It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's scarier? The NWO's Master Plan or no Conspiracy at all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Would like to get some thoughts and opinions on all of this, since this site is founded upon beliefs in shadowy government operation (which no doubt exist), aliens, corruption, etc. etc.

It's also a very common and popular belief (for myself as well) that there is an Illuminati/NWO global cabal at work making decisions at functions like Bilderberg/behind closed doors at the UN/Bohemian Grove, etc.

But what if it's all complete bull? What if Area 51 really is just a top secret Air Force base used to test new craft? What if we DID land on the moon and just found a big old rock? What if it was Oswald and ONLY Oswald? What I mean is - What if no one's really in charge?

In some ways I think we (again, myself included) use this global cabal as a way to make life easier. Just as religions use myth to simplify life in to "GOOD VS. EVIL. We like to believe there is some malignant force in control of the planet looking to rob us of our freedoms, turn us in to slaves and eventually wipe out 80% of us and put microchips in those that remain.

But is that just because it is somewhat of a comforting thought? The way that Al Qaeda is a nice black-and-white "enemy" of the US? The Illuminati makes life easier for us - They're easy to hate. We have a single direction at which to point our collective finger. And it means that there is someone running what is an otherwise chaotic, messy, bloody world we live in. We get something out of having an enemy so faceless and nameless as the Illuminati - Hope. That we are good and they are bad and maybe we can win if we all get our s*** together. Just as the US used the Al Qaeda scapegoat to give Americans hope and a false perception of freedom and justice.

I dunno just some thoughts bouncin around my head - thoughts, opinions?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Another thread asking ATSers opinion. A lazy way to get stars and flags.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Do you understand?Do you believe yourself free? Why are you afraid? I am but , lets not answer this question, lets join together, lets believe. All that matter IS WE ARE ONE. we ARE TOGETHER DONT BE SCARED, THE TRUTH
edit on 7-1-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

In answer to the thread title... No conspiracy at all.

Because all the data point to conspiracy. And if all the data are wrong...mean nothing...can We trust ANYTHING? Any data at all?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Another thread asking ATSers opinion. A lazy way to get stars and flags.

Lol I'm not gonna get any stars and flags for this buddy...and I also don't need any

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
an evil force controlling the world and trying to turn us all into slaves is a comforting thought for you?

al qaeda is a convenient excuse to treat all people as terrorists, and the illuminati is a convenient excuse to distrust all government officials, but that distrust happens on internet forums, whereas the al qaeda distrust happens within the highest levels of government.

reality goes against many naive assumptions about the world and that is why history is simplified. the truth is covered up and what is left is exploited, it may not be the same group every time but it is the same tactic: deception through an authority figure or official outlet. People tend to believe outrageous lies so long as it seems like color of law.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by Hawking

In answer to the thread title... No conspiracy at all.

Because all the data point to conspiracy. And if all the data are wrong...mean nothing...can We trust ANYTHING? Any data at all?

This. Spot on.

To OP: if you have doubts on some of the conspiracy theories, you are just a lazy researcher. Plenty of evidence for most of them (although some you mention can be a bit dubious, like the microchip one, as well as others like the reptilian one) but there is no doubt about others like the Illuminati existing,

And the evidence would hold up in court.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's interesting though because if it's true and all the conspiracies are a bunch of stories made up by people creating nothing but fear and money, then it stands to reason pretty much everyone here on ATS is waisting there time with all of this. If that's true, they'd probably refuse to accept it because of all the time spent believing and researching - their world would collapse around them.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I think I get what you are saying.

It is definitely easier for the masses to point fingers at an invisble bogeyman, than to actually do something. It's much easier to believe that things are out of our control, because if it wasn't, with a bit of effort and work we could actually change the world. That is, if the people who exist in top section of the world pyramid wasn't so lazy, cold, or indifferent.

It is scarier to think that all of the wrong in the world is the direct result of collective and individual apathy, as opposed to forces actually working against good in the world. It would mean that the collective humanity is quite evil.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
For me, neither are scary because I kno the whole "NWO" thing is BS and no conspiracies being true.....well, that's how life is.

People embellish real life to fit their own clouded judgments and as a coping mechanism.

Area 51 was a secret test base that went so far as to paint silhouettes of craft on the floor to mess with the Soviet spy planes that flew overhead trying to see what they were doing there.

We landed on the Moon several times.

A secret spy craft crashed in Roswell.

9/11 and other terrorist events were committed by extremists who wanted to cause maximum panic and fear in the Western world.

Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman firing seveal bullets and killing JFK with one of them.

All of those are facts and backed up by mountains of evidence. The problem is that as I said, people's lives are so dull or they're so affected that they either make things up to have the world seem more exciting and mysterious or they come up with all kinds of theories because they can't cope with the reality of what happened.

Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by Hawking

I think I get what you are saying.

It is definitely easier for the masses to point fingers at an invisble bogeyman, than to actually do something. It's much easier to believe that things are out of our control, because if it wasn't, with a bit of effort and work we could actually change the world. That is, if the people who exist in top section of the world pyramid wasn't so lazy, cold, or indifferent.

It is scarier to think that all of the wrong in the world is the direct result of collective and individual apathy, as opposed to forces actually working against good in the world. It would mean that the collective humanity is quite evil.

Wow...well put. Yeah I guess it would mean instead of some 'invisible' evil force it would just mean we all kind of suck - guess that's where the hopelessness comes in

top topics

join