
what does mine say?

nm guess i didnt fill that part out :p

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I really dont care either way.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Planet : Earth.

Mainland : Europe.

Nation : Belgium.

And now what ?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
And now what ?

Latitude and longitude, come on UP!!

About the thread, I agree with JB. I think it would make it more interesting to know at least what "area" someone is from.

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think they should be forced to give the exact address...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's got to be a personal choice, but I find it interesting to know where people live. I've U2U'd folks who live in places that I know, or have been to.

Personally, I have nothing to hide and don't mind other's knowing where I'm located.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It would have to be a "voluntary" sort of thing J-B; but I for one find it interesting to know where the poster of a worthwhile "reply" lives.
There are obviously false locations posted (language alone often gives it away); but I think genuine posters will tend to show that they live where they say they live, just from the content of their postings.
I'd be interested to know the breakdown by nationality of members but beyond chasing electronic addresses, one wouldn't get very far.
I've always assumed it was a majority of Americans with British/Canadian as distant runners up.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i just added my locaction mainly because i wanted to represent for the playoffs and here it is again...Go Pacers! Free Artest! that's where i stand.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm in the 'Kingdom of Nye', otherwise known as Nye County Nevada. Nye is one of the largest counties in the country. Not far from Area 51.
I think it's good to know where people are from.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yeh,I should just say that I didn't mean that posters should be forced to give a location.

For me if I read a view from france then that adds a dimension to the posts of that person.

If someone came from afghanistan I would like to know because it would add weight to their veiws in that region.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Because it's not like any of us will be knocking on someones door from ATS...
I can see it now-
"Oh hi!! It's me "magestica" from ATS So whatcha doing?? Can I come in??"
So I see no problem telling you guys where I live and vice verse

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
..you would be more than welcome to stop by if you're ever in the area.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
posted on 14-4-2003 at 12:58 PM
I just put "in a pond..." becaue it goes with my theme.(duck)

But if you really want to know, I'm from Wisconsin, in the U-S of A. And that's all you need to know.

But I'm planning on getting a new theme soon, so I'll have to change my location. Don't know what I'll put. I may just put down my real location.

JH. I'm from Wisconsin too. I wonder if you are the neighbor that is 500 pounds that insists on walking around his yard in his Speedos that is 3 sizes too small,

or the one that has the alien space ship that pops over every once in awhile.

new topics

top topics

join