It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

keep my husband in your thoughts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
He will be fine, lots of prayers and good energy from members were sent to him, as you can see. He will soon come back stronger.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I will be Praying for this fellow today. Thank you for letting all of us in here know what has happened. Salute to your Husband for all of his selfless service to others. If there is something you need please let all of us here know.

Regards,

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

With God's speed, I hope your husband recovers quickly.

Once he feels up to it, hand him his laptop and I'm sure we can find ways of cheering him up

many prayers for you, your husband and your family

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Your husband will be in the prayers of my family. It was the prayers of ATS that helped save the life of my infant son in 2010. The loving collective intent of ATS is an awesome force.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
All the best to you and your husband. I wish him a speedy recovery. He will be fine he is a good man. I would personally like to thank him for being a paramedic. First responders never get the cudos they deserve. I don't know what we ever did without them. You and he will be in my prayers.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by MJZoo

He is a paramedic and was called to a house for a child who fell down the staris. From what I have been told by his partner and the officers that responded there, my husband was treating the child and the father of the child was under the influence of something and admitted that he pushed his kid down the stairs. My husband got on the radio to inform police and the father went into a room came out and shot him in the back. His partner subdued him and police arrived and arrested him.

Your husband is truly a HERO.....I am praying for his speedy recovery....and extra strength for you.

I hope too that the child he rescued and helped...will recover...and be placed in a healing, loving home.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Send him my love and i hope he gets better soon. Also try not too worry too much, i am sure he will be fine.I can never understand the mentality of people that injure doctors who try to help them!. Shows what kind of a world we are living in nowadays. take care.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Your husband will be in my thoughts, although this is very sad news. It is good to know that the shooter was subdued and taken care of, I wish your husband a very safe recovery, it seems like he was not shot anywhere too dangerous in the back based on the information you have provided, so hopefully everything will be alright! We are with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to your husband and that child. Your husband has probably unknowingly saved that child from a later death from the hands of his father. Your husband being shot will surely put this crazed man away where he belongs.

God be with your husband on his road to recovery and know that he is a true hero. More than he'll probably admit to.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My thoughts are with You both, as well as Your daughter. May Your family be happily together, heathly and strong, very soon!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hello,

Just checking in today to see how your Brave, Sweet Husband is doing. And you and your Dear Daughter.

Hope and Pray he is on his way to a speedy recovery, and that you are holding up well.

Tell him we miss him, and can't wait for him to be back here on the ATS farm, sitting in a rocking chair on the porch, sharing view points and a glass of wine.

ETA: Please let him know, I wanted to send flowers but couldn't. Instead, I went through all of the threads he started, and showered him with flags and stars to Thank Him for his service to humanity.

Bright Blessings,

Des
edit on 8-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh, no!! I was just reading one of his latest threads, and it was wunderbar...
Thanks for letting us know, and tell him thanks for his service and bravery.

I used to work as a behaviorl health professional and visited homes routinely to speak with and follow up with people suffering from addiction, abuse, emotional and mental torments. After about 6 years of it working in the urban core and also with first-time parents, and being called for help in times of crisis to assist, a fellow member of that profession was shot and killed by a client with whom she'd been working for some time. Since then, several more have been kiiled in the line of duty. I look back and recall some of the situations, and realize now how vulnerable a position I was in, but at the time it never occurred to me to be afraid.

Hearing these horror stories, of helpers being injured or killed while selflessly serving shows how vulnerable and courageous the first-responders and crisis-responders are.

Tell your husband, while at his side, how many flags and stars and responses your thread has elicited. He will understand it...and it will help. My husband nearly died of a collapsed lung and complications from pneumonia two years ago. He was hospitalized in critical, stayed for 11 days before being released, and is STILL recovering.

Prayers of strength, peace, justice and compassion to him, from my husband and I, to your family.
Brightest blessings.

And yeah, don't make us march to the hospital and get all up in someone's grill....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about that.

Hope he makes a fast and full recovery.

My thoughts are with you guys.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would also like to add my very best wishes for a speedy recovery

edit on 8-1-2012 by artistpoet because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
it annoys me that when drunks and such attack paramedics who are just there to help.and i dont understand why paramedics dont get at least light body armor as they are always going into hostile inviroments to treat peoples who have been shot or stabbed.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

All the very best wishes, thoughts, and prayers to your husband!

Tell him that ATS discussed it, and we decided the shooter was not Lee Harvey Oswald. We think it was a false flag by the Obama administration to distract everyone from Michelle's latest shopping spree.

Seriously, I hope that he recovers well and soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Again I must say thank you to everyone here. We visitied him today and he seems to be in good spirits. Last night he spiked a fever and was put on anti biotics, today his fever is just about gone. The only real complaint he has is that the chest tube hurts. He tried to explain to me in basic language what the docs were doing for him. He said that the bullet knicked an artery and the blood put pressure on his lung making it smaller than the other one. The fixed the artery in surgery and the chest tube is there as a safety measure in case the fix does not hold. The doc says the tube should come out Tuesday if things are healing well. He has some trouble breathing but he thinks it is mainly from the pain. The doctor is very optomistic he will be fine, but will be out of work for sometime and will have to do some rehab probably due to muscle damage.

Some more of the story about the incident came out last night. The man that shot the child was the step father, and according to what the mother told police the man had threatened violence against the child in the past. The mother believes the bullet was meant for her son. She wanted to visit my husband and thank him for taking the bullet for her son but police had told the hospital staff to not let her visit at this time.

As I was leaving I told him I had made this thread and about all the people on here wishing him well and a speedy recovery. He was very moved by that. He asked me how many trolls were flamming him in the thread? and he laughed a little. That must be an inside joke since I have no idea what that means. As I was leaving he asked me to tell everyone thank you and that he is very happy to have found a place to go with people that think like he does. Unfortunatley I could not talk him out of watching football today, he is a Giants fan and I warned him to be careful and not break any stitches from cheering.

Myself and my husband and our daughter can not thank you all enough. Even though your support comes from the cyber world I can feel the caring and it has helpped me immensly. I have yet to tell our daughter what really happened since I dont really know how to tell this story to a 5 year old. All she knows is that daddy got hurt at work.

Thank you ATS from our family to all of you thank you, we love you, stay safe.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

I have yet to tell our daughter what really happened since I dont really know how to tell this story to a 5 year old. All she knows is that daddy got hurt at work.

Tell her her daddy is a hero

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

He asked me how many trolls were flamming him in the thread? and he laughed a little. That must be an inside joke since I have no idea what that means.

LOL!!!
Tell him "NONE." No one on here has done anything but wish him a speedy recovery and all things good.

Any "flaming" has been directed at the jerk who did this (who you can tell him has now been positively burned at the stake). Give your girlie a hug from wildtimes, and one to your husband, too!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

...... Unfortunatley I could not talk him out of watching football today, he is a Giants fan and I warned him to be careful and not break any stitches from cheering.

Good for him, at least he is doing well enough to enjoy life's "man style" pleasures.

I suffered from a collapsed lung in Aug of 2010.

It takes a long time to heal....I am still suffering from the effect of it.

Its a very slow process, but he will get better.
(if he wants pain relief......tell him I am a KC chiefs fan...so it could be worse)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join