It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Master Programmer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot lately...ever since I watched a video here on ATS (see below) that did an incredible job of illustrating what complex organisms we are. The other night I had a thought and it all came together for me; a way of explaining things that I think most people nowadays can relate to. I wanted to share it.

Did you know that a single strand of your DNA in one of the trillion plus cells in your body right now, is more complex than ANY computer ever created? The greatest minds of our time can't even come close to understanding how it is written...but it is an amazing creation that runs our organic machines better than any program we ever dreamt of conceiving.

Anyone with any level of intelligence couldn't possibly believe that this happened at random. It was designed. It was created and executed. I of course believe that God is our Master Programmer. He wrote the program that is our DNA and he did so with a purpose.

Now everyone knows what a computer virus is, right? It disguises itself, worming its way in and either stalling, manipulating, or sometimes destroying programs to the point that our computer crashes. You realize that these were named for the human counterpart? The viruses that invade our bodies are also works of art. You should study them. It's scary. They will literally takes bits and pieces from your cells and camouflage themselves so they can sneak into your cells and damage or re-write your DNA, making you sick, forming cancers and sometimes causing a system 'crash'. Now who do you think created these viruses? Because I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned they certainly didn't form on their own. I do not believe that God would make something that would harm and destroy his own creation. I do, however, believe that satan would. SO. Let's refer to satan as the 'hacker' to our programs. Trying to weasel his way in and destroy.

What is the first thing you do when you get a new computer? Before you would ever even think of getting on the internet and downloading anything? That's right. An anti-virus protector. You would never think of exposing your computer to that very real threat. So let's call Jesus and the Holy Spirit our MacAfee. Jesus was sent to us by God our Creator to cleanse us of our sins and give us the armor we needed against satan. To protect our very souls and lead us back to him. HE is our firewall.

So my question to you is this: Are you running your program without a firewall? Are you vulnerable to attack? Is satan hacking you right now, his viruses both literal and also disguised as money, lust, fear to eat away and destroy? I have good news for you. God has provided you with free and easy protection available for download whenever you are ready to receive it. All you have to do is ask.

This program is long but well worth the watch:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
S&F westcoast,

I obviously have not viewed the video yet, but have it slotted on the to-do list, it looks quite interesting, thank you. I am on somewhat the same page as you in that our complexities are very extensive.

Not to derail, but I posted something along the same line of thinking though narrowed to one body part in comparison to today's technology, in which we have a LOT left to learn. I enjoy threads that explore how life was created and the complexities therein.

At your leisure...

Functionality of the Human Brain Compared to Functionality of Basic Computer Operation

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Theres a guy in the bible that has the best antivirus software against that satan guy... And it only costs you your self...

Wait.... satan is a hacker?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You had such a great story until you involved god...

But you cannot fight evolution. Ok, let's say we didnt evolve. Can you say evolution never occurs??? It's proven that it does. Animals that move to colder climate adapts and there DNA automatically changes. So why couldn't humans have evolved?? Humans have, from the very first organism that "LUCKILY" formed. Although it was really hard, it had ALOT of time to happen.

Sorry to poop on your parade, but just saying my 2c.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's refreshing to find another that understands the handy work of GOD. Great post!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

Evolve??? Really? The oldest caucasian ever found was 7500 years ago, given that carbon dating is not perfect and can be changed with heat/fire...that puts it right into the biblical start. In the bible God made man in His image...giving a clue that He had made man before, but not in His image....they did not work out. As we can see today, they still don't, even mixed with "man created in His image" which is the very reason the Creator had to become human and be the sacrifice, after all, he made the mistake, He has to own it. Just as we do. God became a human and paid the price of ignorant human behavior, we are still responsible for our thought process. You either get it or you do not! Sheep know their sheperd, they will not go to a stranger.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Why can't God and evolution both exist?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Like Xyn said, great post before you pushed that religious agenda of yours. Religion is a waste of time, the complexity of DNA however, feels astoundingly right. Even as far as particles in time and space go, everything is so complex. WE are complex. The problem is, we aren't complex enough to uncover new truths about the complexion of life consistently and constantly. This results in us turning to things such as religion, or any guide that can put a hand on our back and make us feel safe. Humans have been extraordinary so far in being self-sufficient and exploring possibilities that just a 100 years ago would baffle almost everyone. There is so much to be said, and so few ears to listen.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Evolution however, is an entirely different beast. That subject interests me to no end, and no amount of research would please me as much as seeing evolution in real action.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They pretty much do as far as humans are concerned on this planet, that is, depending on which DNA pool your beliefs and/or opinions swim in.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by football6

