It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Bankers Facing Jail And a Word About UK Papers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Article< br /> Is this some kind of red herring? A good old fashioned wind up? Or justice about to be served at last.....is this a political move that will anger the world management team.....All I can say is be careful because a lot of these individuals are psychopaths so maybe a padded cell is more appropriate? I fear this may be a soon to be buried as a news item. To those who do not approve of me posting articles from the UK Daily Mail all I can say is; are not papers such as the Independent and Guardian who pretend to be left wing and cool, much worse? They are very sneaky and totally into the 'Nanny State' At least the Mail blows the whistle on BB tactics and is quick and to the point.
edit on 7-1-2012 by cyoshi because: HTML bleed can not be corrected

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I need to to know if Greedy bankers are going to jail... Who is going to open the banks on Monday?
Because they are all greedy

Send them all!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The Guardian and the Independent are not worse than the Daily Mail. Just no, at least the people write for The Guardian and the Independent are well-educated and informed. Plus, The Daily Mail make up lies all the time, they're disgustingly right-wing and find stories about Cheryl Cole more important than actual news.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Living in England i'm well aware of the Daily Mail's tendancy to hype up news stories and misrepresent facts but even if this is exagerated it is still a step in the right direction. Unfortunately I suspect we won't be able to back-date prior to any law being passed and serve out justice to those originally responsible.

I couldn't find another source for the news other than this Press Association post:

Bank chiefs who steer major institutions to the rocks and damage the economy could face jail under new laws being considered by ministers. The Treasury said a new offence of corporate negligence is among options being considered to increase the tools available to punish reckless bankers.

Reckless bankers could go to jail

It may, however, be a twist on another story making headlines at the moment:

David Cameron has signalled his intent to give shareholders binding votes on executive pay, as part of measures to deal with excessive salaries.

BBC News: David Cameron targets 'excessive pay' for executives

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Greedy bankers who destroy people's lives due to their evil UNLIMITED greed and corruption, should be tossed into a lions den full of hungry and angry lions...

...then whatever is left of their corrupt devilish bodies should be hanged on display for the other up-coming corrupt devils to be reminded that it is WRONG to destroy PEOPLES LIVES for your own UNLIMITED EVIL and GREED.

edit on 7-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Interesting snippet - The Mail is no different to any Media Outlet - They all have their own Agendas - it is up to the reader to judge for themselves - truth or fiction has always been a balancing act. Don't Blame the Messenger if you want complete and honest truth every time you read or hear a news item - you're in for a very very very long wait.

Nothing Has Changed!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Daily mail?! = squirrels are stealing your jobs! Its crap like the mail that make me shout in pubs, all they try and do is round up public anger into an irrelivent victim. Example;

Job losses = immigrants
Bad tasting beer = regulations, maybe in-forced by immigrants
Regulations = government, that was voted in by imigrints?

Its the daily mail, read if you dare to laugh at heart problems, it's full of right winged properganda, you might as well read spiderman as your news source.

No offence pointed towards the OP by the by, but the daily mail is nothing more than a fear mongering bog roll.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is pure hogwash , Cameron and Osborne know damn well how bad it is going to get for ordinary people , this is pure PR , soundbite lies , they are both beholden to the likes of Golman Sachs , JP Morgan etc , this is why Cameron will not see the city of London be affected with any rules / laws that stop the big four banks channeling there dodgy deals through the city, they cannot get away with the fraud in the US, because of laws , laws that London does not have. Any banker seen to be put on trial will be a lowly bankster , not any of the big boys , I have no doubt they will create a show trial for the public , to keep them thinking, well they are now doing something , WAKE UP please.

new topics

top topics

join