It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Hrm... Oxymoron, not sure how "open" their minds where.

This doesn't seem related to SOPA, but what caused the shut-down?

[off topic mode]

HA kick em when they are down huh? I seem to recall a lot of ATS names on that SERPO list of Victors

Well your right, not a SOPA issue... best we can tell it was a slander issue with several complaints plus an internal splitup that resulted in another splinter forum

Dang same thing happened back with the Project Camelot/ Project Avalon mess... and that caused more splinter forums

Can't we all just get along? [/off topic mode]

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

I'm not american either but european. I completely agree with your post. Neither have I anything against ordinary joe's and jane's. Just like you I hate the US government or rather the Illuminati scum who controls both their government and now most every other government as well. So by stating this we will both happen to be put on their terrorist-lists if we haven't already long ago. To those US government chills who reads this, you can take your NWO and shove it up where the sun does not shine.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Bricks were shat.
Point well made....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Only have 1 Flag to offer!!! - I had just woken up and not had my coffee nor gone to the little boys room as one does before the mandatory coffee. Once I realized that it was an ATS Protest I went and signed the online petition and discovered I no longer needed either 1st and 2nd rituals done first thing every morning as I was wide awake and wet..... hmmmm too realistic but thanks Skeptic Overlord it got the point over and I hope all my fellow members have now signed the online petition by now......

Have a dry day ATS!!!!!!

edit on 1/9/2012 by IceHappy because: correct as per usual spelling

edit on 1/9/2012 by IceHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
HA kick em when they are down huh? I seem to recall a lot of ATS names on that SERPO list of Victors

Most of which were placed there by him. I have a block on emails from him at our email server.

Well your right, not a SOPA issue...

Which brings up an interesting SOPA-related point. As controversial websites go offline with no warning rather often, and SOPA techniques require a domain block as if the domain doesn't exist, how will we (users) know for certain if SOPA killed a site, or something else?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ATS just expresso-ed my morning expresso!!!!! Good grief! WARN US before we try to look at something with strong coffee and blood-shot eyes! LOL I don't need angina!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Get ready because it WILL happen!
Revelation warns you already that there will be "silence in the heavens for about an hour". Someone else pointed out that in Greek the word "SOPA" means silence.

Babylon revisited. I suspect that there was a very advanced civilization during the time the "Tower of Babel" was built. The scriptures say that the tower was destroyed because (TPTB) realized that the technology gave the masses the power to "accomplish great things". It was not destroyed by any "god", it was destroyed by the ruling powers. Just as today, something must be done because they are realizing that they are loosing their grip.

More than likely this "Tower of Babel" was a communications tower, just as we have today. A big clue should be the term "babel" as its meaning denotes talking or communicating. Funny how the religionists depict it as an adobe skyscraper!

If communications are silenced, you will have no way of knowing what is taking place any where in the world, much less what is headed your way! Of course the propaganda machines will still turn out their assignments.

I suspect a regime change is in the works. And the awakened masses will need to be blindfolded in order to set the new stage.

Piracy issue? Only when you realize that it is the Pirates who are already in control. Why do you think they call it "maritime"? Why do you think the masses are called "the seas"? And the pirates "ride" the seas!
edit on 9-1-2012 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

And this is board business how? Looks more like a thread starter to me.

OT: Got the notice again this morning. I'm very happy to see ATS, as a site, taking the issues near and dear to us, the members, to heart.

Keep up the eye opening, thought provoking, good work ATS

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well The Gubmint will always get the blame first anyway, because if a controversial site goes down it MUST have been shut down by one of the Alphabet Clubs.

One would think the service providers would fight to kill this bill, as they stand to lose the most as their clients get shut down

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Get ready because it WILL happen!
Revelation warns you already that there will be "silence in the heavens for about an hour". Someone else pointed out that in Greek the word "SOPA" means silence.

Babylon revisited. I suspect that there was a very advanced civilization during the time the "Tower of Babel" was built. The scriptures say that the tower was destroyed because (TPTB) realized that the technology gave the masses the power to "accomplish great things". It was not destroyed by any "god", it was destroyed by the ruling powers. Just as today, something must be done because they are realizing that they are loosing their grip.

