It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I tell you what its a great reminder of what could happen, I logged in and my first thought was WHAT?? Then Anger of How dare they! lol Then i read it and took a sigh of relief,

But it really makes you think about the uproar such a situation would cause,

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Just happened to me as well after a secong attempt i was able to log on

Same happened to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I saw the WHAT IF.....

Very cool, ATS.

I was trying to figure out how to close it, and then it disappeared after clicking a bunch. Guess it took me about 10 seconds to figure out how to close it down. LOL.

Keep the internet FREE!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well we can't have free speech in the New World Order can we...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
hehe ...goes to show how panic can be caused in a heart beat ..well done ats for proven this point

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
hehe ...goes to show how panic can be caused in a heart beat ..well done ats for proven this point

Agreed...well done ATS...panic in a heartbeat!

Now what do we do when it happens for real?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Just opened up ATS in my browser and never have I had a notice such as this...I should have screen printed it straight away.

It was a large full screen notice with the US Government seal on it stating that this website has now been blocked to all trying to access it care of the US Government Firewall or something to that effect.

Was only up for a second or two then continued on to ATS as per normal.

Anyone else come across this?
i received a website is banned msg. I hit reload & it page refreshed normally. Go figure!

XL5

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I saw it and for the tiniest moment I thought, huh, already? Then got a happy rush of yaay now people might get mad enough to do something, you know...outside infront of the people in power. Then I figured it out at the 3 second mark.

At least we know ATS will never give us up, let us down or desert us.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Here should be the image. Nice way to start the day!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It caught my attention and I read the post before I even signed in.

So ATS is getting scared now? "Why?", I ask. ATS is already highly self censored and controlling. ATS is a "model citizen" and shouldn't be so afraid like that.

I do, however, feel that the link toward the bottom of the page saying, to continue to enjoy your "freedom of speech" on ATS, should be changed to "controlled and censored" speech on ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I love it. Excellent 'in your face' approach to educate people about just how serious it it.

(and you know I'm a grumpy gus-ette these days ... so it's gotta' be good if I like it!)

Edited to add ... ya' know there are a lot of people addicted to ATS .. this'll set off their panic alarm!
They won't get their fix. It'll be interesting ....

edit on 1/8/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I thought ATS was conducting a joint exercise with the DHS.

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yep unless they changed it from taking full control over your broswer for a few seconds.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Cookiename - sopacookie
edit on 8-1-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

You got that right! I almost started hyperventilating!
Someone sent me something via email, and obviously I came here, as usual, to see if this specific rumor was true..glad to see I still have the freedom to do that! Good job Mods & ATS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Me, too.

Opened my account, and What The *BLEEP?^...

Knew it was coming, and it still scared the crap outta me... That should tell us all something, folks...

Even if you aren't American, you need to make sure that your govt. knows that any sort of nonsense such as this is out of line, and unforgivable.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

"Self censored" Self being the operative word there. We have a few things that we don't allow because to do so actually effects ATS's ability to be read everywhere.

If SOPA is passed, that word "self" becomes "them", and add to that "anytime they damned well please."...

That's the why's of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Yeah, that was deffinately an attention getter. I clicked the link to log in and that message poped up and I'm like "What the . . . !" then I read further down and seen that it was just a hint at what might be coming down the road shortly if people don't start waking up and paying attention to what is going on around us.
Thanks Mods.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Better get yourself a server based in Sweden or somewhere like that ATS.

Can't have the Little Hitlers controlling information and freedom of expression can we.

A bit of lateral thinking required...

...we just have to remind members that the Internet is International, therefore, Government Blocks can be worked around.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It reminded me of the banners that came up that time the DEA cracked down on online paraphernalia merchants. Operations Pipe Dream and Headhunter. That was one of Ashcroft's beauties. Yeah, remember THAT guy?

Anyway, ATS has nailed it,this is pretty much what you'll see if things go that route. Good job guys, a nice shocker first thing in the morning.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My first thought was, "What the hell did I do now?"

Point well made.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join