It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Firewall Banning Notice on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i believed it too, i thought WTF is going on, im lucky i scrolled down. SOPA should stand for Stupid Overly Paranoid (government) America

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation guys....it wasnt up long enough for me to fully digest it, but I caught the main words and the seal pics......

appreciate you guys clearing it up.

Well done site owners, great way to get a protest message across.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thank you SO and the other owners for doing this. This needs to be way out more in the open than it has been and the repercussions shown to everyone.

On the other hand...just before I read the blue print on the bottom of the image about continuing to surf, I was already looking for a way to "hack" my ATS back up where I could see it again!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I will just add that this was even more scary for us non-US residents...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I saw it too....

My initial reaction was "what the...?" made me angry

I then saw the "what if " and knew it was ATS content.

If the "What if" became reality then I would be really ticked off because I am not American and as far as I am concerned, I do not have to abide any by rules Uncle Sam makes. When it comes to cyber space and what I do or do not do on the 'net, Uncle Sam can GO TO HELL. The US government does NOT OWN the internet.

Did you here me? "You do not own the internet"

How dare any government block the freedom of people anywhere on this planet to share information?
I am a avid reader, a history graduate and still like to do heaps of research on the 'net. I am grateful that I have the intellect and education to pose questions and seek answers; to dismiss or embrace theories; to be discerning and think for myself and not be some kind of dumbed down freak that believes what the TV tells me.

I am Australian but seeing my government is so far up Uncle Sam's arse, if this were to happen my spineless government would just tag along and do as the US government bids.

And people wonder why I am so outspoken about the liaison between out two countries....

Let me also add that I do not hate Americans, or any other culture but I do hate all this talk of sanitising and scrutinising what people can see, read, hear and say.

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Congratulations, and "Thank You", to ATS Wizards/ Certainly The BEST way to get a message across/

Hope this helps each and evry visitor to Think and Think Again.

Keep up the good work and let's hope the next Worldwide Dance is not a Doomsday Shuffle..........

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Indeed, never before have people before from all over the world been able to talk to each other real-time and exchange ideas and information, since the internet. And They don't like it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

i almost had an aneurism because of this and then i saw the what if on the side
but this is gonna start becoming common pretty soon (the blocking not the protesting part)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Im crushed i never got this on my computer when i logged in

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
I saw it too....

My initial reaction was "what the...?" made me angry

I then saw the "what if " and knew it was ATS content.

If the "What if" became reality then I would be really ticked off because I am not American and as far as I am concerned, I do not have to abide any by rules Uncle Sam makes. When it comes to cyber space and what I do or do not do on the 'net, Uncle Sam can GO TO HELL. The US government does NOT OWN the internet.

Did you here me? "You do not own the internet"

How dare any government block the freedom of people anywhere on this planet to share information?
I am a avid reader, a history graduate and still like to do heaps of research on the 'net. I am grateful that I have the intellect and education to pose questions and seek answers; to dismiss or embrace theories; to be discerning and think for myself and not be some kind of dumbed down freak that believes what the TV tells me.

I am Australian but seeing my government is so far up Uncle Sam's arse, if this were to happen my spineless government would just tag along and do as the US government bids.

And people wonder why I am so outspoken about the liaison between out two countries....

Let me also add that I do not hate Americans, or any other culture but I do hate all this talk of sanitising and scrutinising what people can see, read, hear and say.

take care all
res

i remember seeing something on ats about the u.s forcing spain into sopa / something like sopa
the u.s is gonna flex its military and economic muscles and force other countries into it
p.s im also australian

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Am I alone in thinking this is very tacky,People may have heartattacks or be eating and choke on cooked food.

Also we are not all American...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
LOVE IT!!!

Sure made me think, and to be honest, I would like to see other sites do this as well, this needs wake up the sheeple.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
For the next few days, this is our "semi-dark" protest for SOPA.

That is a BRILLIANT protest that is clearly grabbing peoples attention. I signed the petition as posted by you in your thread about SOPA.

I will be spreading it around to friends and family and I encourage everyone to do the same!

Thank you Bill.
edit on 7-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I got it too, and I still can't get on to ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Im crushed i never got this on my computer when i logged in

I guess you will. It is going to repeat for everyone once every 24 hours for the next few days according to Bill.

I saw it and I freaked out for half a second.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Then how did you post? You are on ATS if you are posting under your username.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

And we all need to fight this big brother attitude. I wonder how we can do this?

They feed on the "dumbed downs" falling into line and sadly they are the majority.

I happen to be in the minority and will not fall into line

res

edit on 7-1-2012 by resistancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
its amazing how unsurprising this is.

this is all a very good example of how this sort of thing happens for real.

so very very VERY few people are willing to spend more than a few moments reading and paying attention in order to answer their own questions themselves. everyone is so used to having everything handed to them, they will take poison or medicine without wasting a second thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Stay tuned...I am sure it will be playing in a theater near you soon too.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Then how did you post?

Seriously?

Or was that in jest as well?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join