It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some remixes for you to cirtique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hey, my friend had shown me this program, and I've been doing some song remixes off it. Here's two of them, could you tell me what you think about them?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm not a professional musician, but i've spent a lot of time in different bands, so I thought I'd give my opinion.

I see you have potential, but it would help to have a consistent bass line to tie all the different song samples together. Right now it sounds like one song instantly transitioning into another. You can still have all the different samples you want if you treat them more like verses.(not exactly, but that's what came to mind)

Personally, I really enjoy when songs, especially remixes, have a sort of "build up." This isn't the same genre and Idk if it'll get my point across but at least listen to 0:40-0:51

www.youtube.com...
Chasing the dragon- august burns red

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Sounds cool but they are way too short?

What program you using?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'm using audacity, and I orriginally made the songs short for memory because i the first one was a mixture of various remixes to be a this is what i've been working on. I'll do the bassline that meesterB suggested

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The only thing i would suggest is to try and make them flow into each other a little smoother. When mixing different songs together try to find parts that sound similar or are similar rhythmically or tempo wise. This is easier on the listeners ears. Some of the transitions seemed kind or abrupt, unless of course that was what you were going for
just my two cents

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VinnyPNY

OK, thanks for the advice, I have been trying to combine effects and tempos so they flow from song to song more smoothly

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I did another one today, trying the advice you gave me on the mixing and tempos. I saw a few spots where the sounds got too loud, and apologize for that.

new topics

top topics

join