More than likely this "Tower of Babel" was a communications tower, just as we have today. A big clue should be the term "babel" as its meaning denotes talking or communicating. Funny how the religionists depict it as an adobe skyscraper!

If communications are silenced, you will have no way of knowing what is taking place any where in the world, much less what is headed your way! Of course the propaganda machines will still turn out their assignments.

I suspect a regime change is in the works. And the awakened masses will need to be blindfolded in order to set the new stage.

Piracy issue? Only when you realize that it is the Pirates who are already in control. Why do you think they call it "maritime"? Why do you think the masses are called "the seas"? And the pirates "ride" the seas!
edit on 9-1-2012 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

Revelation warns you already that there will be "silence in the heavens for about an hour". Someone else pointed out that in Greek the word "SOPA" means silence

With all due respect......I doubt Revelations references this particular online policy. If it does, I think I can handle one hour without internet. Actually 'SOPA' means "Shut Up" in greek and I think the government is telling us to shut up on the internet, considering this is a government policy, hopefully revelations is going to "shut up" the governments mouths for one hour.....I am quite sure all of us could use an hour or more of silence in THAT particular arena.

It's more likely though, that they are saying that this is a bill that will shut up everyone on the internet that is leaking their evil deeds. Interesting enough the Personal Information protection Act or (PIPA) is also a Greek work also....and you don't want to know what that means.

As per the government joksters they love to laugh at us and sometimes they hide insults wrapped in technical jargon or bills, which removes our freedoms or agitates us in some way....all the while having a laugh at our expense.

If you put the two recent policies together SOPA/PIPA (pretty much two identical arrows in the heart of the same target) you get the English translation of Shut Up and Blo* Me. Hey, I don't make the rules, but here is proof that they do play these games.

Here is the Acrostic that Arnold Schwarzenegger left for the california State Assembly:

Upon reading this particular "coincidence", Arnold was reported as saying...

"My goodness. What a coincidence," said Schwarzenegger spokesman Aaron McLear. "I suppose when you do so many vetoes, something like this is bound to happen."

Maybe, but not likely. At any rate, If they treat each other like this.....how would they treat YOU.

If you don't know what an acrostic is, look it up and then come back and read the cryptic puzzle.

Mods, I apologize if this is in any way offensive, but I am just trying to make a point here for a very real situation that occurs in the government....I didn't write the stuff, but people should probably know when they are being treated like idiots by the gov't.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As we might all know or not (it does not matter, we will all know it one day) we are one big family. The reason I am saying this is I see the comments of users, mods, and site owner and felt they all relate to each other in different ways. If we stand up together holding our hands (this is metaphorical) we can get through any single thing, walls, obstacles, problems, etc.

I understand your feeling about this and i consider it as a time to remind ourselves that any what happens is not that much of a problem. This is because we, as a specie (I have a tendency to use this word often but this is necessary) are able to face anything.

This is a call to stay positive in front of every single thing that happens. Liberty to be removed should not be feared, the things we fear tends to happen.

I hope you understand my words for what they truly are.

Just some thoughts for you all,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I might get banned for this ,but a reminder from the past.

Here at AboveTopSecret.com we do NOT advocate anything, we don't endorse anything, we are the proverbial fence. Were we to endorse a cause or position we instantly become opposed to its counter position. In doing that we lose that side of the issue's representation here. The ONLY "officially sanctioned" thing we have ever participated in is giving money to a charity that teaches adults to read. We pulled out of that when we found out the material they were "teaching" with was nothing but ONE SIDED political propaganda! To think this site could possibly endorse one position of ANY topic is to utterly misunderstand why we built this site. The Denial of Ignorance is NOT a call to arms or action.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The reason I have posted this is because I was treated the same following those rules of not promoting activism.
edit on 11-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
To the site admins and moderators some high profile websites like Reddit are announcing blackout against SOPA/ PIPA (see ATS thread : Reddit Announces Blackout to Protest SOPA,. Has ATS thought of doing the same to raise awareness?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
but a reminder from the past.

So you equate taking a position in favor of free speech and an open Internet with that of opinionated activism?

There's no logic in your point.

We took a similar stance against legislative measures to silence "small-media" websites through inappropriate restrictions on online advertising methodology. I don't recall any issues similar to yours at the time, and this issue is even more important.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join