It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

yep,you are right.taking a couple of days off to regroup.

Later.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
reply to post by ShadowLink

The same has happened to me. I've explained my friends and family what SOPA is about (it's not so much on the news here in Argentina) and they just nod, say "ah" and walk away.

I know most of the times I bore them with things that they don't care about (mostly from ATS) but how can they NOT see how bad SOPA is? That it will change everything!

edit on 8-1-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

I hear you friend

My immediate family understands, cause I am constantly drilling it into them.
But others, they do the same "Bah" and walk away, or even go so far as to tell me I'm losing it.

I try my best to spread all the important information I obtain from ATS and other places. I don't freak out or panic and I do my best to make sure the info is legit before I spread it.

Isn't that part of what life is about? Enlightening others to what they are ignorant about and passing on knowledge.

Continue to do your part, don't let anyone get you down with their disapproval and all will be good.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow this SOPA firewall home screen gave me a sinking feeling upon seeing it! I had clicked on the site to get a daily dose of ATS. I was like, what the heck is SOPA blocking this wonderful site for? It gave me a scare when I seen it. I then read it was a protest! Way to go ATS!! I am so against this SOPA bill! I am aware what SOPA is to a large extent. Nasty stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thanks ATS. Wifey is looking over my shoulder when that screen comes up.

Now she thinks I am up to no good, hacking into the pentagon again or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What amazes me, well perhaps it shouldn't, is that people didn't spot it for what it was in the first place and just click on the bottom link that let you through.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
got it also when logged in - used several choice words in a few languages when that popped up...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Got me for a second because I had been online off and on all day via the cell and never saw the notice, but as soon as I logged on the computer, it showed up.

this is our "semi-dark" protest for SOPA

Noted.

edit on 8-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
this.

THIS.

My heart went into my throat and stomach simultaneously when I saw that. First thought in my mind was, "Oh my GOD, they can't DO this. Who can I write to?" And i realized I don't know ONE person's information off this site TO contact in case it DID go down.

Panic mode, I scrolled down and felt relief. My son tried to see it but couldn't sadly. So maybe you guys took it down. But my god. this impacted me big time. I can see TPTB doing this on all sites where anyone has a freedom of speech. How helpless I felt.

We need Ron Paul IN else this will be the norm and most sheeple will just bahhh for a few weeks then accept it 'because this is how it's supposed to be'.

I hate this country.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
When I came onto the site initially a few hours back I saw this and my heart skipped a beat and thought, "Oh flip, Oh no!". When I clicked on it it redirected me into the site!
edit on 8-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
All sites should start doing this. Good job ATS!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I''l be honest it fooled me for a second.

Its quite a shock, its like going to work only to find its closed down and someone demolished it during the night.

I'm just waiting for someone to report a heart attack.

I think it is a great way of raising awareness though

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
We got a quick bunch round here...ATS will lose half it's members because they'll think it's real

Yeah and another 25% to massive coronary failure... I wonder if they can seek compensation for that?

Nice way to make a point though.

But I find it amusing to see how many panicked first then read the what if

Ya know, if SOPA wins, we could all go back to having a life outside of our caves

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Ya know, if SOPA wins, we could all go back to having a life outside of our caves

And that is the scariest part.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If you'd read it carefully, there would be no need for a thread like this.

It was just a preview of what we COULD see under SOPA.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Did any of you chicken littles even bother to read the screen in front of your face before you went running to make a thread on the "ATS Board" forum-I mean really you couldn't figure this out?? Ugh-no wonder the aliens won't save us.....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I don't doubt this is an important issue in the USA but it's a non event to most people elsewhere. As a non USA person living in non USA-land I have no congressman or senator to petition about the subject.

Some criticise ATS for being too much American. It can't really be denied now, seeing tokenism like this writ large when everyone logs in.

Time for US contributors to get their own ATS site I think. That'll cut out the appalling political rhetoric we'll be subject to as the US Presidential election looms large.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This was very scary for me for a few seconds until I saw it was a spoof?

Why?

Because I have actually seen this happen FOR REAL to many of my favourite sites!

You want to know what the real thing looks like?

Check out these sites

tvshack.net...
movies-links.tv...
filespump.com...

And many more...

Also note the underhand way they use their youtube video

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
when i first saw it i was like WTF then i remembered about SO talking in a thread about protesting by blacking out site phew - if i lose ats it would mean id have to go and talk to real people
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Also note the underhand way they use their youtube video

Personally i think it's a good movie, but here on ATS i stand alone with my oppinion about piracy and that people do lose their job because of all the idiots stealing media instead of buying it.

Though i find it interesting that also the german government links to this video on websits they took down (like kino.to, another one of those damned movie stream sites)
Sadly people like you will ignore it, because "piracy is cool!!!!111"

As for the US Government Firewall Image: It's funny that so people went crazy or were near tears. Is it so hard to read? After i saw it, my first thought was "Oh, the site got hacked". Because i once had a virus on my PC that displayed a similar image, saying my PC is blocked because i did some things i didnt (it looked very official with the Bundeskriminalamt (Federal Criminal Police Office) Logo and all)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Scared the crap out of me this morning, excuse the language. Great to see ATS highlighting the issue IMO.

Well done ATS, its a shame many more larger websites are not following your lead

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join