Doesn't a butterfly technically evolve within its cocoon?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i recently watched Tron followed by Tron Legacy. Have you seen either of these? They're about life created by a master programmer and take place in a world inside a computer chip. In Tron Legacy, Jeff Bridges' character creates the world, but the world ends up eventually manifesting it's own life forms, beside the ones he himself had formed.

your point is very similar to this.

nice one

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Why can't God and evolution both exist?

Because under your guise, evolution exists because god created all living things...

Unfortunately, that piece of logic will either confuse or irritate you - sucks to think so linear, huh..?

Master Programmer..? No, Master of Puppets...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BobLoblaw84

Yes i've seen them both... i liked the first one better for some reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
You had such a great story until you involved god...

But you cannot fight evolution. Ok, let's say we didnt evolve. Can you say evolution never occurs??? It's proven that it does. Animals that move to colder climate adapts and there DNA automatically changes. So why couldn't humans have evolved?? Humans have, from the very first organism that "LUCKILY" formed. Although it was really hard, it had ALOT of time to happen.

Sorry to poop on your parade, but just saying my 2c.

There is HUGE difference between macro and micro evolution. Of course we adapt. Over the past several thousand years our bones have changed slightly, the way our muscles attach, the amount of hair, our teeth and perhaps even our brains. This is how we have adapted to our environment and diets. That is something completely different from saying that the extremely complex human body changed from a tadpole, to a lizard, to a monkey to a man. It simply doesn't make sense and hasn't even come close to being even remotely proven.

Nope. No poop there...not even a bunny turd.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Actually it neither confuses or irritates me... I find it quite obvious...

what "guise" are you speaking of?

Thanks for the warm greeting either way

edit on 7-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

Thank you! Handiwork it is. I don't care what name someone gives him, but he is our creator. I don't understand how someone can look at our bodies (any part of it) and not realize that it was planned and made.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by football6
Like Xyn said, great post before you pushed that religious agenda of yours. Religion is a waste of time, the complexity of DNA however, feels astoundingly right. Even as far as particles in time and space go, everything is so complex. WE are complex. The problem is, we aren't complex enough to uncover new truths about the complexion of life consistently and constantly. This results in us turning to things such as religion, or any guide that can put a hand on our back and make us feel safe. Humans have been extraordinary so far in being self-sufficient and exploring possibilities that just a 100 years ago would baffle almost everyone. There is so much to be said, and so few ears to listen.

Ummmmmmm....."before you pushed that religous agenda of yours" Really? I swear, that statement is like a mantra. Please tell where in my post I advocated ANY type of religion? Do you assume because I believe in God that I must also have a "relgious agenda" to push? Sorry to disapoint, but I don't. I actually have big issues with organized religion.

I believe in God. I believe in the holy spirit. Sorry if that offends you. I promise not to judge you though, if you don't judge me. Fair??

I agree with you that we most certainly are complex. I also agree that our brains, as most of them are today, are also not complex enough to understand our existence. For me personally, the closest I come to understanding it is when I am in meditative prayer and connected to that energy that is life and love. I have come to understand this energy as God/the holy spirit. Anyone else that has experienced it knows what i am talking about. It is bigger than us, it puts us in our place. Once you realize how small you are, but how connected we all are to one another and what we are meant for....everything else is, well....small in comparison.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I do not believe in a religion, religion is man made. Yeshua, GOD, explained that while He was here as a human. But, I can say that as Yeshua said, "go to the secret room where only the Father can hear you". THE MIND! Communicate with God in your mind, your thoughts, be His friend. That is all He has ever asked of us....God just wants to have friends that He can trust, that is why He made us.
The sad part is....we cannot be trusted. Which is why God became a human......as a sacrifice, the scriptures tell us, but I believe that God really wanted to be a human and unfortunately...our humanity let Him down. He proved that humans can do good, and millions around the globe actually do, but sorry to say...the bad out weighs the goood in people. We deserve everything that we get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join