It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Seriously, you said you cannot get on to ATS still....Yet you are on ATS, logged in and posting. Maybe I am just not getting what you are on about.

I still can't get on to ATS.

So, what did you mean? Because you are on ATS right now.
edit on 8-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think all the big sites who oppose SOPA should be doing this, and right NOW!

I read some like Google FaceBook and a bunch of others were gonna go "dark" on the day of the vote.
WTF is the point on the day of the vote?
No doubt the congress reads emails during session, but by then it's too late.

They should be doing this now so congress and others have time to sift through the epic amounts of complaints in their inboxes.

There is also this thread that I just posted for any who haven't seen it.
Alternative to SOPA
edit on 8-1-2012 by ShadowLink because: Spelling and link

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I got it too, and I still can't get on to ATS.

You are on ATS now and posting.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Redundant post removed.

edit on January 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yeah, I am still wondering that myself....

They are logged in and posting on ATS, so I don't get the claim that they cannot get on to ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

I think they were going to do it the day before the vote.

There’s no information yet on when the blackout would occur, but the most likely date right now would be January 23. The Senate is scheduled to debate SOPA on January 24.

Source

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Gimme, GEL he was just being sarcastic and ironic...

Like..."I just looked in the mirror and saw that I was blind"

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I stand corrected on the date, thanks.
However to me it still seems like saying the boat has a hole in it, AFTER it's at the bottom of the lake.

The more foreknowledge the masses have the better.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Gimme, GEL he was just being sarcastic and ironic...

Like..."I just looked in the mirror and saw that I was blind"

Well, at least some one caught on to their humor.

Thanks for the heads up. My apologies for being slow on that one

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

True. But the anger would still be fresh when they vote. They should start the black out maybe a couple of days/a week before the vote so more people see it, but more than that won't have the same effect, I think.

SOPA has been discussed for a while now and there are people who still think it won't change anything and just ignore it.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
While the site owner is trying to raise awareness i had to laugh because i knew some people on here would literally pee their pants and thought it was the Government.

Skeptic you rock man!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Seriously, you said you cannot get on to ATS still....Yet you are on ATS, logged in and posting. Maybe I am just not getting what you are on about.

I still can't get on to ATS.

So, what did you mean? Because you are on ATS right now.

No I'm not.

Numero dos.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Talk about making a statement.

I knew this was coming, and it still scared the crap out of me when I logged in today.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

SOPA has been discussed for a while now and there are people who still think it won't change anything and just ignore it.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

THATs the part that worries me!

I have been fighting and spreading this all I can, and it's pissing me off the lack of concern I am seeing.
Posted links and videos on FaceBook, NO response at all, not even a like!
I guess all 250+ of my friends are idiots.

Oh well, I guess that's the job of being a conspiracy theorist. The disdain and strange looks you get from others when trying to enlighten them and rally support.

edit on 8-1-2012 by ShadowLink because: *sp

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Kinda strange ? How this thread whilst four pages thus far ...has received far fewer replies than what would reasonably be expected if anywhere near the majority of ATS members were visited by the page info.

Could it be that only a few of ATS members are seeing this message page?

I saw it after posting an incisive thread on Alien Moon munchings of Humans to paraphrase the title of the thread.

Are thos egetting too close to truth being warned?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The same has happened to me. I've explained my friends and family what SOPA is about (it's not so much on the news here in Argentina) and they just nod, say "ah" and walk away.

I know most of the times I bore them with things that they don't care about (mostly from ATS) but how can they NOT see how bad SOPA is? That it will change everything!

edit on 8-1-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
OMG people calm down. At the top it says "WHAT IF" and then the notice is below it, ON the fake notice it says click to view the site normally and its all fine. Deny Ignorance much? Read it before you freak out like this wow...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Kinda strange ? How this thread whilst four pages thus far ...has received far fewer replies than what would reasonably be expected if anywhere near the majority of ATS members were visited by the page info.

Could it be that only a few of ATS members are seeing this message page?

I saw it after posting an incisive thread on Alien Moon munchings of Humans to paraphrase the title of the thread.

Are thos egetting too close to truth being warned?

It appears once every 24 hours.

For the next few days, this is our "semi-dark" protest for SOPA. Everyone coming to ATS (forum pages) will see the protest image once every 24 hours. The desired ATS content page still loads "behind" the protest image, so there should be minimal inconvenience for members.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I saw the FAUX Government Warning on ATS today too.

I thought it was real and the emotion I felt scared me for a few seconds.

It made a good point.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

My interpretation of the SOPA/PIPA issue is sympathetic to your initial thread & I share your disgust, but the politically biased & unprofessional pseudo-warning screen dilutes the integrity of this forum almost as much as the consistently outlandish “I need a friend (or therapy) posts” in the context of “what would you do if you found an ET looking at you from inside your toilet bowl” type of threads.

“Deny Ignorance” is to encourage ignorance as anti-piracy costs capitalists money is to piracy costs capitalists money. Thanks for letting us know that not only will you occasionally remind us of manners and decorum, but you will grant us a reprieve from critical objectivity.

Interesting that website owner(s) will use their site to instill fear and dictate personal views about public policy within a conspiracy forum laden with recurring stories of dictatorial perpetrations.

Your new 24-hr alert system caused me to ponder the thought that legislation won’t harm the ATS network; to the contrary, propaganda in the guise of paranoid speculation is a fairly transparent construct laying the groundwork for introducing membership fees. Of course, in lieu of potential litigious action resulting from safeguarding ‘truths’, it’s only natural these costs be borne by ‘truth seekers’.

This is a conspiracy forum, so conspiracy forum is to bastardizing conspiracies about forum owners’ motives as conspiracy forum is to bastardizing conspiracies about government motives.

edit on 8-1-2012 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join